Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  106
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Rhylee West

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rhylee West

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Oh Eastie! You need to stop trusting wikipedia as a go to source for knowledge, especially when the page references Ayce Cordy as an example of how the system works!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Wiki more accurate nowadays but still has some discrepancies.
    Eastie, check out what Stephen Colbert and his viewers did with Wiki years ago... It's on Wikipedia I'm sure.

On second thought, I'm off to purchase a fall out bunker, lots of cans of beans and shot guns now Wiki has taken control. Thanks woofers, I love youse all, but the time has come to live underground.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    Heard mid-year from a Swans Academy Player that Kyle was considered a better player than Josh and that Syd would take him. Obviously things have changed.
    Josh was captain of the AFL Academy team...not sure Kyle was showing as much as that...

Still mystified why the Swans wanted Mills > Dunkley. Didn't make sense then. Makes less sense now.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Josh was captain of the AFL Academy team...not sure Kyle was showing as much as that...

Still mystified why the Swans wanted Mills > Dunkley. Didn't make sense then. Makes less sense now.
    but but Mills was a rising star ����. ( over Caleb mind you )
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    but but Mills was a rising star ����. ( over Caleb mind you )
    Mills is fine I guess. I am just letting my prejudice show through as I have never been a fan.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Mills is fine I guess. I am just letting my prejudice show through as I have never been a fan.
    He’s a neat player, is Mills. Prone to a costly and ill considered moment too often but he may grow out of that.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Does Kyle play like Josh

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Caleb should have won the rising star as he was consistent for the whole year and played most games.

Mills only played about 6 games and journos were fawning over him. I don;t think he has gone on with it and I also prefer Dunkley.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Caleb should have won the rising star as he was consistent for the whole year and played most games.

Mills only played about 6 games and journos were fawning over him. I don;t think he has gone on with it and I also prefer Dunkley.
    Also thought he was a bit stiff. The NAB is always a bit of a popularity contest. Having nice hair seems to help. IIRC was it McCrae who did really well in his first year and seemed to take forever to get a nomination.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Do you mean that he only played 6 GOOD games? Because Mills did play 22 games in 2016, whereas Daniel was coming off having played the max. 10 the previous year to still be eligible.

11. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs prospect believes he can cover Dahlhaus role

IF Rhylee West gets to the Western Bulldogs as expected, the father-son prospect believes he can fill the pressure forward role left vacant by Luke Dahlhaus' departure to Geelong.

As revealed by AFL.com.au, the son of seven-time best and fairest and five-time All Australian Scott West has been nominated by Bulldogs, and they will match a rival club's bid expected somewhere late in the first round of November's NAB AFL Draft.

After trading away this year's second-round selection for Josh Schache in the 2017 Trade Period, coincidentally it's the pick the Dogs received as compensation for losing free agent Dahlhaus - currently pick No.28 overall - that West is likely to cost on draft night.

A standout inside midfielder with the Calder Cannons and Vic Metro this season, West told AFL.com.au he feels ready to test himself at the highest level.

"Most draftees don't play in their preferred position straight away, so definitely playing as that pressure forward is a role I could definitely play early days," West said.

"I like to think I'm ready to play senior footy because I've got a bit of size on me and I can put that up against the bigger bodies.

"The pre-season will also help my endurance and put a bit more meat on me, so I should be raring to go.

"The great midfielders like (Patrick) Dangerfield and (Dustin) Martin both push forward because you can't play one position these days."

While he has the physical attributes to help make the transition from junior football to the AFL, West is well aware he needs to improve his kicking if he wants to play regular senior football at a club that doesn't have an overabundance of players who are a reliable kick.

The 17-year-old finished the TAC Cup season with a disposal efficiency of just 56 per cent, but in an encouraging sign his effectiveness increased with the lift in standard at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, finishing the carnival as an All Australian that averaged 22 disposals at 69 per cent efficiency.

The apple hasn't fallen too far from the tree, with West inheriting his dad's creative hands and vision, but the pair have been fine-tuning his ability to hit the target by foot.

While his kicking is a work in progress, fatherly advice regularly hits the mark.

"Everyone has a knock on them and kicking is the one I've got, but I've been working really hard on it with Dad and at training, so I've given myself every opportunity to improve it," West said.
    "Dad's someone I can bounce any questions off because he watches all the levels of footy I play.

"He's been an assistant at AFL level and coached in the VFL, so he's good at critiquing my games and being that coach at home.

"I'm not a kid that gets feedback and cracks the sooks, whether it's a spray at half-time or a quiet word after the game, I'll take it on board.”

13. Thanks bulldogtragic, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just fell a little more in love with him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds switched on.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

17. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Would be great to get Rhylee.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Dahl's are pretty decent shoes to fill and there will be a few players putting their hands up to fill them, so he's either getting ahead of himself or brimming with confidence that he is the one to fill them. I like the latter and if he's anything like his old man, within a couple years he will have out grown those shoes and we'll be saying Dahlhaus who. Well until we watch the gf replay that is

After watching Rhylee's impressive highlight reel I'm quite excited about him. He moves like his dad and also has that vision and quick hands that was his dad's trademark. He looks quicker and very agile. I like that he can kick goals too.

Hopefully we get him for a steal but I get the feeling some club will bid on him knowing we'll match it and use whatever points it takes to get him.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Dahl's are pretty decent shoes to fill and there will be a few players putting their hands up to fill them, so he's either getting ahead of himself or brimming with confidence that he is the one to fill them. I like the latter and if he's anything like his old man, within a couple years he will have out grown those shoes and we'll be saying Dahlhaus who. Well until we watch the gf replay that is

After watching Rhylee's impressive highlight reel I'm quite excited about him. He moves like his dad and also has that vision and quick hands that was his dad's trademark. He looks quicker and very agile. I like that he can kick goals too.

Hopefully we get him for a steal but I get the feeling some club will bid on him knowing we'll match it and use whatever points it takes to get him.
    I wonder if the club has a ceiling on Rhylee - i.e. anything lower than pick 15 and we pass. Don’t think anyone is expecting top 10, so pick 7 safe, but interested in others thoughts on him being a pick 10-15 and us potentially needing to use points from 27 and 32 which might be deemed worse outcome for the club that 2 extra players at those picks.

Guess I’m wondering how much the FS actually means inside a footy club.

Kid looks like he has his head screwed on and the hallmarks of a really good player one day.