Thanks Thanks:  67
Likes Likes:  321
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chad Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Chad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    That’s a very strange reckoning. Contracting into same money to turn his back on this contract, which is his big one. Reckons? Or has sources confirming? And Hawthorn have to beat our pick 6 offer to Port. That reckon defies a bit of logic.
    Yeah not sure I'd take anything Jay Clarke says too seriously. He seems like a Bigfooty poster with a media accreditation.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Strange decision to join he Hawks. Yes top 4 in 2018, but seriously their list is a mess and they will crash over the next years to rebuild. Topping up with players like Wingard will see them avoid a complete bottom out, but they are not going to win a flag in the next 5 years. Why as a player would you waste your time?
    I think we need to understand that players are not really equipped for list analysis.

If Clark sells the dream, he won't care what anyone thinks.
    We need to convince him that we can provide the success.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Yeah not sure I'd take anything Jay Clarke says too seriously. He seems like a Bigfooty poster with a media accreditation.
    He's just missing mentioned Schoenmakers as the fair trade...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Wingard wants to be a permanent midfielder then Hawthorn makes sense as their midfield depth is close to non-existant.

Post Thanks / Like

Clarkson has a lot of pull
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Big club, play big matches on the MCG, get set with better chances for media career post footy if he wants, better support for indigenous players, lots of reasons he could pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    He said Wallis was going to Brisbane - gets a lot wrong
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Jay Clarke is a flog

10. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Jay Clarke is a flog
    What are you hearing? Is he staying? Going?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    What are you hearing? Is he staying? Going?
    Jay Clarke to Breitbart Sport on a three year deal, for small McCafe coffee.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Jay Clarke to Breitbart Sport on a three year deal, for small McCafe coffee.
    They’re overpaying with that offer, desperados.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

If Wingard is our focus and we are confident he wants to come to us then given we are trading pick 6 we should ask for their pick 45 as a sweetener in the deal. An extra pick could be handy for us with Khamis

If Port weren't keen to add that to the trade then perhaps we could look at a deal with the Crows swapping our pick 6 for their pick 9 and something else.

Port still get a top 10 pick for Wingard from us but they are now picking behind their arch enemy in a strong SA draft. I think Port would comfortably hand us their pick 45 in a deal for Wingard
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If Wingard is our focus and we are confident he wants to come to us then given we are trading pick 6 we should ask for their pick 45 as a sweetener in the deal. An extra pick could be handy for us with Khamis
    Agree 100%. Port will get pick 6 off us and another good pick for Polec - they may not even want to use pick 45 if they can snag 4 picks in the top 30.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

If Port weren't keen to add that to the trade then perhaps we could look at a deal with the Crows swapping our pick 6 for their pick 9 and something else.

Port still get a top 10 pick for Wingard from us but they are now picking behind their arch enemy in a strong SA draft. I think Port would comfortably hand us their pick 45 in a deal for Wingard
    Completely agree. After shuffling that's pick 50 or so. Even if we hand back 66 if push came to shove. That's about 200 extra points.

I've been playing with a complex trade, but haven't finished the fine details but I've got this far:

Port get pick 10 for Polac
    Dogs trade Port pick 6 for pick 10

Port take Rozee & Hately at the draft
    Dogs use pick 10 before West

Dogs hand over 2019 1st rounder
    Dogs swap Port 3rd for 4th rounder this year (45 for 60, about 200 extra points)
    Port swap Dogs 3rd for 4th rounder next year (Port stocking up next year, see below)

Wash up:

Port: Upgrade pick 10 into pick 6 to get a gun local kid, also take another first rounder into next year (maybe 8-12), salary cap free for Lycett, equal later swaps over both years - Wingard
    Dogs: Wingard - Downgrade pick 6 down to pick 10, for West or before ideally, give 2019 first rounder, equal later swaps over both years

Port would have picks 6, 9, 21, 27 & 46 plus Lycett. So bringing in 6 players at least. A swap of 45 to 60 works for us, and works for them in that they might not use 46. So they get an extra good third rounder next year, a good balance for them having two first rounders, a second rounder, and two third rounders.

Taking out reciprocal later swaps, we give them an upgrade of pick 10 into pick 6 this year for a gun SA kid, plus likely pick 8-12 next year. So a first rounder next year plus a significant first round upgrade into the top 10 this year.

Still working on it. Happy for feedback.

Post Thanks / Like

To be fair to Clark, if he's just offering his opinion, then given the ability of the respective clubs to attract players and make big trades actually happen, he's entitled to think that Hawthorn would beat us out.

But he's still a dickhead.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -