Thanks Thanks:  67
Likes Likes:  321
Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chad Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Chad Thread

I always hated him.

2. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Sounds like Hawthorn offering up Burton and pick 15.
    With the Ceglar rumour of leaving, and being a KPD down, I wonder if they look at Jordan Roughead as cheap cover for both spots.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm not unhappy about this, focus on bringing in 3 talented players and a couple from the state leagues and we can strengthen our playing list
    Agree . Get out recruitment and development right .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    I always hated him.
    Me too.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not the end of the world let’s hit the draft we are building nicely Go Dogs

8. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Sounds like Hawthorn offering up Burton and pick 15.
    One of the few young talented players they have .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Hamling played a great finals series and I admit I would've liked him to stay. But prior to that he was a fringe player himself along with Stevens and Hrovat.

Fringe players always look elsewhere for better opportunity. I wouldn't read too much into that.

Hurley was disappointing though.
    When I think how poorly Crameri performed, I'm not disappointed we didn't get Hurley. Coming from a bad program.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like 15+ a good young player might be more than we would want to offer. i think best equivalent would be Richards or Williams + a pick in the teens which I believe is worth more than pick 7.

Port board on BFs reasoning for the club shopping him around is that he 'doesn't share the desire to win premierships' so while not at Stringer levels the comparison and caution some showed earlier may be apt. (post below goes into it)

Post Thanks / Like

Saw a post from the Port BF forum and I'm kinda glad that we didn't get him if it's true.

From the Port board...we may have dodged a bullet here...

Ok so here's the 4-1-1. I've had a number of PMs pleading for reasoning. So here goes.

He's the laziest player on the list bar none. He ****s around at training, is always the last to arrive and the first to leave. Never does extra sessions.

He fails to respond to contact from the high performance teams about his appalling body composition. In fact as we speak he is the only player not to check in with their composition this off-season despite repeated attempts at contact.

He locks himself away on Fortnite for away games, bringing his gaming gear with him and sits in his hotel room often alone.

The club have tried desperately to get him to lift his game and he has refused to respond.

He has no interest in achieving premiership success and he has no drive to succeed. A player in it for the lifestyle.

The club have lost patience, they don't want him. This was happening since day 1 of pre-season. His attitude absolutely stinks and his petulance on social media has driven a final wedge.

We've tried everything to accommodate him, and he's given us nothing.

The club understand he will likely succeed at another club but the factors for this will be things the PAFC cannot control.

The players themselves have run out of patience with him, he genuinely doesn't get on with Chad Cornes - reason being Chad has demanded more from him and driven him with the whip and Wingard can't take it.

The official reasoning - "We are here to win premierships, and Chad does not share that desire."

I am fully on the club's side here. It hurts, it burns. It aches. However you all agree you want a club with a spine, you've got one.

Chad Wingard has become damaging to the playing group.
    Would have been just replacing last years cancer with another one.

13. Thanks Dancin' Douggy, josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    When I think how poorly Crameri performed, I'm not disappointed we didn't get Hurley. Coming from a bad program.
    I think judging one player on how another player performed is ludicrous.

Hurley is a fine player.
    "It's over. It's all over."

15. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Saw a post from the Port BF forum and I'm kinda glad that we didn't get him if it's true.

Yeah nah miss me with that - no culture eats their own like SA footy does.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

17. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post

hahah. I wasn't going to say it for fear of looking like an old curmudgeon, but I hate sleeve tattoos and his general vibe.
    Sounds like package Mk II. Not thanks! I love dodging bullets.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    The hysteria on here is quite extraordinary.
    I just love how inflated opinion of players become in the trade period .
    Naughton will be a star as will Richards and funnily enough they were drafted in the first round .
    Hurley turned us down during 2016 and we somehow won the flag !
    Some of these so called “ destination clubs” are treading water just topping up .
    Whilst I agree with your general sentiment on high profile FA's being a little overrated, I am a massive Wingard fan and am shattered we couldn't get him over the line. He is top 10 in the comp on talent and has his best years ahead of him - would have been a fantastic get for the club for a number of reasons.

Can we do a 'Tom Boyd' and flip this on its ear? Maybe we can go to James Sicily's management and offer him a monster deal that the Hawks can't come close to matching. We will likely lose Adams so some quality key position defensive cover and good ball use out of D50 would be as welcome as Wingard's skill set.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Whilst I agree with your general sentiment on high profile FA's being a little overrated, I am a massive Wingard fan and am shattered we couldn't get him over the line. He is top 10 in the comp on talent and has his best years ahead of him - would have been a fantastic get for the club for a number of reasons.

Can we do a 'Tom Boyd' and flip this on its ear? Maybe we can go to James Sicily's management and offer him a monster deal that the Hawks can't come close to matching. We will likely lose Adams so some quality key position defensive cover and good ball use out of D50 would be as welcome as Wingard's skill set.
    If I get to chose who we target, can it be Lachie Whitfield from GWS??
    WOOF Member 422

21. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Truth be told..........I always prefer a 'cleanskin'. Keep the pick. Get ourselves a 'lifer'.