Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  106
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Rhylee West

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rhylee West

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    My personal feeling is that we lose surplus points when only using 1 pick to match a bid but I'm not 100% sure on this. So using 27 only to match a bid will mean we lose any surplus points but having to use 27 and 32 to match a bid will give us a pick back later depending on the number of surplus points.
    This seems to suggest you are right - example 1. Contrast with examples 2 & 3 where multiple picks are used and excess points move the position of the last pick back

https://www.theroar.com.au/2016/11/0...ll-get-bid-on/
    Last edited by boydogs; 17-11-2018 at 11:04 PM.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

2. Thanks AshMac thanked for this post
    Likes divvydan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's ridiculous tgat people who live from draft to draft like us can't be sure of what the rules are with this amount of time left until the draft.

The AFEL are just making most of it up as they go along.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's been confirmed that Rhylee West did not receive an invite to the first round invitees for Thursday night, I think that means unless things go pear shaped for a club he won't be picked until the 2nd round.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think it's been confirmed that Rhylee West did not receive an invite to the first round invitees for Thursday night, I think that means unless things go pear shaped for a club he won't be picked until the 2nd round.
    I find it rather surprising that it is known at this point who the top ~21 selections will be. That is, that Rhylee is already known by HQ not to be one of those.

I wonder if it's guess work or if Clubs are asked to submit their selections for round one in a worst case scenario for them.

Great news for us if it is known that he has slipped beyond the first round. This might mean we can work to move pick 27 into the first round with live trading.

Post Thanks / Like

Bit of a nothing article about Rhylee (any chance we can change the ridiculous spelling of his name?). Mentions Cordy but forgets about Mark Hunter who played with West, Wallis and Libba as well. What is interesting is Khamis finishing last in the time trial. I hope we told him to run slowly rather than him just having a really poor tank!

Rhylee West, another son of a famous Bulldog, set to land at Whitten Oval

SCOTT West teared up as his son Rhylee ran on to Whitten Oval for Western Bulldogs’ training this year, and now the teenager will complete a midfield throwback to the 1990s.

The Bulldogs will match a father-son bid for West, linking him up with Tom Liberatore and Mitch Wallis 23 years after their famous fathers last played together.

Scott West, Tony Liberatore and Steve Wallis played 53 games together from 1993-96, while Brian Cordy’s son, Zaine, played in the 2016 premiership and is also on the list.

“Everyone tells me how similar we play,” West said.

“It would be pretty special to share the colours that my dad played in and even share that with Wally and Libba.

“Dad told me even when I ran out with them in pre-season training, which was nothing really, he shed a little tear.”

Seven-time best-and-fairest Scott West also played 28 games with Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge in the early 1990s.

The Bulldogs are also likely to match a bid for South Sudanese academy prospect Buku Khamis, who moved to Australia as a refugee in 2006.

Khamis came last in the 2km time-trial at the draft combine and is not expected to attract an early bid.

Hawthorn, West Coast and Melbourne interviewed the 189cm marking target at the draft combine and his Western Jets coach, Torin Baker, has since joined the Hawks.

The Dogs have been linked to Footscray best-and-fairest winner Will Hayes, 23.

The 181cm midfielder is the son of Hall of Fame racehorse trainer David Hayes.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully the Hawks are the most serious. Their first pick at this stage is 53. Happy to match that.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Hopefully the Hawks are the most serious. Their first pick at this stage is 53. Happy to match that.
    It'll be Melbourne. They see him as another Viney so will bid with their first pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    It'll be Melbourne. They see him as another Viney so will bid with their first pick.
    And that is fair enough.

We will land West for a fair value
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    My bad, i was talking about Khamis without letting anyone else know it...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

So does our next pick cover Rhylee if there is a bid before hand?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    So does our next pick cover Rhylee if there is a bid before hand?
    Yes.

Pick 23: 815 points - 197 points = 618 points to match

Pick 30: 629 points

We’ve had a good night.

14. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, next pick is #23 which is worth 815 points. After the 197pt discount, that leaves 618pts that we need to match. Pick 30 is worth 629 so it'll be enough.

16. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rhylee West is a Bulldog!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful news

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard little Scooter!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

20. Likes ratsmac liked this post