Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  102
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

Called the club up yesterday to confirm my membership for 2019 was paid so all good there. They said mine should come by mid December so before Christmas.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to give up my Social Club membership this year as I could no longer afford it and hardly used it. But yippee looks like the club is giving a free Social Club membership upgrade for 50+ year members.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James Cumming View Post
    I was going to give up my Social Club membership this year as I could no longer afford it and hardly used it. But yippee looks like the club is giving a free Social Club membership upgrade for 50+ year members.
    Sensational stuff JC. Congrats on your persistence and commitment.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic JC.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It's a first crack at it and it's commensurate with other loyalty programs as far as I'm aware. I'm a long term Victory member and it's not much different. I think more of the game day experiences as a one off, like being in the rooms, or standing in the guard when the players run out would maybe be more attractive. The lap of honour I don't think works. Good on the club for trying something. Just as an aside my mum is 50+ years and in her 80's. She may be the only living member that's seen two premierships live ! She was at both 54 and 2016. Was a great thrill sharing 2016 with her.
    Great stuff Grantysghost.

6. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes HOSE B ROMERO, strebla liked this post
    StanleyD Guest

Can't wait to see the people that sit around me again soon. Is anybody going to the AGM next week?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyD View Post
    Can't wait to see the people that sit around me again soon. Is anybody going to the AGM next week?
    I’m Level 1 Aisle 33 StanleyD. If your around there we may bump into each other next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Alright, so confession to make. I've never held a Bulldogs membership, and as much as I've been a supporter from as early as I can remember, and have gone to as many games as I can, i've never been in a proper financial position to buy a membership.
    That has changed.

For a first timer who's looking to make as many home games as possible and wants to be in the middle of the bulldogs fanatics, what membership would you guys recommend?
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

10. Likes Go_Dogs, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Alright, so confession to make. I've never held a Bulldogs membership, and as much as I've been a supporter from as early as I can remember, and have gone to as many games as I can, i've never been in a proper financial position to buy a membership.
    That has changed.

For a first timer who's looking to make as many home games as possible and wants to be in the middle of the bulldogs fanatics, what membership would you guys recommend?
    This will help you Vred

https://membership.westernbulldogs.c...lp-me-choose-0

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    That has changed.

There are plenty of options including cheer squad and social club memberships. If I were you I'd call the club because they would be the best option at helping you get what suits you best.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Got my membership confirmination email on Monday saying it’s been dispatched so about 7-14 days I should get it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James Cumming View Post
    That is so impressive mate. 50 years? Amazing commitment.

As an interstater, I finally took out a membership in 1994 (according to my membership card anyway). I keep up the social club thing purely for the GF - I don't get to do any of the game day stuff pretty much EVER. But in 2016 it was worth every single penny - was able to take 2 of the kids to the game (1 had to stay home, plus he is a Freo supporter in any case) without stressing about seats and such...

I have to admit, it is hard feeling like 'as much' of a supporter when you are forced to watch on tv each week rather than heading to the games...I was just lucky that my years living in Melbourne corresponded with the start of the Eade tenure so I got to see a lot more wins than losses in person. If I was there for the 'mastermind' years (or worse, the B-Mac scrimmage disaster years when our team played un-watchable footy) then it may very well have broken me!

That said, I have high hopes for the season ahead and really feel like I will be heading back to Melbourne next September for a game (or two!). It is supporters like yourself - 50 years a paid up member - who really deserve a club that is successful ON the field...I feel our team owes us a few years right now.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

15. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree - 50 years is huge.

Similar to mjp, I had a checkered membership history until I moved to Melbourne in 2013. I managed to make it over to quite a few (losing) finals during 08-10, and held an interstate membership during those years. My old boy got a full membership including social club in 2010 which was done with a view to getting me there if we made it. Not bad for a Crows fan...

Vred- I'm an AFL member which has its perks, but if it's just the Dogs you're interested in heading to agree with others who said call the club. AFL membership works well for me as I've got a number of mates here who also hold AFL memberships. It means I can go to a neutral game if we aren't playing and enjoy a couple of beers with friends.

I'm expecting a good year membership wise. Think we will start well and build momentum.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what our current 2019 membership tally is?

Post Thanks / Like

Got my membership pack yesterday. I like the Social club scarf and the bumper sticker is a good size not too big or small. Also signed up as an East West Bulldogs member as well at the East West day a few weeks ago. Now for us to have a great 2019. Go Dogs!