Thanks Thanks:  67
Likes Likes:  321
Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chad Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Chad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Completely agree. After shuffling that's pick 50 or so. Even if we hand back 66 if push came to shove. That's about 200 extra points.

I've been playing with a complex trade, but haven't finished the fine details but I've got this far:

Port get pick 10 for Polac
    Dogs trade Port pick 6 for pick 10

Port take Rozee & Hately at the draft
    Dogs use pick 10 before West

Dogs hand over 2019 1st rounder
    Dogs swap Port 3rd for 4th rounder this year (45 for 60, about 200 extra points)
    Port swap Dogs 3rd for 4th rounder next year (Port stocking up next year, see below)

I believe North are holding firm that they want one of Port's 2nd rounders in return for their 1st pick for Polec.

I'm not sure if that complicates things but it might open up some opportunities for us with the Dahlhaus pick.

Also if Wingard picks the Hawks as his destination there might be an opportunity to get involved in that because on face value Port would want more than pick 14 from the Hawks

I tend to this we have to go hard at either getting Wingard or selecting the best player with our pick 6 or 7 but there could be other scenario's that give us some more selections or points we might have to consider.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding port, obviously they won’t get luko, but I wonder how they rate the other SA kids...
    Would they be hopeful of Rozee for instance making it to 9?

I think they will be desperate to get a pick before the crows.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

McLure on SEN saying Hawks are close to getting his nomination.

Sounds like for a 3rd year we've been used to bargain a better deal elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    McLure on SEN saying Hawks are close to getting his nomination.

Sounds like for a 3rd year we've been used to bargain a better deal elsewhere.
    He's no good anyway*

* unless he nominates us
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

We can't land a big free agent it seems if this is true (Hawks). Not sure why.

Post Thanks / Like

just to add after reading the actual article, it seems its more guess work from journos. It was Sam Edmund (?) who basically clarified to say he has no idea but believes hawks are seriously going hard.

Post Thanks / Like

just to add after reading the actual article, it seems its more guess work from journos. It was Sam Edmund (?) who basically clarified to say he has no idea but believes hawks are seriously going hard.
    Dogs just going moderately hard??? .... Love the news now, just be first, not right, not informed, not have actual insight, provide facts not opinions, but just be first with something.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Since when have we rated anything that Sam MacLure says?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

9. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Dogs just going moderately hard??? .... Love the news now, just be first, not right, not informed, not have actual insight, provide facts not opinions, but just be first with something.
    Pretty much the exact same from Jay Clarke last week. So no-one has any idea at the moment. This may well be just a bargaining stunt from Chad to get more money on his next deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much the exact same from Jay Clarke last week. So no-one has any idea at the moment. This may well be just a bargaining stunt from Chad to get more money on his next deal.

I read about players and their managers doing this and that to try and get more money from the club they are dealing with.

Is it just me or is gouging a prospective employer for as much as you can exactly the wrong thing to be doing as you walk through the door? Serious question because it's the last thing I would be doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I read about players and their managers doing this and that to try and get more money from the club they are dealing with.

Is it just me or is gouging a prospective employer for as much as you can exactly the wrong thing to be doing as you walk through the door? Serious question because it's the last thing I would be doing.
    No.

Once you're in the door I doubt the coaches etc give a crap about whether you scraped out an extra 25k from the board on the way in.

And I know I harp on this point, but if you blow your knee and aren't employable as a footballer next year the club would be quick to shake your hand and say see you later.

If I were a player and my manager wasn't doing their utmost to get me every dollar they could, I'd be getting a new manager.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    No.

Once you're in the door I doubt the coaches etc give a crap about whether you scraped out an extra 25k from the board on the way in.

And I know I harp on this point, but if you blow your knee and aren't employable as a footballer next year the club would be quick to shake your hand and say see you later.

If I were a player and my manager wasn't doing their utmost to get me every dollar they could, I'd be getting a new manager.
    Yeah I can see that. But couldn't you also say that if you were a long term, one club player that you would get better looked after? Doug Hawkins always says that he regrets having one more year at Fitzroy and not being remembered as a one club player. I guess it's a case of not that many players getting the chance to do the romantic thing. Because you are right if it comes to a choice between the welfare of the club and the welfare of a single player it's going to be the club everytime.

A bit like Vinnie says at the end of 'Lock, Stock'

"Lads, it's been emotional"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yeah I can see that. But couldn't you also say that if you were a long term, one club player that you would get better looked after? Doug Hawkins always says that he regrets having one more year at Fitzroy and not being remembered as a one club player. I guess it's a case of not that many players getting the chance to do the romantic thing. Because you are right if it comes to a choice between the welfare of the club and the welfare of a single player it's going to be the club everytime.

A bit like Vinnie says at the end of 'Lock, Stock'

"Lads, it's been emotional"
    I think largely the romantic notion of being a one club player is just that. I don't doubt that a lot of players would like that to be the case, but when push comes to shove it's the money that buys you your second home that you don't need . Loyalty and love of the club only goes so far.

I love my job. I've wanted to work for this organisation since I was a little boy going ee ore ee ore in the backyard. But you better believe I'd walk away if another organisation offered me double the pay.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Just remember that it's better for journalists that players nominate bigger clubs as there's more of a story there. It's in their best interest to build up Wingard to Hawks as much as possible

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone said Buddy was going to GWS once upon a time.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

17. Likes Topdog liked this post