Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  58
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Sam Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    According to Champion Data:

Perhaps he will spend more time on the wing than forward?

Champion Data analyses every club’s trade acquisitions and where they fit ahead of the 2019 season
    It might be a chance. I wonder if it's linked to how fit Dickson is? Can we play Gowers, Dickson and Lloyd in the forward line together?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

According to Champion Data:

Perhaps he will spend more time on the wing than forward?

Champion Data analyses every club’s trade acquisitions and where they fit ahead of the 2019 season
    Kind of sums up the problem with Champion Data right there.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

It's paywalled can someone post what they said about Duryea please and thank you? I'm not that stressed about the other clubs.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It's paywalled can someone post what they said about Duryea please and thank you? I'm not that stressed about the other clubs.
    Nothing about Duryea

WESTERN BULLDOGS

It was only seven matches at AFL level last season, but on average Sam Lloyd was the No.1 rated wingman in the competition and could work alongside Lachie Hunter nicely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Nothing about Duryea

WESTERN BULLDOGS

It was only seven matches at AFL level last season, but on average Sam Lloyd was the No.1 rated wingman in the competition and could work alongside Lachie Hunter nicely.

Cheers mate. So they haven't analysed "every club's trade acquisitions" at all. I know bugger all about Duryea and I wouldn't mind reading a bit about him and his strengths and weaknesses. But it seems whoever wrote the article doesn't know much about Duryea either. It's not a bad effort to only get halfway through the heading before they make their first error!

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/champion-data-analyses-every-clubs-trade-acquisitions-and-where-they-fit-ahead-of-the-2019-season/news-story/fb09c5ae061fb778e9a26b6709200469

Post Thanks / Like

It might be a chance. I wonder if it's linked to how fit Dickson is? Can we play Gowers, Dickson and Lloyd in the forward line together?
    I can see Lloyd playing a fair bit of time through the mid-field. In the last ~18 months he’s changed his shape and fitness level significantly and plays more of a mid-field role for the Richmond VFL side. Although a different player to Dahlhaus, I can see him playing a similar role as a mid-fwd.

My best mate is a mad keen Richmond follower and was sorry to see Sam leave and believes that he will be a very good pick up for us. It was only the Tigers having a very strong midfield and small forwards that was limiting him from being more than the 23rd player each week.

7. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Kind of sums up the problem with Champion Data right there.
    I remember people here saying the same thing when it said Collingwood had the strongest midfield in the comp. A year later (or two?) that call is looking pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

LLOYD REVEALS RICHMOND FRUSTRATIONS

New Western Bulldogs forward Sam Lloyd admits a lack of senior opportunities at Richmond was extremely frustrating.

Lloyd played seven games for the Tigers last year, averaging 17 disposals and kicking five goals for the season.

The 28-year-old joined the Bulldogs in the trade period, with the Tigers receiving pick 64 in return, after struggling to force his way in as a first-choice player in the yellow and black.

“To be honest, it was very frustrating at times last year,” Lloyd told SEN Breakfast.

“We had such a good group at the club and such good positivity around the place, it was hard to stay down for too long.

“I found it really tough at times when you were told you were playing really good footy, but they just can’t find a spot for you.

“We had a super side at Richmond last year and it was just one of those things where it was too hard to get in at times or replace a bloke like Trent Cotchin or Dion Prestia and then they came straight back into the side.”

Lloyd feels the biggest difference between the 2016 and 2017 premiers is the age and experience of the playing group.

“The biggest thing I’ve seen is the general age of the group from Richmond to the Bulldogs,” Lloyd said.

“I was probably around the middle of the pack at Richmond, and now well and truly one of the senior guys in terms of age.

“That’s probably the main difference I’ve seen.

“We’re a club that could really surprise people, there’s a lot of young talent, but there’s also a lot of premiership players around from 2016.”

10. Thanks bornadog, bulldogtragic, josie, Templeton31, Remi Moses thanked for this post
    Likes Twodogs, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We’re a club that could really surprise people, there’s a lot of young talent, but there’s also a lot of premiership players around from 2016.”
    He's saying the right things at least.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Richmond fans proving what numpties they are on social media .
    Bagging the bloke for saying he was frustrated for not gettting much of a chance

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Richmond fans proving what numpties they are on social media .
    Bagging the bloke for saying he was frustrated for not gettting much of a chance

They are scum, just like their football club. I am so looking forward to the natural order of things returning so we can get in with laughing and pointing at Richmond. That time is coming, it's not far off.

Hopefully halfway through this season when Lloyd is burning it up and Richmind are near the bottom they start to say "why on earth did we give him away?"

Post Thanks / Like

7 Games

10 Goals
    8 Behinds
    6 Goal Assists

Contributing over 2 goals game at the dogs. His running is still a little unrewarded. Picked up for a pick we weren't going to use. Good work by Power, and good on him for contributing despite a poor month for the team.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Likes Testekill, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    7 Games

10 Goals
    8 Behinds
    6 Goal Assists

Contributing over 2 goals game at the dogs. His running is still a little unrewarded. Picked up for a pick we weren't going to use. Good work by Power, and good on him for contributing despite a poor month for the team.
    For a noted goal kicker and one that is supposed to be accurate he just undid some of his good work with poor kicking but hopefully that was just nerves against his old club

Post Thanks / Like

For a noted goal kicker and one that is supposed to be accurate he just undid some of his good work with poor kicking but hopefully that was just nerves against his old club
    I was worried when he snapped around his body and hit the post. Go back and kick that one Sam!

He's been solid and I think he's going to be tough to dislodge now.

Post Thanks / Like

He had a 10 minute poor patch that really dropped his stocks, I will put it down to nerves because other than last night he has been a good pick up for us.