Thanks Thanks:  67
Likes Likes:  321
Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chad Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Chad Thread

Offer him the minimum wage and give him a Macdonald franchise, sets him up for life And our salary cap is not affected :-)
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Offer him the minimum wage and give him a Macdonald franchise, sets him up for life And our salary cap is not affected :-)
    You're a man with Visyon!
    "It's over. It's all over."

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Pop quiz hot shot. Wingard might stay at $850,000. But at $950,000 would likely leave for us. An extra $100,000 a year could be the difference between getting him and not. What do you do?
    He'd be behind Boyd (at least this year) and the Bont (from what I understand) in payment terms.
    If we were to imagine the exact type of player who would make us a better side, a firing Wingard is almost the prototype - can run in the middle, tear an opposition team apart as a forward in only 10 minutes, is coming into his prime and will play for another 6+ years.

Then consider the cap is ~20% larger than when we offered a monster deal to a 19 year old. I'm firmly in the yes camp.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

5. Likes bulldogtragic, Sedat, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He'd be behind Boyd (at least this year) and the Bont (from what I understand) in payment terms.
    If we were to imagine the exact type of player who would make us a better side, a firing Wingard is almost the prototype - can run in the middle, tear an opposition team apart as a forward in only 10 minutes, is coming into his prime and will play for another 6+ years.

Then consider the cap is ~20% larger than when we offered a monster deal to a 19 year old. I'm firmly in the yes camp.
    This. As an aside, I personally love him as to see an indigenous superstar playing for us. I'm too young to remember Magic, Winmar & Koops were fizzes, our others haven't been legit superstars. And for years to see the Buddy's, Betts, Rioli's etc light up games of footy has me envious. We have the west of Victoria now, well populated with indigenous kids looking for a role model. He's a guy that makes you want to go to the footy and only take toilet stops at the main breaks because you don't want to miss a second because he can do a lot in that time. An outright indigenous superstar would be massive for a lot if reasons, so I'm in the yes camp on good coin too.

As another aside, we'd be truly the multicultural team if we can convince him to come. Wingard (indigenous), JJ (South Africa), Daniel (Adelaide), Khamis (Sudan), Jong (East Timor/Taiwanese). A true representation of the peoples of the West. We come from all parts, but we are one and equal under the Red, White & Blue.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

This. As an aside, I personally love him as to see an indigenous superstar playing for us. I'm too young to remember Magic, Winmar & Koops were fizzes, our others haven't been legit superstars. And for years to see the Buddy's, Betts, Rioli's etc light up games of footy has me envious. We have the west of Victoria now, well populated with indigenous kids looking for a role model. He's a guy that makes you want to go to the footy and only take toilet stops at the main breaks because you don't want to miss a second because he can do a lot in that time. An outright indigenous superstar would be massive for a lot if reasons, so I'm in the yes camp on good coin too.

As another aside, we'd be truly the multicultural team if we can convince him to come. Wingard (indigenous), JJ (South Africa), Daniel (Adelaide), Khamis (Sudan), Jong (East Timor/Taiwanese). A true representation of the peoples of the West. We come from all parts, but we are one and equal under the Red, White & Blue.
    Lynch also indigenous and could work well with Chad.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

*cough* Les Bamblett *cough*
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

9. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Lynch also indigenous and could work well with Chad.
    After the Richmond game, I want Lynch forward. Two lightning quick small forwards playing at the feet of hopefully Boyd & Schache. Sounds pretty nice to me.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    *cough* Les Bamblett *cough*
    Too young for me to recall like Magic. No disrespect to him.

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

'If Chad wants to stay, he'll be here': Davies

IT'S CHAD Wingard's decision whether he wants to stay at Port Adelaide but football manager Chris Davies says "right now, there's nothing to suggest he wants to leave".

Wingard is contracted until the end of 2019 and Davies acknowledged the talented but inconsistent star could explore his options, with the Western Bulldogs among the interested Victorian clubs.

"Where contracts have got to in the AFL competition is that with a year to go, whether it's the player or the manager or the club in some instances, they look at what they can potentially get in a year's time and work back from there," Davies told NAB AFL Trade Radio on Thursday.

The Power know what Wingard wants is pivotal.

"We're not the first cab off the rank in all of this. Chad is," Davies said.

"Fundamentally, Chad's got to have an offer that would suggest that he wants to go and right now, that's not the conversation that we're having. That'll play out over the coming days and weeks I'm sure."

However, Davies said Port doesn't want the 25-year-old to leave.

"Unless Chad gets to a point where he's got an offer on the table that would suggest he wants to leave, we plan for him to stay in 2019," Davies said.

"We're certainly not going to force Chad out. If he wants to stay at our footy club in 2019, he'll be here."

Post Thanks / Like

Chad, come on down
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The wording from Port is a little strange.

Obviously a bit more to this story so the next few weeks will be interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    The wording from Port is a little strange.
    Certainly haven't shut the door on any deals, left themselves some room.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

That says pretty much nothing. Except that they are prepared to trade. So maybe he's still in play.

Post Thanks / Like

True! We could also celebrate the English / Scot / Irish / Welsh backgrounds. if you were allowed to without wanting to be labeled 'racist'.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    True! We could also celebrate the English / Scot / Irish / Welsh backgrounds. if you were allowed to without wanting to be labeled 'racist'.
    Well, I love Tim English, I though Scot Welsh was very good and underrated, and an Irish rookie would be nice as we've never had a one (that I can remember).

21. Likes hujsh liked this post