Thanks Thanks:  67
Likes Likes:  321
Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chad Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Chad Thread

It's kind of poor journalism/basic analytical skills to judge his performance based on goals then state he played more time in the midfield in the last two years. Shouldn't there be some sort of assessment of his midfield impact?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    It's kind of poor journalism/basic analytical skills to judge his performance based on goals then state he played more time in the midfield in the last two years. Shouldn't there be some sort of assessment of his midfield impact?
    Spot on, there has to be a drop off on the scoreboard when you are playing substantially more time in the middle
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Port's position with the salary cap could be very different to ours. I can understand why they might think 800K is a lot but I don't quite get why they would consider trading him.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting the tinge of it has our club as the background for the narrative in the article, and a subtle pointing out we have the strongest trade hand with pick 6. Leaving aside the points well made above.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Port's position with the salary cap could be very different to ours. I can understand why they might think 800K is a lot but I don't quite get why they would consider trading him.
    Because they don't think he's worth the money he might get elsewhere. So they can't also expect more than a pick 6/7 type deal either. Certainly not 2 1st round pick as the List Manager suggests.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

What the numbers tell us is that he’s a better small forward than he is a midfielder. (As per Toby Greene, Cyril Rioli, Robbie Grey.)

Being in a club with Robbie Grey, he’s been squeezed more into the midfield than he should be. Solution for all is for him to go to a club that desperately needs a medium-small forward. He’s more value outside or Port than he is inside Port. Dogs or Hawks are the right fit. We have the superior trade chips, so we’re the right fit.

Hawthorn are also drifting into Cats & Swans territory. A slow, albeit credible, decline into no mans land.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    What the numbers tell us is that he’s a better small forward than he is a midfielder. (As per Toby Greene, Cyril Rioli, Robbie Grey.)

Being in a club with Robbie Grey, he’s been squeezed more into the midfield than he should be. Solution for all is for him to go to a club that desperately needs a medium-small forward. He’s more value outside or Port than he is inside Port. Dogs or Hawks are the right fit. We have the superior trade chips, so we’re the right fit.

Hawthorn are also drifting into Cats & Swans territory. A slow, albeit credible, decline into no mans land.
    Good point I agree with the summation of those three teams and compared to us it’s a completely different demographic. Old and slowing or young and upcoming?
    Although Box Hill did win the VFL flag this year and that’s usually a good sign of things to come.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Because they don't think he's worth the money he might get elsewhere. So they can't also expect more than a pick 6/7 type deal either. Certainly not 2 1st round pick as the List Manager suggests.
    I agree, would a 1st and 2nd rounder be too much for him?

Post Thanks / Like

i think so
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Probably but i can see him attracting that type of currency. Port are in a decent position where they can extract overs for Chad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Probably but i can see him attracting that type of currency. Port are in a decent position where they can extract overs for Chad.
    Unless he nominates a destination. Chad holds the power.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I know he was quiet in the first half of the year and in the second half was a 20+ possession, goal per game midfielder.

If he's willing to play forward more he instantly becomes our best forward. If that allows Gowers to get off the leash a little, Schache to keep roaming etc. we might just cobble together something resembling a functioning forwardline.
    He can also run through the middle if he's struggling up forward which gives our mids a chop-out.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

13. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think many are acknowledging his form line isn't as strong as what it was 2 or 3 years earlier.
    Port don't seem willing to offer a long term deal at 800K plus whereas we might have that ability.

Would you consider a first and a second round pick for Wingard?
    At the moment, I'm comfortable with offering pick 6 and getting a third round back. If Port want more I'd listen, but I'm keen to get a second pick inside the first 30 odd this year so it might mean we have to add a future pick to the equation.

Post Thanks / Like

Foxsports seemingly making news off listening to other journo's and 'figures', but anyhoo:

" THREE-TIME premiership Hawk Terry Wallace believes star forward Chad Wingard is worth two first-round picks, should he wish to leave Port Adelaide.

Wingard could leave the Power at season’s end, despite having one year left on his contract.

The 25-year-old has been heavily linked to the Western Bulldogs — with his relationship with former Port teammate turned Bulldog Jackson Trengove a key sticking point — but Hawthorn is “definitely having a look as well”, according to Damian Barrett.

Wallace said Wingard, a two-time All-Australian, had “enormous” value, considering his age and talent."
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Good lord, Trengove's relationship with Wingard is the precise polar opposite of a "sticking point" you colossal morons.
    BORDERLINE FLYING