Thanks Thanks:  67
Likes Likes:  321
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34344454647484950515253

Thread: The Chad Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Chad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think if they can get him to work his arse off he'll be good for them. The competition year on year has more and more players doing more and more to get the best out of themselves and be the best professionals they can be. If the Chad wants to be truly elite then he has to do more work more often, otherwise he'll be behind physically to the extent his talent will only ensure he is a middling to good player rather than an elite one.

He's clearly good enough, and with the right attitude and physical application he'll be a freak for Hawthorn.
    Would you say him and Luke D are in similar head spaces? Luke at his peak was a great player for us. But seems to have gotten a bit self absorbed. Not sure if this is a fair comparison, ( definitely not at the skill level. Luke I won't miss your kicking boots!).
    A Port crossover like Shaun Burgoyne is going to be an important leader for Chad.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Would you say him and Luke D are in similar head spaces? Luke at his peak was a great player for us. But seems to have gotten a bit self absorbed. Not sure if this is a fair comparison, ( definitely not at the skill level. Luke I won't miss your kicking boots!).
    A Port crossover like Shaun Burgoyne is going to be an important leader for Chad.
    Perhaps in terms of result, but for different reasons in getting there. The Chad from what I can gather just doesn't really have an interest in football other than being freakishly good at it, and that results in him not getting as much out of himself as he could.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    He really has never had a season close to being as bad as Stringer. Not sure why we are comparing the 2 now
    Yep. His midfield numbers in the 2nd half of this year were as good as anyone else at Port - it's the Cornes and Tredrea sidshow ramming home the whole 'played crap for two years and is a sook' narrative. Stringer can only dream of being able to spend more than 2 minutes at as time in the middle. HFF can also be a graveyard, especially when you have most of the ball feeding through to Robbie Gray.

This is purely about money - Port have over-committed for Fool's Gold and don't have enough in the bank for others.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

It was reported by the media that our offer to Port Adelaide was our 2019 1st rounder for Chad Wingard. That's looking almost certain to be pick 4 and Wingard would've made little to no difference based on his 2019 fitness and form.

So on behalf of everyone who loves this club. Thank you Chad for picking Hawthorn and saving us from ourselves.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes Mofra, bornadog, Rocket Science, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep we dodged a bullet in the short term at the very least BT
    I'm guessing but I dont think we thought it would be a top 5 oick though
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm guessing but I dont think we thought it would be a top 5 pick though
    This point/question deserves its own thread. Then what has happened at the club this year???????
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    This point/question deserves its own thread. Then what has happened at the club this year???????
    We probably thought it was a pick somewhere beteen 8 and 10. Realistically I think Port would have wanted a lot more anyway.
    Too early to make ths call on why the season hasn't quite measured up.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

My understanding with Wingard is he had soft tissue, think Hamstring issues during pre season which put him behind the eight ball and he's struggled to get back to full fitness.
    I expect if he gets a full pre season next year we will be able to judge better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    My understanding with Wingard is he had soft tissue, think Hamstring issues during pre season which put him behind the eight ball and he's struggled to get back to full fitness.
    I expect if he gets a full pre season next year we will be able to judge better.
    The issue for me is giving up pick 4, not with his talent. He's not a trade pick 4 player to me, even if he has 4 more good years.