Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  58
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Sam Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    A bit of a quirk in Lloyd's stats, this is the now 15th time he's kicked 3 goals in an AFEL game. Having never kicked four. Surely it's just a matter of time before he gets to four or more.
    32 goals to date.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    32 goals to date.
    On target for 40. We’d surely have taken that at the start of the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I'd have taken 25 happily. He's massively exceeded expectations.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I'd have taken 25 happily. He's massively exceeded expectations.
    Yep. 12th on the competition goal tally, effectively as a DFA, is way over expectations. 32 & 10 Goal Assists (22 behinds), for a total of 42 goals from his involvement in 18 games is outstanding. He's ahead of Papley & Tippa this year, and they're going to demand a lot more than a nothing pick we weren't going to use.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. 12th on the competition goal tally, effectively as a DFA, is way over expectations. 32 & 10 Goal Assists (22 behinds), for a total of 42 goals from his involvement in 18 games is outstanding. He's ahead of Papley & Tippa this year, and they're going to demand a lot more than a nothing pick we weren't going to use.
    Yet, you want give him a ‘equal career best’ goal post

His highest tally for a season is 36, which he should beat this year.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Yet, you want give him a ‘equal career best’ goal post

His highest tally for a season is 36, which he should beat this year.
    Tough love! 15 times he's kicked 3. Needs to pull his finger out and get the 4th goal monkey off his back. With my tough love, he'll do that before the season is finished.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

That long goal today was glorious. I felt the contact of his boot on the ball vibrate through my seat, up my butt. Keep doing that and we could see a boost in crowds!

8. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    That long goal today was glorious. I felt the contact of his boot on the ball vibrate through my seat, up my butt. Keep doing that and we could see a boost in crowds!
    I don't have precise stats to back this up, but he's virtually dead eye from around 50m out. Dickson-esq like. Happy we've found a replacement for Dicko before he retires in a month (or so).

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have precise stats to back this up, but he's virtually dead eye from around 50m out. Dickson-esq like. Happy we've found a replacement for Dicko before he retires in a month (or so).
    Do you think Dicko will go. Played a good game today. Hasn't been that bad over the last month or so.
    He just needs a good run at body wise.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dickson finish his career down back in defense. He's spent some time cleaning up down there in the last couple of weeks and looked comfortable doing it. He's not exactly Usain Bolt but his footy smarts get him to the drop of the ball more often than not and he is pretty calm and collected with the ball in his hands.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

12. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be interesting to see how our recruiting pans out, if all goes well it could mean Dickson provides cover for an injured Lloyd next year or plays on merit. If we improve and think a run into the finals is a chance the depth and experience will be important.

I’m so happy for Lloyd, it’s great seeing natural footballers get a chance to show just how good they can be.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

In the last nearly three years he’s played 8 (11g), 9 (8g) & 14 (19g) games. Just 31 games of 62 possible games, 38 goals (1.25 down from career 1.6). Soon to be 32 yo. Noticeably slower, and not as clean. I think Father Time has caught up with him factoring in another preseason and a body showing fatigue. It happens to all the good ones eventually.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Dickson looked great today and worked unbelievably hard up and down the ground, but wasn’t there so I might be missing some aspects.

You might be right, but in my view having him fit and on the list next year might not be the worst insurance policy.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

16. Likes Ozza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I thought Dickson looked great today and worked unbelievably hard up and down the ground, but wasn’t there so I might be missing some aspects.

You might be right, but in my view having him fit and on the list next year might not be the worst insurance policy.
    He’s played some good footy at times this year, I don’t deny him that. But playing only 50% of games over nearly three years as a nearly 32 year old must be a concern. As is his slowing down a bit and cleanness, as well as output. Signs to me don’t easily persuade me that another year is the best option. I don’t say it with any satisfaction at all, it’s just how I see it.

18. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Funny you should say that, some people I was with at the game today said exactly the same thing.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.