Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buckenara analyses Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Yep - dare I say it, he's been drinking the mjp bathwater

At least some of it made sense
    If you're going to steal you may as well steal from the best

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see some positivity in the media. A balanced article.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Buckenara analyses Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I feel I am owed a commission.
    I thought that you sandgropers all thought with the same brain anyway!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He has, although I disagree on Cordy - I feel he's been very good for us.
    I thought Cordy was very average this year, although he was pushed into playing a kPP role which didn't suit him. He is more a 3rd tall in the backline.

Overall, I totally agree with Buckenera, they have been my thoughts throughout the last two years.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I thought Cordy was very average this year, although he was pushed into playing a kPP role which didn't suit him. He is more a 3rd tall in the backline.

Overall, I totally agree with Buckenera, they have been my thoughts throughout the last two years.
    What part of Cordy's game weren't you happy with?

His contested defence loss percentage was 25% in 2018, exactly the same as Alex Rance.

He's never going to be an elite intercept marker or high possession winner, he just needs to defend. Like you say he should be playing on the third tall as much as possible as he doesn't have the size for the gorillas.

7. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

His contested defence loss percentage was 25% in 2018, exactly the same as Alex Rance.

He's never going to be an elite intercept marker or high possession winner, he just needs to defend. Like you say he should be playing on the third tall as much as possible as he doesn't have the size for the gorillas.
    I wonder if he just isnt tall or heavy enough to just be the brute defensively.

I view him as needing to continue to develop his intercept ability and his kicking - it may never be classical but it can be highly effective at distributing and getting us going again.

Post Thanks / Like

Just looking at his games overall for the year, he wasn't outstanding, that is why I used the term average. The reason I put forward is also in my post. I have my opinion, and others have theirs.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He has, although I disagree on Cordy - I feel he's been very good for us.
    Yeah I more in your camp on Zaine as well Mofra.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

If that one on one stat is true that is amazingly good, especially considering Cordy would spend a truck load more time on forwards than Rance would’ve!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Just looking at his games overall for the year, he wasn't outstanding, that is why I used the term average. The reason I put forward is also in my post. I have my opinion, and others have theirs.
    I was asking your opinion, not questioning it. I still am unclear what aspect of Cordys game you think was very average?

To me very average = poor, take out the very and the meaning changes somewhat.

Post Thanks / Like

I was asking your opinion, not questioning it. I still am unclear what aspect of Cordys you think was very average?

To me very average = poor, take out the very and the meaning changes somewhat.
    I thought he did his job, but was nothing outstanding. Hope that is clear.

He is not a KPP, but we had to play him as one due to circumstances. I don't believe he and Morris can play in the same team, but he is the ready replacement.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought he did his job, but was nothing outstanding. Hope that is clear.

He is not a KPP, but we had to play him as one due to circumstances. I don't believe he and Morris can play in the same team, but he is the ready replacement.
    As clear as mud!

What part of his game was average? Some examples might include his ability to defend, ability to get off his man, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    As clear as mud!

What part of his game was average? Some examples might include his ability to defend, ability to get off his man, etc.
    Can't be bothered, I am on holiday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Cordy aside, it's a balanced and positive view of our list.
    As BT mentioned, with some tweaks on our fitness and medical approach (it can't always be about bad luck) then I think we can put in a very competitive side each week but to me it all comes down to attitude and work ethic by this playing group.

Bevo can come up with a good game plan for us so it's all about getting this list fit and focused.
    Actually think there are a few positives not mentioned. Bevo is still a very young coach and we got another year of experience into him. He will continue to get better. Pretty excited about our list, especially Billy Gowers. If he keeps improving, going to be an absolute boss up in the forward line. I'm glad the article didn't delve too much into the 'party boy' issue.
    Kicking accuracy continues to haunt us. Will 2019 be the year we try to end this hoodoo?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

17. Likes bornadog, GVGjr liked this post