Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  106
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhylee West

Post Thanks / Like

Rhylee West

Just announced

Rhylee West a step closer to being a Bulldog after the club officially nominated him as a father-son - he says he's "ecstatic".

RHYLEE West is a step closer to joining the Western Bulldogs after the club officially nominated him as a father-son.

AFL.com.au has confirmed the AFL has approved the Dogs' paperwork nominating the son of Scott West as a possible father-son selection at next month's NAB AFL Draft.

The club will now wait to see where a bid comes for West before deciding whether to match it during the draft, with it expected to come somewhere late in the first round or early in the second round.

The Dogs' second pick is No.27, which could slide up several spots if a bid came around pick No.20.

West is a small and powerful midfielder who averaged 22 disposals at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships for Vic Metro.

His father, Scott, won seven best and fairests in an illustrious 324-game career with the Bulldogs.

"It's great to know they want me at the footy club, so it's very exciting," West told AFL.com.au.

"(The nomination) makes me ecstatic, as it gives me a chance to play at the highest level.

"I told them in a meeting recently I wanted to play at the Dogs, and I guess they were in a position to do that. It's very special."

The Dogs look set for a strong draft next month, sitting in a good position with their first pick (No.7 overall) set to land one of the leading talents in the pool.

Midfielders Jye Caldwell and Bailey Smith, plus the versatile Connor Rozee and key-position prospect Ben King could all come under consideration at that selection.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rhylee West

Yay.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Great news!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Yes! Rhylee West COME ON DOWN!!!!!!!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

The bottom part of that article is also interesting:

They also have access to Next Generation Academy player Buku Khamis, a sweeping half-back who could attract a bid in the third round of the draft.

There will be a smattering of father-sons nominated by clubs ahead of next week's October 31 deadline, including Bailey Scott at North Melbourne, Will Kelly at Collingwood and Oscar Brownless at Geelong.

However, the Lions are unlikely to nominate Casey Voss (the son of Michael) and James Rendell (son of Matt) for the national draft, and the same for Sydney with its father-son candidate Kyle Dunkley (son of Andrew).
    Sydney not interested - do we want another Dunkley?

7. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

I mentioned Kyle a couple of months back. I think he is either a last pick of the draft type selection or more likely a rookie list pick

I woudn't mind him as a rookie pick
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

9. Thanks Axe Man thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news. The club needs to pump these good news stories up hard from now until the rookie draft is over.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am excited about getting Rhylee into the club.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

He just does little things that other kids around him don't, like take two hits to release a teammate into space. Seems to be someone who isn't just good but is a good teammate to play with.
    Very agile in traffic, no surprise he did so well at the combine for agility.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

14. Thanks azabob, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news.

What's everyone thoughts on what the bid for him will be? What club? What Pick?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Great news.

What's everyone thoughts on what the bid for him will be? What club? What Pick?
    Expecting GWS with pick 19, wouldn't be surprised if it was a little earlier. With the 20% discount it's a bargain anyway.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

Heard mid-year from a Swans Academy Player that Kyle was considered a better player than Josh and that Syd would take him. Obviously things have changed.

18. Thanks bornadog, boydogs, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was following Rhylee's younger school footy results via Google, he and Kyle were often playing together. In the bests together often enough too. With that connection and understanding with West and his brother at the club, it would be a nice story if the club thought he was good enough to draft.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Great news. Looks like the mould of his old man with better leg speed.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see him play.

Yes for Dunkley as a late pick.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.