0 0%
  • Curtis Taylor

0 0%
  • Zac Butters

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your pick 7 prediction?

Yeah, it seems that the draft people are doing a lot more talking now with recruiters from clubs and getting a better idea of which players are more highly regarded by clubs than they are publicly and also getting a better idea who the clubs really like that are around the general mark for their pick.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Smith
    2. Rozee
    3. King
    4. Clark

Smith is obviously the best one that could be available.
    Rozee has looked damn fine and would also be an excellent choice.
    Reckon we might want King based on his versatility. I'm not necessarily enamored with him but he has qualities that Bevo would like.
    Clark is in a position where we have a ton of depth but he's also likely to be playing as an outside mid before too long.

3. Thanks Smads57 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just get the impression that Caldwell is firming as our selection at pick 7. I think it would be a hard decision not to select B.King or Smith but if they go beforehand I suspect it could be Caldwell before Rozee, Hately and Clark.

It's been a couple of weeks since this thread was started, has your opinion changed at all?
    Tough times don't last, tough people do
    "He'll accumulate and be involved, but we're looking a qualitative sheen on his game that we need, and it is part of our scope to score"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I just get the impression that Caldwell is firming as our selection at pick 7. I think it would be a hard decision not to select B.King or Smith but if they go beforehand I suspect it could be Caldwell before Rozee, Hately and Clark.

It's been a couple of weeks since this thread was started, has your opinion changed at all?
    If this is the case I think we need to be doing our best poker face and trying to swap out 7 for 8 and change. I think Caldwell gets to 8 without any issues.

Best case- 7 and 27 for 8 and 13
    More likely- 7 and 27 for 8 and 16/21

If we could get 16 that would likely sneak in before the West bid and that would be freaking amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

With our record with injuries, the thought of taking Caldwell at 7 terrifies me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    With our record with injuries, the thought of taking Caldwell at 7 terrifies me
    Why so?
    "He'll accumulate and be involved, but we're looking a qualitative sheen on his game that we need, and it is part of our scope to score"

Post Thanks / Like

Caldwell is probably the most genuine midfielder out of that group at this stage, so it doesn't make a huge amount of sense given we will also be selecting West. It would be a brave first up call for the new recruiting team, however if we think he's the best available happy to back the methodology in.
    #bemorebulldog

Men of Mayhem

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Caldwell is probably the most genuine midfielder out of that group at this stage, so it doesn't make a huge amount of sense given we will also be selecting West. It would be a brave first up call for the new recruiting team, however if we think he's the best available happy to back the methodology in.
    Caldwell would be the Dalrymple pick - he best fits the player who has been 'forgotten' due to injury OR was charging hardest at the end of the year...We don't really know what Power will do yet?
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

10. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Caldwell would be the Dalrymple pick - he best fits the player who has been 'forgotten' due to injury OR was charging hardest at the end of the year...We don't really know what Power will do yet?
    Yep, agree with that. Rozee fits the bill too after finishing the year strongly at senior level.

If we are getting West, and we have Libba back, I'm more worried about the second and third and fourth possessions outside the clearance. If we think Caldwell can do that well and become an effective outside player with his pace, I'm OK with it. If not I would prefer a more balanced approach and think Rozee can add a bit of what we don't have.
    #bemorebulldog

Men of Mayhem

12. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Why so?
    He’s had a myriad of injuries lately and in particular recurring hamstring problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    I'm not so sure it would be a brave call. We lacked a lot of midfield depth last year and the players we added through the trade period won't change that too much. Liberatore might take some time to get back into top gear and while West is a genuine mid he will probably need time to adjust was well.

I think if we miss King or Smith, Caldwell might make some sense. I like Rozee and Hately but just the gut feel is that Caldwell might be on Austin's radar.

15. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    He’s had a myriad of injuries lately and in particular recurring hamstring problems.
    Once an assessment is done it either raises some doubts or confirms it's not an issue. I'd back our medical staff to make the right decision in this instance. If we really want to be conservative we probably wouldn't consider Smith given he missed a bit footy as well and didn't test at the combine.