Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  106
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Rhylee West

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rhylee West

Do people here feel Wallis be a good rotation partner for him as a mid/fwd? I know it doesn't quite work that way in the modern AFL but mean it more as a loose concept.

Post Thanks / Like

If I was an AFL club I would steer clear of Rhylee West - his kicking is bad. He is only worth a third round pick.
    Footscray Football Republic.

3. Likes SquirrelGrip, Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Rhylee West

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    If I was an AFL club I would steer clear of Rhylee West - his kicking is bad. He is only worth a third round pick.
    Yep, he’s rubbish. If I was another club I’d not waste my time either. Rookie pick at best!!
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Yep, he’s rubbish. If I was another club I’d not waste my time either. Rookie pick at best!!

Barely worth a rookie pick if you ask me. If any club recruiters are reading this you should take our advice and steer clear of Rhlyee West. I've heard he likes to torture puppies.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

6. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As a highly respected AFL journalist, I'm considering running a story about just how poorly skilled Rhylee is (i mean his name is spelt wrong for goodness sake).

As a side note, I really hate it when a fellow journo publishes a story before me.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen 10min of Rhylee in action in a game for Vic Metro so it's a very small sample size, but in that time he:

* Turned out of trouble with very good awareness and evasive skills and delivered a 'no-look' handball to a team-mate in space.
    * Took an athletic overhead mark
    * Missed 2 targets by foot to open targets 20-25m away.

So I agree, his kicking is bad.

9. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If he is half as good as his Father than you would want to take him. We are desperate for midfielders that can win their own ball. Libba will make a high difference also if he can get back to anywhere near his best.

Post Thanks / Like

Scott West facing goals near 50m line looping a handball up in the air to a vacant space and Cooney at full speed running from behind him onto it and into open space for and easy goal. It was the sort of thing the Krakouer bros would do except better. If that's an inherited characteristic, bring it on!
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

From Cal Twomey's final Phantom Form Guide:

Where does he go? Headed to the Dogs as a father-son pick, most likely in the second round. The Demons have been linked as the club to possibly place a bid with their pick 23, where the Dogs are expected to match.

Post Thanks / Like

Will love a bid at 23

Post Thanks / Like

Given the way the phantom drafts are going at the moment, it's looking more and more likely that Blakey, Thomas and Quaynor will all be bid on before West. Likely means we'll end up with picks 29 and 34. Would also mean Melbourne drop down to pick 26, which is the absolute latest I can see a bid coming. Interestingly enough, 34 would be enough to cover a pick 26 bid, so if that specific scenario eventuates, it will be interesting to see if we try and make some sort of deal moving out 29 for something either next year or later this draft. Would all depend on who was left on our list of players and how likely they would be to make it to 34.

15. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes hujsh, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What happens if we dont need to use all the points from our next pick on West?

Say he gets nominated at pick 23 and we have to use pick 27. With the 20% discount, pick 23 is worth 652 point (815*0.8) and pick 27 is worth 703 points.

Do we bank the remaining 49 points, adding onto pick 32 to equal 633 points (584+49) and moving us up the order to pick 30 which is 629 points?

Or, do you lose surplus points - meaning we use all of pick 27 - and its only when there is a deficit that there is an impact on later picks?
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    What happens if we dont need to use all the points from our next pick on West?

Say he gets nominated at pick 23 and we have to use pick 27. With the 20% discount, pick 23 is worth 652 point (815*0.8) and pick 27 is worth 703 points.

Do we bank the remaining 49 points, adding onto pick 32 to equal 633 points (584+49) and moving us up the order to pick 30 which is 629 points?

Or, do you lose surplus points - meaning we use all of pick 27 - and its only when there is a deficit that there is an impact on later picks?
    In this example I think the points go to the back of the draft and pick 27 is moved forward to pick 23
    It will not change pick 32.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

18. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My personal feeling is that we lose surplus points when only using 1 pick to match a bid but I'm not 100% sure on this. So using 27 only to match a bid will mean we lose any surplus points but having to use 27 and 32 to match a bid will give us a pick back later depending on the number of surplus points.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    My personal feeling is that we lose surplus points when only using 1 pick to match a bid but I'm not 100% sure on this. So using 27 only to match a bid will mean we lose any surplus points but having to use 27 and 32 to match a bid will give us a pick back later depending on the number of surplus points.
    I think that is correct, thanks
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"