Thanks Thanks:  67
Likes Likes:  321
Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chad Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Chad Thread

I've long thought that all AFL journalists are actually wards of the state who have no job or life skills or interests apart from footy, and get given their positions out of pity and obligation.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Good lord, Trengove's relationship with Wingard is the precise polar opposite of a "sticking point" you colossal morons.

English mother *!*!*!*!er. Do. You. Speak. it?

Say 'what' again. I dare you.

One of my favourite scenes of all time, given that it combines correct grammar and extreme violence. And grammar and violence are two of my favourite things...
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

3. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ken Hinkley on SEN, says Chad a top 10 player of AFL and therefore expects picks to reflect that, either 2 first or 1st and 2nd rounders. I think he was just pumping him up to get the best offer for Port.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Ken Hinkley on SEN, says Chad a top 10 player of AFL and therefore expects picks to reflect that, either 2 first or 1st and 2nd rounders. I think he was just pumping him up to get the best offer for Port.
    Ken has gone mad. Ken has gone mad. Ken has gone completely mad!

Sorry Ken but he's not a top 10 player of the AFL.

What was the context of the discussion? Interesting that he didn't deny a trade?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We think you are a top 10 player Chad but we aren't willing to pay you like a top 10 player. Which one is it Ken?

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Old Kenny has lost the plot

Port coach says Wingard is a top-10 player

PORT Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley says Chad Wingard is a top-10 player in the AFL at his best and such talents are not ones “you let go out of your footy club very easily”.

Wingard has been linked to the Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn on a salary of more than $800,000 a season, seen as likely to depart the Power.

Wingard averaged 20.8 disposals and kicked 22 goals from 21 games this season.

“Chad’s an enormous talent. He’s a really good player,” Hinkley said on SEN radio.

“I think his best football, and it’s not that far away, even this year he played some really big games of football for us, he’s not the type of player that you let go out of your footy club very easily. Whether that’s one of our players or one of the opposition players, top-10 players in the competition are top-10 players.”

Asked of Wingard’s worth at the trade table, Hinkley said that was not his job but such previous deals for quality players gave an indication.

“I just said he’s a top-10 player so he’s pretty valuable,” Hinkley said.

“If I dealt what we’ve been through in the past, we’ve dealt with Paddy Ryder, we’ve dealt with Charlie Dixon and we’ve given up first-round pick and second-round pick, two first-round picks, they’re the sort of numbers but they’re not my decisions, they’re decisions made by list management.”

Post Thanks / Like

I'd do our first pick and the Dahlhaus compo for him. I agree with Kenny that he's a top 10 player 'at his best'.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

1st and Young.

I don't rate Young but if Hinkley thinks Wingard is currently a top-10 player in the AFL maybe he does.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I'd ask Hinkley if Wingard is a top 10 player in the competition, why aren't Port paying him like one or indicating that they will after his contract expires?

I think it's more likely now that Port have to pony up a great deal for him to stay. They rate him and he now clearly needs to be paid well in excess on a million
    800K isn't getting this done

Surely the coach would say we are holding him to his contract and we will make enough room in our cap to keep him
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

He did also add the condition 'at his best'. But that very condition is why Port aren't paying him what he wants and why he's not worth what Port are positioning themselves for in a trade.

13. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'd ask Hinkley if Wingard is a top 10 player in the competition, why aren't Port paying him like one or indicating that they will after his contract expires?

I think it's more likely now that Port have to pony up a great deal for him to stay. They rate him and he now clearly needs to be paid well in excess on a million
    800K isn't getting this done

Surely the coach would say we are holding him to his contract and we will make enough room in our cap to keep him
    My view is that hes worth pick 6 and nothing more

Hes been all australian twice but on the past 3 years form is only on the fringes of the best 50 players in the league

They don't want him enough or trust him to sign him to a big deal - I wouldn't offer a second or the Dahlhaus compo pick

They wont find a better offer than pick 6 in terms of the ability to have a swing at a star player - their call, but I dont see him returning after they initiated a fire sale

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    1st and Young.

I don't rate Young but if Hinkley thinks Wingard is currently a top-10 player in the AFL maybe he does.
    If Young departs our key defender stocks are extremely thin.. I think we keep him or at least one more year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    If Young departs our key defender stocks are extremely thin.. I think we keep him or at least one more year.
    Cordy, Naughton, Adams, Roberts, Morris (maybe not a true key defender now but still regularly plays as one) and Trengove if necessary. Even Wood in an emergency.

How many do we need? I thought we had too many this year and have only lost Collins so far. Couldn't afford to lose both Adams and Young but if one left I wouldn't be overly concerned.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I'd do our first pick and the Dahlhaus compo for him. I agree with Kenny that he's a top 10 player 'at his best'.
    Top 10 in the league? I’d say that’s a stretch, even at his best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Cordy, Naughton, Adams, Roberts, Morris (maybe not a true key defender now but still regularly plays as one) and Trengove if necessary. Even Wood in an emergency.

How many do we need? I thought we had too many this year and have only lost Collins so far. Couldn't afford to lose both Adams and Young but if one left I wouldn't be overly concerned.
    Adams can't get on the park and from rumours might want out.

Roberts clearly isn't in our plans given he has hardly played since early 2017... If he wasn't contracted he would've been delisted and probably is exploring his options.

Morris is about to enter his final year.

Trengove was only passable in defence and is clearly more suited in the ruck or ruck/forward.

I think Young should be still very much in our plans.

19. Likes Topdog liked this post