Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Still sons of the west: Mitch Wallis and Tom Liberatore to sign on

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post

Interesting to see it was supposedly the defensive side of Wallis' game that needed improvement and not versatility/forward craft as most of us here assumed.
    His defensive game is still pretty poor. I'm a critic of Mitch's so might not be a fair judge, but he is extremely poor at tracking back when the opposition have the ball in transition or from a stoppage... he just seems to get lost.

2. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    His defensive game is still pretty poor. I'm a critic of Mitch's so might not be a fair judge, but he is extremely poor at tracking back when the opposition have the ball in transition or from a stoppage... he just seems to get lost.
    Interesting. It's something I often struggle to notice in the heat of the game so I tend to rely on the analysis of those here.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Ive noticed that too. It's not that he is lazy, he looks confused when they have it and unsure of what to do. Like you say he gets a bit lost and gets caught out ball watching when he should have an opponent or some space to guard.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. I like him in F50 where his assets are best deployed and his weaknesses are minimised. In the midfield his lack of defensive spread can get exposed by decent opposition mids.

With Clay, Picko and Dickson all either having huge injury clouds or gone, Wallis has been the perfect reinforcement in this area, and it's a credit to him that he added strings to his bow that otherwise didn't previously exist. To kick 20 goals in basically half a season is an excellent return.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Yep. I like him in F50 where his assets are best deployed and his weaknesses are minimised. In the midfield his lack of defensive spread can get exposed by decent opposition mids.

With Clay, Picko and Dickson all either having huge injury clouds or gone, Wallis has been the perfect reinforcement in this area, and it's a credit to him that he added strings to his bow that otherwise didn't previously exist. To kick 20 goals in basically half a season is an excellent return.
    It was 20 goals and not many behinds too IIRC. Straight shooters for goal is another skill we desperately need.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.