Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  102
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I have been a continuous member since 1974
    I look forward to your report from the closed training session. Hope you don't have to wait until 50 years to benefit.

2. Likes bornadog, josie, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Great initiative but I wonder if members who have already surpassed various milestone years still get the benefits or do they have to wait until they hit the next milestone?
    Does this apply to any type of membership - i.e. Bulldog AFL membership - or is it only club memberships?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Great initiative but I wonder if members who have already surpassed various milestone years still get the benefits or do they have to wait until they hit the next milestone?
    Continuous member since 81... I want that pin !

5. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I still have a way to go. 1 and 5 years milestones I've done my next one is 10 years. This is my 7th year as a Western Bulldogs member and I've been a supporter close to 20 years now since my early teenage years.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

7. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Could be a bit more generous in the Bulldogs Shop - a dollar for every year Member?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Good initiative, well overdue, but sadly lacking in incentive to remain loyal.

If I decide to drop my membership for a year there isn't lot at stake.
    I think I will survive without my $20 shop discount and my $100 social club upgrade, which I gladly pay for each year anyway.
    Not sure I can wait 50 years for that.

It should be a point system. The more years you are a member the more points you accumulate and you can choose to spend them anytime on different offerings from the club. ie 500 points for membership upgrade etc.
    Or you could choose to purchase a gift card to the shop, or donate back to the club.
    Need to be a little more creative I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Downgraded the membership this year. The away pass was pointless considering we give away 2 games to Ballarat and we get those as replacment games. It finally wore me down so I removed it. The 2 people beside me have thrown in the towel after 3 years so my son now takes one of their seats and I don't have to move from my great seats to get him a reserved membership.

Post Thanks / Like

You can be a member for 50 years and only get a $20 gift voucher, the same as a 30 year member??? Bahahahaha.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Is it a $20 voucher a year, for every year after 25 years?

Or a once off $20 voucher? (I.e. 80 cents a year, for every year of continuous membership?)

The club will still get my hard earned no matter what. But if this 'loyalty program' is a tweak of what we have and 80cents a year towards a voucher, it's pretty insulting (1.5 cents for every week of membership a year - fun fact - were not did hards and going to stay loyal for this 1.5 cents a week that will accumulate after 25 years). And why does a 10 year member get a patch, but 15 & 25 year members don't, but then 30+ year members do? Are we not professional enough to offer it to everyone, or are we not professional to check the graphic before sending it?

I'm torn between saying 'at least we are trying something' versus 'this is substantially suboptimal and we should try a lot harder'.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I believe we get a Bulldogs members scarf again for 2019?

I selected the cap this time round.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I don't care about monetary rewards. A patch to sew on a scarf would be fine for me. Any cost for the rewards program means less money for more important stuff - for example winning premiership. The best reward is winning games. Go Dogs!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

15. Likes Grantysghost, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing for 20 years is a bit strange
    Bring back the biff

17. Likes bulldogtragic, Grantysghost, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a first crack at it and it's commensurate with other loyalty programs as far as I'm aware. I'm a long term Victory member and it's not much different. I think more of the game day experiences as a one off, like being in the rooms, or standing in the guard when the players run out would maybe be more attractive. The lap of honour I don't think works. Good on the club for trying something. Just as an aside my mum is 50+ years and in her 80's. She may be the only living member that's seen two premierships live ! She was at both 54 and 2016. Was a great thrill sharing 2016 with her.

Post Thanks / Like

What a proud doggy family supporter history you have Grantysghost. Hope you have oodles of photos with your Mum on 1/10/16. Here’s hoping there’s a few more premierships in the offing you can share with your Mum.

Very much agree that shared events and memories are more valuable than memorabilia or money.

P.S. I too am a long term victory member. Keeps me kind of sane in off-season, especially when they do well which seems to be every other year. It is kind of funny to know a number of Victory fans follow many different afl clubs, so friends in summer and foes in winter.

20. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It's a first crack at it and it's commensurate with other loyalty programs as far as I'm aware. I'm a long term Victory member and it's not much different. I think more of the game day experiences as a one off, like being in the rooms, or standing in the guard when the players run out would maybe be more attractive. The lap of honour I don't think works. Good on the club for trying something. Just as an aside my mum is 50+ years and in her 80's. She may be the only living member that's seen two premierships live ! She was at both 54 and 2016. Was a great thrill sharing 2016 with her.
    That’s awesome!

22. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post