Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating The Trade Period 2018

Our social media was openly talking about Wingard. That's not pissing into the wind at all.

It's a side point. But we put out first round currency and good money for the industry to see, and still couldnt organise a big name player in a brothel.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes DOG GOD, Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd rate it as uninspiring.
    If we had a long term plan we were working towards leading into this year's trade period, it did not seem well articulated. Wingard seemed an opportunistic attempt..which I feel we clumsily handled.
    On paper we look a less balanced team than we were going in. Furthermore we did not manage to leverage Adams into a better outcome. I'd have preferred to keep him given he still had 2 years.
    I'd be interested to see how bt assesses our current picks based on likeky bids for West and Khamis.
    Is 27 a waste still, now that we have 32?

Post Thanks / Like

I'll reserve judgement until all the pick swapping and draft is done. Ultimately we've gone heavy on the draft and traded in no one of real note so it'll depend on what kind of players we pick up and if we can use the F/S system to our advantage at all.

If 27 is used on West I'll be very frustrated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I'd rate it as uninspiring.
    If we had a long term plan we were working towards leading into this year's trade period, it did not seem well planned. Wingard seemed an opportunistic attempt..which I feel we clumsily handled.
    On paper we look a less balanced team than we were going in. Furthermore we did not manage to leverage Adams into a better outcome. I'd have preferred to keep him given he still had 2 years.
    I'd be interested to see how bt assesses our current picks based on likeky bids for West and Khamis.
    Is 27 a waste still, now that we have 32?
    West will suck up 27 most likely in its totality. If we are lucky that's where it stops. If West goes higher then 32 will slide down the order. But I think 32 will be a live pick assuming Khamis comes in later. I have to guess that Power took the offer to the recruiters and they like something around the mark. Like it enough to hand over Adams for them.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Let’s see how Lloyd and Dureya go. We’ve been pretty good at bringing in fringe players and getting value from them. Pity we did not get Wingard however nice to keep pick 7 and our 2019 first. Roughy looks spent and we did the right thing by him letting him play elsewhere. After draft night I think we will be smiling. I am fascinated about whether we keep Honey and Campbell. Hoping no for Honey, and if no mature VFL rucks better than Campbell possibly keep him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Let’s see how Lloyd and Dureya go. We’ve been pretty good at bringing in fringe players and getting value from them. Pity we did not get Wingard however nice to keep pick 7 and our 2019 first. Roughy looks spent and we did the right thing by him letting him play elsewhere. After draft night I think we will be smiling. I am fascinated about whether we keep Honey and Campbell. Hoping no for Honey, and if no mature VFL rucks better than Campbell possibly keep him.
    If honey remains on the list, I’m changing my E to an almighty F
    I will never see #16 the same!!

8. Likes josie, Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I'll reserve judgement until all the pick swapping and draft is done. Ultimately we've gone heavy on the draft and traded in no one of real note so it'll depend on what kind of players we pick up and if we can use the F/S system to our advantage at all.

If 27 is used on West I'll be very frustrated.
    Sydney are in the same boat as us. They almost own pick 30-40 to abuse the draft points system. We didn't do much of it for whatever reason.

If West goes at about 18, then 27 is wiped out.
    Pick 32 is used live.
    Say Khamis bids in at 35, then that wipes out or nearly wipes out 45 & 63.

At this stage, my bet from the draft analysis posted on here and media is:

Pick 7 - Maybe a King brother
    Pick 27 - West
    Pick 32 - Another kid
    Picks 45 & 63 - Khamis
    Pick 75 - Pass

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    If honey remains on the list, I’m changing my E to an almighty F
    Kind of with you on the sentiment. There must be some kid or state league player worth a punt in Honey's spot.

Post Thanks / Like

OK. I've had several seconds to think about it.
    And I posted something recently about my predictions/hopes so I'll stand by that.

Dalhaus out. good for list balance. Compensation? a little under, but not criminal.
    Adams out? good for list balance. Compensation? a little under, but not utterly criminal.
    Roughead out? This I really don't understand. for pick 75? I just think we're a better club, team, and place with Roughy around.
    This is me seriously questioning Beveridge's judgement. For the first time openly and publicly. I think this is wrong.

Missing out on Wingard, May and whoever else we may have been linked to? I don't care.

I'm happy to go to the draft with pick 7, and my prediction is that we will never regret it.

Hawks paid over for Wingard in the end.

Melbourne got a SWEET deal to get May and Kolij.......etc. But....... we really didn't need those types.

So............ really a very bland experience overall, but..........not the disaster some people are calling it.

And........on Marcus Adams, if you recorded the last game in Ballarat dogs v power, you might suddenly cheer up a bit about that trade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Sydney are in the same boat as us. They almost own pick 30-40 to abuse the draft points system. We didn't do much of it for whatever reason.

If West goes at about 18, then 27 is wiped out.
    Pick 32 is used live.
    Say Khamis bids in at 35, then that wipes out or nearly wipes out 45 & 63.

At this stage, my bet from the draft analysis posted on here and media is:

Pick 7 - Maybe a King brother
    Pick 27 - West
    Pick 32 - Another kid
    Picks 45 & 63 - Khamis
    Pick 75 - Pass
    It's not the worst outcome but... not inspiring either.

Post Thanks / Like

Power quoted as saying our aim was to improve our draft position during this period...

... I could have sworn the club was saying it’s object was to add experience to the list - not become younger - after our loss to Richmond.

So what are we doing? Rebuilding? 2 years after a flag with what was one of the youngest lists to win a premiership? Awesome.

14. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll rate it much higher once we sign Bont to a long term deal and get Libba re-contracted.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Power quoted as saying our aim was to improve our draft position during this period...

... I could have sworn the club was saying it’s object was to add experience to the list - not become younger - after our loss to Richmond.

So what are we doing? Rebuilding? 2 years after a flag with what was one of the youngest lists to win a premiership? Awesome.
    I think Bevo meant everyone would be a year older next year
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

17. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Made out like Bandits with the Adams deal, the future third was great for a bloke who struggles to get on the park.

Lloyd and Duryea add experience and hopefully a brilliant work ethic.

I give us a C, we have a good hand at the draft and can add some real talent.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

19. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Campbell hopefully we see him get more of a chance now next year. See what he can do. Just hasn't had enough games.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"