Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  25
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Trash n Treasure

Menzel and Murdoch officially delisted by Geelong. Will be interesting to see if either gets another go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Menzel and Murdoch officially delisted by Geelong. Will be interesting to see if either gets another go.
    Despite his shortcomings surely Menzel has enough talent for someone to pick him up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Despite his shortcomings surely Menzel has enough talent for someone to pick him up.

Buyer beware, his knees are pretty shot. He's got some talent though.
    WOOF NUMBER 6

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    I think they will. I'd imagine Murdoch will have some interest from the SA club's or maybe Essendon.
    Menzel would seem to be a good fit for St Kilda or Carlton and perhaps even us but after getting Lloyd and with limited spots available I can't see that we will chase him.

I'm still surprised at the Tom Sheridan delisting. I think he'd be a nice addition for us
    Tough times don't last, tough people do
    "He'll accumulate and be involved, but we're looking a qualitative sheen on his game that we need, and it is part of our scope to score"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think they will. I'd imagine Murdoch will have some interest from the SA club's or maybe Essendon.
    Menzel would seem to be a good fit for St Kilda or Carlton and perhaps even us but after getting Lloyd and with limited spots available I can't see that we will chase him.

I'm still surprised at the Tom Sheridan delisting. I think he'd be a nice addition for us
    A mate of mine who is only recently out of the AFL bubble rates TS pretty highly. He never quite got there consistency wise, but hopefully he gets another chance. He'd be a great rookie list candidate at worst and would provide us solid coverage.
    #bemorebulldog

Men of Mayhem

Post Thanks / Like

So with 5 picks at the draft do you think we will take a recycled player or just go with 5 youngsters?
    "He'll accumulate and be involved, but we're looking a qualitative sheen on his game that we need, and it is part of our scope to score"

Post Thanks / Like

So with 5 picks at the draft do you think we will take a recycled player or just go with 5 youngsters?
    With pick 7, West and Khamis taking up three of those five spots, I'd be comfortable with taking a recycled player.

In saying that, I think the club will go to the draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    With pick 7, West and Khamis taking up three of those five spots, I'd be comfortable with taking a recycled player.

In saying that, I think the club will go to the draft.
    I tend to think our focus will be about drafting youngsters but a recycled player like Menzel or Sheridan could be a bonus for us.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we are assuming Lynch & Gowers will be on the main list. Has that been confirmed yet?

If it isn't we will have 7 picks in the ND & 1 in the RD. Or 5 & 3 respectively if they are promoted.

* We must do something about the ruck situation. One mature ruckman as insurance so we don't have an unhealthy reliance on the developing English or the hybrid ruckmen Boyd & Trengove.

* It's a good draft so lets go to the well and bring in at least 5 youngsters

* We have already picked up 2 recycled players in Lloyd & Duryea & we get Libba back. Do we really need anymore? I'm not opposed to using the rookie list for giving a youngster previously on an AFL list who wasn't getting much of a go. Someone like Josh Williams from North or Mal Karpany from WCE who could add some depth to areas of our list which are a bit understated
    Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment.

Post Thanks / Like

the current trash n treasure market

http://www.afl.com.au/news/features/...and-delistings
    Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment.

11. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I guess we are assuming Lynch & Gowers will be on the main list. Has that been confirmed yet?

If it isn't we will have 7 picks in the ND & 1 in the RD. Or 5 & 3 respectively if they are promoted.

* We must do something about the ruck situation. One mature ruckman as insurance so we don't have an unhealthy reliance on the developing English or the hybrid ruckmen Boyd & Trengove.

* It's a good draft so lets go to the well and bring in at least 5 youngsters

* We have already picked up 2 recycled players in Lloyd & Duryea & we get Libba back. Do we really need anymore? I'm not opposed to using the rookie list for giving a youngster previously on an AFL list who wasn't getting much of a go. Someone like Josh Williams from North or Mal Karpany from WCE who could add some depth to areas of our list which are a bit understated
    I understood this to be confirmed by the club. When the list lodgements are done today or tomorrow we'll know for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Lynch has to be promoted or delisted so I think it's safe to assume he will be on the primary list.

Post Thanks / Like

Lynch and Gowers did club media about their two year deals for being elevated.
    I drank the slab that Bon Scott drunk
    I injected some of Hendrixs junk
    I booked a seat on Lynyrd Skynyrds plane
    Mama Cass's sandwich? Ate the same

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be surprised if we used the rookie draft to get a couple of mature aged recruits. From the main list, I would hope we go with 5 youngsters, if they are available and not too speculative.
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Jarryd Lyons delisted by Gold Coast - thought he was a decent player?