Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  106
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Rhylee West

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rhylee West

Was about to ask the question when F/S and Academy pre-selections needed to be made and this thread comes along in a timely manner...great news. Can still remember his dad kicking 6 goals against Essendon at WO and running around in number 14. Suspect Rhylee might try for that jumper if he gets the chance.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

I just had a look at the vision within the link again. He looks awesome, the play at about 55 seconds from the back pocket where he holds the footy under high pressure shrugging a couple of tackles, and then quickly changing direction to hit a target moving away from him is excellent.

I know it's a highlights package, but the kid can seriously play. Seriously. He seems to have plenty of hurt factor in congestion too - just possibly not the sexy type more evident in open play.

We are getting a bargain.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

An absolute steal for us .

Post Thanks / Like

Great news.

On Dunkley, every year we've drafted a Dunkley, we've won a flag. By this logic, we should absolutely draft him.

6. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Give Rhylee #6 so he can brag to his dad that despite his million B&Fs, that he's already got a higher jumper number than him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Give Rhylee #6 so he can brag to his dad that despite his million B&Fs, that he's already got a higher jumper number than him.
    That would suggest he should start off with #13
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That would suggest he should start off with #13
    Does it? I think it suggests he should start off with 6 as Scott West ended his career in #7 not #14.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

10. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks good in traffic but i do worry how those looping kicks will translate to AFL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Great news. Looks like the mould of his old man with better leg speed.
    Spitting image also; I saw a picture of him the other day and he looks exactly like him in the face.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: Rhylee West

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Does it? I think it suggests he should start off with 6 as Scott West ended his career in #7 not #14.
    Yeah but I'm really bad at counting. You didn't think of that, did you? Bwahahahaha!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

14. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Expecting GWS with pick 19, wouldn't be surprised if it was a little earlier. With the 20% discount it's a bargain anyway.
    Can someone remind me how these Father and Son picks work? Happy to hear we are getting a bargain, and a player who loves us!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

16. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Can someone remind me how these Father and Son picks work? Happy to hear we are getting a bargain, and a player who loves us!
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father–son_rule
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

18. Thanks Ghost Dog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The inevitable comparisons with his old man hold true but I reckon there's a bit of Sam Mitchell about his game and distribution style as well, perhaps with a shade less silk at this early point.

His guile, patience and vision in close augurs very very well for our more outside blokes.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

20. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Eastie! You need to stop trusting wikipedia as a go to source for knowledge, especially when the page references Ayce Cordy as an example of how the system works!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

22. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Oh Eastie! You need to stop trusting wikipedia as a go to source for knowledge, especially when the page references Ayce Cordy as an example of how the system works!
    Wiki more accurate nowadays but still has some discrepancies.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

24. Thanks The Adelaide Connection thanked for this post