Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chad Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Chad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Never
    Agreed. Boring!
    p.s Shiel is an explosive animal.
    I'll settle for Wingard. Not worth that dosh but gotta pay overs. He'll sell 800k in short sleeve and long sleeve jumpers.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    How do our facilities stack up these days? If Nixon is to be believed, The Chad is keen on touring both Dogs & Hawks before making a call.
    The Hawks new home is being built on a swamp.

And he’d be moving from Kochie to Jeffrey.

Post Thanks / Like

Bit frustrating that last year trade radio kicked off with a staged media performance from Stringers manager to help his cause. This year they haven’t spoken to Wingard, his manager, Port or even us about this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Bit frustrating that last year trade radio kicked off with a staged media performance from Stringers manager to help his cause. This year they haven’t spoken to Wingard, his manager, Port or even us about this.
    Blame Jake's manager for last year...and Jake's rambling performance for Wingard not being on this year...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Blame Jake's manager for last year...and Jake's rambling performance for Wingard not being on this year...
    They had Tom Lynch this year. Who said nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Jake's manager, Jake's dad, Dodoro...all played their part in that premeditated, classless ****show.

I'd prefer the Wingard deal to just get done quietly and professionally, rather than play it out publicly.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

7. Likes Twodogs, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Barrett:

If Wingard joins ...
    then the finals will be back on the cards for 2019.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Thanks bulldogtragic, KT31 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Barrett:

If Wingard joins ...
    then the finals will be back on the cards for 2019.
    I've said for years, this bloke is the most astute footy writer. Really knows his stuff and supports the success of our club.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I've said for years, this bloke is the most astute footy writer. Really knows his stuff and supports the success of our club.
    I'm just genuinely shocked he put aside his beef with Bevo and could actually write something positive about us....or was it a backhanded compliment?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I'm just genuinely shocked he put aside his beef with Bevo and could actually write something positive about us....or was it a backhanded compliment?
    I think just stating the obvious. We bring in a guy whose in our top 5 players, with a re-focused team and development of our kids. Of course finals are on the cards. Not a lot of substance to this pulp fiction. But he's right. The Bevo sledge is for next week.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Jake's manager, Jake's dad, Dodoro...all played their part in that premeditated, classless ****show.

I'd prefer the Wingard deal to just get done quietly and professionally, rather than play it out publicly.
    It was a completely unedifying display put on by the Stringer camp. The efforts to make out the club to be at fault for his ousting, and Dodo's attempts at diminishing his trade value were so obvious it was pathetic.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Jay Clark reckons he ends up at Hawthorn despite us probably offering more coin

Sigh
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Sigh
    Yeah heard that. Although there was very little substance to his reasoning. It was basically just him ogling hawthorn. Pretty much insinuating that Chad would play for the hawks for basically what he’s on now....

Post Thanks / Like

Sigh
    That’s a very strange reckoning. Contracting into same money to turn his back on this contract, which is his big one. Reckons? Or has sources confirming? And Hawthorn have to beat our pick 6 offer to Port. That reckon defies a bit of logic.

Post Thanks / Like

Strange decision to join he Hawks. Yes top 4 in 2018, but seriously their list is a mess and they will crash over the next years to rebuild. Topping up with players like Wingard will see them avoid a complete bottom out, but they are not going to win a flag in the next 5 years. Why as a player would you waste your time?