Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  19
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rookie List Strategy 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    It's a good opportunity to get those ones we are interested in down to the club for the preseason to have a really close look at before making any rushed decision. That is if it is allowed by the AEFL. We can see who is a good trainer and who fits the no dickhead policy, etc.
    Sydney Stack is training at Richmond, so yes we have that option.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    We may be waiting a while to get any kind of answer. Amazingly the SSP period goes from December 1st to March 15th!

So theoretically, we could pick someone on the 15th and play them 8 days later. I find this whole SSP thing a bit bananas.
    Its closer to the old days, where guys almost sneak onto lists, with little fanfare

All I know is its intriguing to see what we do with that spot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    It's a good opportunity to get those ones we are interested in down to the club for the preseason to have a really close look at before making any rushed decision. That is if it is allowed by the AEFL. We can see who is a good trainer and who fits the no dickhead policy, etc.
    If we can avoid a mid season delisting like with that ruckman I already forgot the name of then it's not a horrible idea

Post Thanks / Like

Just looking at the Bulldog's twitter account and they had a bit of a contest to identify a player, whose head was hidden by a football - turned out it was R West. I couldn't, however, work out who the tackler was - is he possibly someone training with us in a bid for this final rookie spot(?)
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys. I am at the Social club XMAS function ATM. Had a chance to speak briefly to Sam Power and shook hand with him. I congratulate him for a job well done with the trade and draft.

He confirmed there is no more spot available on our list and said it was mis-reported in the media.

He also said if Wingard have chosen us then it was only for a future pick and we were comfortable keeping pick 7 going into a strong draft.
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

6. Thanks GVGjr, azabob, jazzadogs, bornadog, josie, Smads57, Greystache, boydogs thanked for this post
    Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by choconmientay View Post
    Guys. I am at the Social club XMAS function ATM. Had a chance to speak briefly to Sam Power and shook hand with him. I congratulate him for a job well done with the trade and draft.

He confirmed there is no more spot available on our list and said it was mis-reported in the media.

He also said if Wingard have chosen us then it was only for a future pick and we were comfortable keeping pick 7 going into a strong draft.
    Thanks Choc.

Rules and reporting on the fly. No wonder everyone is confused. Glad Sam knows what's going on...

Post Thanks / Like

Then clearly Hawthorn thought we were in a bidding war... And we weren't. Pick 15 & a young KPP vs 2019 Future 1st. Port owe us a good bottle of scotch or ten.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I’m more confused than ever! Does that mean Buku is category A?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    You or BT or Jazzadog should have been there poking questions at Sam as I didn't have the nous to question him about that
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I thought he was
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

You or BT or Jazzadog should have been there poking questions at Sam as I didn't have the nous to question him about that
    He was standing a couple of metres away from me for quite a while and I never even thought about asking him as I assumed the media reports were correct about us having 1 more rookie spot.