Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  62
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Taylor Duryea

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    While it's not confirmed it should be completed shortly.

Duryea joins us and will add some experience and versatility to a young playing list.

I think he will mainly be a small defender for us and adds to the kicking skills for our defensive group.
    The redeeming feature is that with both Duryea and Lloyd we are getting two players from successful Clubs in Hawthorn and Richmond that have developed good cultures. Would prefer to see Duryea used up forward given the number of defenders we already have at our disposal.

Post Thanks / Like

Hawks supporting mate told me "difference between best and worst performances are too far apart and happen too frequently, enjoy the frustration of having him on your team."

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Taylor! Hope he works out for us. Will wait and see now.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Hawks supporting mate told me "difference between best and worst performances are too far apart and happen too frequently, enjoy the frustration of having him on your team."
    So just like Suckling then; Suckers did have a career best season this year prior to his injury so who knows how it'll go.

Post Thanks / Like

There was a highlights link posted up earlier in the thread.

Here’s one from the Hawks site following his 2017 re-signing at the end of 2017.

There’s a fair bit to like with his hardness and kicking if he can emulate this for us consistently. I hear he’s also a very good clubman.

For the price, and given Clay has retired and doubts on Liam’s return, it would seem an astute pick up.

Taylor Duryea Highlights

6. Thanks boydogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish him nothing but the best but it's really hard to get excited about this pick up.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

8. Likes DOG GOD, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    So just like Suckling then; Suckers did have a career best season this year prior to his injury so who knows how it'll go.
    A less attacking but better defensive version of Suckling would be my summation.

Post Thanks / Like

Can he be transformed into a small defensive forward? He seems to be ok at marking and he has a good kick on him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Can he be transformed into a small defensive forward? He seems to be ok at marking and he has a good kick on him.
    I think that is his preferred position but we probably won't play him there
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think that is his preferred position but we probably won't play him there
    Agree, so can he play inside mid with stints tagging? I would've felt better if I saw a hitout in his highlights, players need to be flexible.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

13. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's a perfect pick up if the plan was transitioning out Suckers as my weekly whipping boy, and replacing him with another inconsistent Hawthorn cast off.

Welcome, Taylor. Please don't take anything I say personally
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

He's got a kick like a mule - that alone places him ahead of a large portion of our current list.

Not a sexy trade but he is clearly an AFL standard player who adds to our depth at absolute worst (and at minimal cost). Sam Lloyd is also clearly AFL standard - 23rd best player on Richmond's list that just had an 18-4 season.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    He's got a kick like a mule - that alone places him ahead of a large portion of our current list.

Not a sexy trade but he is clearly an AFL standard player who adds to our depth at absolute worst (and at minimal cost). Sam Lloyd is also clearly AFL standard - 23rd best player on Richmond's list that just had an 18-4 season.
    Yeah I don't get the disdain around these two players. They are clearly better than a number on our list and best 22 or just outside.

Plus they both have skills that are weaknesses of ours. They won't win us the Premiership alone, but they're an upgrade on a number of our role players.

I'm satisfied enough with both of them coming in.
    "It's over. It's all over."

17. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Yeah I don't get the disdain around these two players. They are clearly better than a number on our list and best 22 or just outside.

Plus they both have skills that are weaknesses of ours. They won't win us the Premiership alone, but they're an upgrade on a number of our role players.

I'm satisfied enough with both of them coming in.
    I understand why people wanted more but this time 12 months ago there was speculation on how badly we did with Trengove and Crozier but a bit of optimism with Schache. Trengove might still have a lot of doubters but backs up a few positions for us and I think Crozier won a lot of people over.

Both Lloyd and Duryea have a bit to prove but they didn't cost us much and will get their chances.

We always want more during trade periods but we need to give these two some time to settle in
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose if Lloyd & Duryea mean less Honeychurch & Smith we'll be better served.

To what extent, let's see ...
    BORDERLINE FLYING

20. Likes boydogs, Topdog liked this post