Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  62
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Taylor Duryea

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Not a fan of this move. It improves our age bracket, not sure what else. Like always I'm happy to eat my words.
    At the very least it probably reduces the whole conversation on how young the playing list is after every loss but he's a good enough player. He might have to reinvent his playing style under Bevo but he should be open for the challenge.

Suckling won me over, Duryea should quickly settle in
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Lol. We can't win the youngest team, least games argument anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Hip Hip Duryea!!!

Not over the moon but he does make us better just through experience. He does have neat foot skills which EVERYONE on this forum has been screaming out for.

Like it or lump it he is now a Bulldog, he is one of us so let's get around him. #godogs
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Any contract details around?
    It's been reported as a 2 year deal, which he took as the Hawks were only offering him 1 year.

5. Thanks lemmon thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    It's been reported as a 2 year deal, which he took as the Hawks were only offering him 1 year.
    So did he come to us coz he WANTED to, or we were the only club in the AFL willing to give him his 2 years ?
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    So did he come to us coz he WANTED to, or we were the only club in the AFL willing to give him his 2 years ?
    Sydney had some interest, not sure if they made an offer.

Post Thanks / Like

We need to get around Duryea and welcome him to the club because clearly Bevo would have wanted him.

No pun intended but he has a great pedigree, 2 premierships and over 100 senior games of experience plus he is a great club man.
    It's not a signing that us going to get a lot of us excited but I'd prefer a player who comes to work each day than some of those distracted types we've seemed to have tolerated over the last 2 years.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We need to get around Duryea and welcome him to the club because clearly Bevo would have wanted him.

No pun intended but he has a great pedigree, 2 premierships and over 100 senior games of experience plus he is a great club man.
    It's not a signing that us going to get a lot of us excited but I'd prefer a player who comes to work each day than some of those distracted types we've seemed to have tolerated over the last 2 years.
    Exactly. I don’t recall being over the moon about Biggs and Hamling, either, but they turned out okay.
    We’ve given up virtually nothing for the bloke and I’m not sure how many better kicks than him we currently have on the list.

10. Likes josie, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay.

I mean, yea.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind it . It's not a huge need that he fills position wise, but he adds experience and will be in our top 5 users by foot. Hard to argue against adding him on the cheap, particularly with where we are at from a list transitioning perspective. I'm assuming he will add leadership to our group too.
    Last edited by Go_Dogs; 16-10-2018 at 06:32 PM. Reason: iPad typo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

I think I’m just disillusioned when I see what other clubs are doing and we’ve pretty much done 1 trade in over a week (lloyd was always coming to us). Lloyd I can understand coz our fwd line is rubbish, but duryea I’m not sure where he fits...we have way too many hbf, but that’s just my opinion. I’ll welcome any player to the dogs and cheer them on...I’ll get over my disappointment eventually lol.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t mind Duryea, he gives 100% and can tackle and kick. However, it’s concerning that in our search for experience we have to grab fringe players being phased out at other clubs. As a club we just don’t have any kind of allure right now which is what we all hoped might develop post-premiership.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

15. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Duryea will be fine.

Happy enough with a future 4th round pick.

Still would like us to target another player with experience and/or trade the Dahl compo - if this is used on West it’s a missed opportunity

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Dogs, cost nothing, tough as nails and nice kick.
    Better still my brother in-law a Hawk supporter upset as he rates him.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately this is what we need to get used to. We need to play moneyball as we won't be able to attract big names unless we sell the farm. Lloyd and Duryea will be in and out of the team. Just not sure at their age what they have to offer. Yep, very uninspiring.