Thanks Thanks:  67
Likes Likes:  321
Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chad Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Chad Thread

Can we get involved if Wingard chooses Hawks? Maybe a player......plus 15 for our 7? Who would we want?

Post Thanks / Like

I am beginning to think that perhaps the delay in Wingard coming out and saying anything publicly has been to do with seeing where Shiel fell. This would have ramifications for what demands the Hawks could meet and could go some way to explaining a delay in coming out and talking publicly.

I am not ruling us out yet but did discover this evening that in the same way Chad (or his management) has been liking a large amount of posts on the Western Bulldogs instagram page, so to has he on the Hawks...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wimberga View Post
    I am beginning to think that perhaps the delay in Wingard coming out and saying anything publicly has been to do with seeing where Shiel fell. This would have ramifications for what demands the Hawks could meet and could go some way to explaining a delay in coming out and talking publicly.

I am not ruling us out yet but did discover this evening that in the same way Chad (or his management) has been liking a large amount of posts on the Western Bulldogs instagram page, so to has he on the Hawks...
    Yeah, I saw that about an hour ago liking all the Tom Mitchell stuff. Seems a bit of trolling, or he really likes Mitchell and Redpath etc. I've assumed that his manager playing funny buggers all along, I hope it's his manager and not him.

I think we are in a firm position with pick 7. In no way would I trade it to Hawthorn Fredi. I'd leave it as an open offer to Port for Wingard. If it doesn't happen, I don't mind going the draft. But we might just turn it our way. No way I'm helping Hawthorn by gifting them a great pick to ensure we don't get Wingard and we don't get pick 7. (& if Rhylee went 14 or higher, we’d lose pick 15 too)
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 09-10-2018 at 11:52 PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

People need to relax, no rush at all

Post Thanks / Like

Would be a bitter pill to swallow if he nominated Hawthorn from here.

Still think we should be ahead based on the groundwork done and the fact that if he wants to leave Port, we’re his best chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Would be a bitter pill to swallow if he nominated Hawthorn from here.

Still think we should be ahead based on the groundwork done and the fact that if he wants to leave Port, we’re his best chance.
    I think we're gone now that Hawhthorn missed Shiels, they will take that offer straight to Chad. Smalls clubs are continually missing out on FAs. Norf, Saints missing player after player yet have the most to spend. Geelong, Hawks, Bombers etc continue to land them.

Post Thanks / Like

If we miss out we just go to draft with pick 7 and bank our cash till next year. No big deal.

8. Likes Topdog, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s very true that this free agency thing clearly benefits the bigger clubs. However, ask yourself who it’s REALLY benefited?
    From what I can see, Sydney, Geelong and Hawthorn are only messing with nature and causing themselves to slowly fizzle into mid table obscurity.

Look at last year’s big trades or free agents: Jake Lever, Charlie Cameron, Bryce Gibbs & Lachie Weller. Which of those four would you take over Aaron Naughton or Ed Richards?

Personally, I prefer my apples straight off the tree. They’re cheaper, younger and come with less baggage. Top up with some lower profile trades and free agents and move forward.

Although Richmond are the envy of everyone, like the Swans with Buddy, they’re messing with a winning formula and taking on one hell of a salary cap burden at a time when they’ve got plenty of premiership players on their list. Then there’s the hubris factor.

I’d personally prefer to keep building through the Draft.
    Last edited by Webby; 10-10-2018 at 09:15 AM.

10. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Topdog, Smads57, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pick 7 is good or Wingard is good. I'm of the mind that we currently are floundering in mid table obscurity. Geelong / Hawthorn et al do not have sufficient talent across their entire list to be genuine top 4 but we do in the foreseeable future. Our bottom 6 are pretty good players now and a Wingard type might just be the difference between the middle of the ladder and finals. We might not be a top 4 team with Wingard but getting him will go a long way to exposing our kids to finals and reinvigorating our generally demoralised member base.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Trade radio:

Kane Cornes: I reckon the Power are fed up about this issue with Chad. They don't want to be asked any more questions about him. They (Wingard camp) have to make a call in the next 24 hours because the Power have had enough of this.

#NABTradeRadio
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Trade radio:

Kane Cornes: I reckon the Power are fed up about this issue with Chad. They don't want to be asked any more questions about him. They (Wingard camp) have to make a call in the next 24 hours because the Power have had enough of this.

#NABTradeRadio
    It's fair enough really he just needs to release a statement now it's really dragging on and he needs to be advised that he's making it a bigger issue than it needs to be and creating more angst. If he wants a bidding war just come out and say it's between the Dogs, Hawks and Saints and let it begin.

FWIW Gary Lyon this morning said it's Power or Dogs as did Cornes yesterday. Tom Browne adamant the Hawks have him now.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Port now have pick 11 to play with.

Wingard and 11 for 7 and Future 1st?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post

And they've clear a bit off their salary cap.

Seems like a deal we might consider.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

This was reported yesterday, but with their pick 10 instead of 11.

I guess it comes down to a few factors:
    1) Where will we finish next year? Around the same mark= bad deal. Lower= bad deal. Eight or higher=probably great deal
    2) What is the draft class like next year versus this year? Who do we get at 10/11 this year and how will that compare to someone we get in the (probabaly) 8-10 range next year.
    3) Will we have enough points for our father/son selections? There are a few coming through, will we need a first rounder?

Post Thanks / Like

That's really balanced for both teams. I like it.