Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bullish about Boyd

Would you also have him grow 11cm?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Looking at Mason Cox. Boyd could do worse than imitate his ability to lead at the ball carrier, take the mark out in front to eliminate the opposition's chance to spoil.
    For a bloke the size of Cox, he is prepared to make multiple leads if the first one wasn't on. He must work hard on his fitness. His rise to AFL success is quite remarkable considering he's only played 44 AFL games and hardly anything else before that. Love him or hate him that's pretty good and you'd think he has more improvement in him.

I'd love to see Boyd progressing at the same rate as Cox. Boyd seems to get caught in a 1 on 1 wrestle more often than not which is easy to defend with the extra over the top. I agree, I'd love to see Boyd lead up at the ball like Cox.

In his defence, ruck duties haven't helped his forward craft. When he rests forward he's probably too tired for the multiple hard leads.

I hope English really comes a long next season so we can have Boyd and Schache up forward as our Kennedy/Darling combo.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    For a bloke the size of Cox, he is prepared to make multiple leads if the first one wasn't on. He must work hard on his fitness. His rise to AFL success is quite remarkable considering he's only played 44 AFL games and hardly anything else before that. Love him or hate him that's pretty good and you'd think he has more improvement in him.

I'd love to see Boyd progressing at the same rate as Cox. Boyd seems to get caught in a 1 on 1 wrestle more often than not which is easy to defend with the extra over the top. I agree, I'd love to see Boyd lead up at the ball like Cox.

In his defence, ruck duties haven't helped his forward craft. When he rests forward he's probably too tired for the multiple hard leads.

I hope English really comes a long next season so we can have Boyd and Schache up forward as our Kennedy/Darling combo.
    Who could hate Mason Cox?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Who could hate Mason Cox?
    He does play for Collingwood you know
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Cox is pretty driven and he's done really well to get to this point. Will be interesting to see how he goes next year but he could be a real weapon.

Not sure how driven Boyd is. He still has to prove this IMO. We know Boyd is capable, he delivered on two of the biggest stages ever (PF and GF) but does he want it enough to do it week in and week out?

Let's hope he can take big strides forward in 2019.

Post Thanks / Like

He does play for Collingwood you know
    I like Collingwood. I like them for a variety of reasons and also because they're not Carlton.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Cox also finishes off his work far better than Boyd does - he kicked 25.12 for the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Boyd doesnt have the clean hands that Cox does.
    The curse is dead.