Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your Hateful 8, Plus another Hateful 9

great post Happy Days.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Hawthorn - see above but at least they win. Special mention to the 60 year old guy in a pink shirt unbuttoned to his navel, obviously unable to deal with actually losing a big game for once, who asked me at the 2016 semi if my mum was single - in front of my mum Glenferrie Road sucks.

He wouldn't get much past 60 if he'd pulled a stunt like that in front of my mum. My mum would have killed him for a start.

First thing she would have done is inserted the pink shirt where the sun didn't shine. To misquote the old poem about coal diggers, he would have died from constipation with a pink shirt shoved up his bum.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    6. Adelaide. For THOSE preliminaries. And there’s a special place in hell for the middle aged woman who made her way over to my crying children to wave her scarf in their face in 97. Classy. .
    Exact same thing happened to me leaving the 2015 elimination final. I had to leave before "that song" played; the scars of 97 hadn't quite healed. As I was exiting a lovely crows supporter lent over from his seat and waved his scarf in my face. I reacted.....poorly. (But I'm glad I did).

Edit : Reacted in a non violent manner !
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 10-09-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

This starts of so easy, but then becomes tough in terms of a ranking, so i'll just group them:

1. Essendon - Everything about them. The cheating just put the cherry on top, but they are arrogant, filthy and the unbelievable love from the media makes me sick. I just hate them

Next is a group of clubs i just don't like:

Adelaide - their fans and arrogant officials and coaches. The 97 prelim burnt too but i'm over that now

Carlton - their fans and arrogant officials

Geelong - Only recently because of their coach

GWS - Because of how they were created, their poaching of our players and the arrogance of some of their players even though they've accomplished nothing. They almost teeter into the 'Hate' group with essendon but 1. they have no history and are a meaningless existence and 2. they've accomplished nothing and played a hand in our 2016 flag (Thanks Gryphen)

Norf - Their coach and the fact their supporters, for some reason, think they're better and more relevant than us.

Saints - This grouping is sort of holding onto resentment, but i realistically would put them in the below grouping. But they are here for the same reasons as Norf. Their fans for some reason think their club is better and more relevant than ours. They like to think they're always better than us. 2016 shut that down. But i still harbour this grudge from all the years before that.

Sydney - For everything they've been given by the AFL as a legup but mostly because of their pathetic, sad reaction to losing the 2016 GF.

West Coast - Their fans. The WA equivalent of collingwoods.

Don't really care:

Brisbane, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Port, Richmond

Collingwood - their arrogant fans nearly has them up in the don't like group. But i must admit i can't put them in the same buckets as those others that are in there.

5. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Essendon: just a disgraceful organisation. I’ve never met a decent Essendon supporter
    2. North: Brad Scott, faux tough guys, fan base has constant chip on their shoulder
    3. GWS: handed everything on a silver platter, full of d***heads, Griffen
    4. Saints: similar fans to North but not quite as malicious or bitter
    5. Geelong: Chris Scott is the biggest tool in the AFL, Harry Taylor, Kardinia Park is a ****hole

Those 5 are easily my most hated teams. The fact we beat 4 of 5 this year was the only saving grace of 2018.

Carlton were in that mix of 10 years ago but they’re just a joke now.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.