Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  17
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2019 Fixture

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 Fixture

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Only two things frustrate me about the fixture and they both relate to Essendon - them getting Good Friday and them getting 8 primetime slots for finishing outside the 8.

How does the AFL justify rewarding a cheating, scumbag of a club who were prepared to put lives in jeopardy to win? Going over old ground I know but FFS, their punishment was for 1 season in which at the end of it they received PICK 1! Then along came this sickening story of a 'remarkable comeback'.

I *!*!*!*!ing hate that club and how easily they got out of that saga AND now are being rewarded and for what - finishing outside the 8?
    I cannot LIKE this post enough. Sickening indeed. I always thought the most fitting punishment for their cheating would be for them to lose their blockbuster games. The spirit of the Anzacs hardly fits with the sordid tale of fridges filled with syringes and unknown potions being tried on guinea pig players. Let’s hope they embarrass themselves on each and every occasion.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

2. Likes S Coast Simon, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only two things frustrate me about the fixture and they both relate to Essendon - them getting Good Friday and them getting 8 primetime slots for finishing outside the 8.

How does the AFL justify rewarding a cheating, scumbag of a club who were prepared to put lives in jeopardy to win? Going over old ground I know but FFS, their punishment was for 1 season in which at the end of it they received PICK 1! Then along came this sickening story of a 'remarkable comeback'.

I *!*!*!*!ing hate that club and how easily they got out of that saga AND now are being rewarded and for what - finishing outside the 8?
    Haven't you heard it was all Dank and none of the coaches were involved and also other clubs also did offsite injections and WADA is corrupt but also so is CAS and also so is the Swiss court and the AFL just wanted to fine Essendon for the money even though they probably lost more over the next year?

^^^Essentially the arguments I've had with a bloody Geelong supporter of all things.

Post Thanks / Like

Along with the other cheats (Carlton), my most hated clubs.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

https://membership.westernbulldogs.c...cement-games-2

Blockbuster replacement games for Western Bulldogs access members

Western Bulldogs members are set for an exciting year in 2019, with access to two big blockbuster replacement games. With the Western Bulldogs playing two of its allocated 11 home games in Ballarat this year, access members who are unable to attend those matches will be able to go to the two allocated replacement games in Melbourne.

Replacement game details:

Round 4

Collingwood, MCG

7:50pm Friday 12 April 2019

Round 21

Essendon, Marvel Stadium

7:25pm Saturday 10 August

General admission entry is always subject to capacity and may not be guaranteed should the stadium, advise capacity has been reached.

Member access

• Both 2019 home and home & away access members will be able to gain entry to general admission areas available at the above matches.

• Reserved seat holders will not have access to a reserved seat at these games but can access general admission areas.

• Members can upgrade from general admission to a reserved seat for these matches when tickets go on-sale in 2019 and replacement matches are announced. You will be required to enter your 12 digit barcode to access the discounted member prices.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

6. Thanks GVGjr, bornadog, Mofra thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Given the ridiculous fill-out Essendon get when they have home games at Docklands I can't help but feel short changed by this. If Essendon are having a half decent season our members will have little to no access to this game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Given the ridiculous fill-out Essendon get when they have home games at Docklands I can't help but feel short changed by this. If Essendon are having a half decent season our members will have little to no access to this game.
    If it wan't a replacement game we would likely have to purchase a full priced reserve seat. This way we can purchase a cheaper reserved seat if we want.

Anyway the games they are replacing are in Ballarat and not China, it's not all that difficult for most members in Melbourne to attend Ballarat games. I travel the same distance to attend any game in Melbourne.