Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  17
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Fixture

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 Fixture

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    A single prime time Thursday or Friday night slot for us. One?

Bombers miss finals. They are rewarded with Four Friday nights. Two Thursday nights. Good Friday. Anzac Day. Dreamtime Game. It's a f@#$%^ disgrace.
    In a comparison, it's bullshit for sure. But stand our claim on its own, we had numerous 'no goal' quarters and 'no goal' halves of footy this year. In an ugly looking year where we pretty much beat other poor teams. That makes it hard to select us unfortunately. That said, Carlton & Essendon don't get held to them standard.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

It is what it is. We were given quite a few prime time games last season and we embarrassed ourselves on National TV on nearly every occasion. Sunday time slot suits me personally so not really upset. I've lost so much interest in the AFL as a whole to even care who gets the leg up and who doesn't with fixturing.

Post Thanks / Like

Fixture Analysis - link

Marvel Stadium

• Play 12 matches at the venue (same number as in 2018), including nine home games.
    • Play six Victorian teams as home games at the venue – Carlton, Richmond, North Melbourne, Collingwood, Geelong, Melbourne.
    • Play three non-Victorian teams at the venue - Gold Coast, Sydney and Fremantle.

Ballarat

• Two home games at Mars Stadium against the Brisbane Lions (Round 8) and Adelaide Crows (Round 23).

MCG

• Two away games at the venue in 2019 (same number as in 2018), against Hawthorn in Round 2 and Collingwood in Round 4.

Interstate

• Travel interstate five times in 2019 (the same number as 2018, and less than the league average).
    • Interstate trips to Perth (Round 6 v Fremantle and Round 11 v West Coast), Adelaide (Round 15 v Port Adelaide), Brisbane (Round 20) and Sydney (Round 22 v GWS).

Other fixture facts

• Host the season opener against Sydney to launch the recently renamed Marvel Stadium.
    • First five games of the season in Melbourne (three at Marvel Stadium and two at the MCG).
    • Play once: Richmond, GWS Giants, Adelaide, Sydney, Essendon, St Kilda, Hawthorn, Gold Coast Suns, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, West Coast.
    • Play twice: Collingwood, Geelong, Fremantle, Brisbane, Carlton.
    • Play only one of the 2018 top six twice in 2019 (Collingwood).
    • Only one Friday night game (down from four in 2018) – an away fixture against Collingwood in Round 4.
    • Have a bye in Round 12 (weekend of June 8-9), following the Round 11 trip to Perth to play the Eagles.
    • Six out of seven games at Marvel Stadium directly after the bye round.
    • Last home match is Round 23 v Adelaide in Ballarat.
    • Last game at Marvel Stadium is Round 21 (v Essendon).
    • Two interstate trips in the last four rounds of the season.

Timeslots*

• 0 Thursday night games (1 in 2018)
    • 1 Friday night game (4 in 2018)
    • 2 Saturday afternoon game (3 in 2018)
    • 1 Saturday twilight game (2 in 2018)
    • 7 Saturday night games (5 in 2018)
    • 7 Sunday afternoon games (7 in 2018)
    • 3 Sunday twilight games (0 in 2018)

Network coverage*

• Channel 7 – 10 games (11 in 2018)
    • Fox Footy – 11 games (11 in 2018)

*Note: The Round 23 home-and-away fixture for 2019 is a floating one, with date, time and broadcaster to be confirmed late in the season.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Those red and black pieces of shit have absolutely nowhere to hide next year. This could explode in theirs and the AFL’s faces - they are no guarantees whatsoever to even make finals in 2019. Who is going to make way currently in the top 8? All of Adelaide, Norf and Port could easily jump ahead of them as well. Even we could with a decent injury run.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

7 Sunday games 3.20 or later

6. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    7 Sunday games 3.20 or later
    Back to our natural environment...... 'twas a good ride. Seven Etihad home games makes our memberships a little less valuable considering you have to pay to get into Ballarat. The last game there in round 19 too not a big fan of although better than last season. It's a draw that could see us push for the eight again that's for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Back to our natural environment...... 'twas a good ride. Seven Etihad home games makes our memberships a little less valuable considering you have to pay to get into Ballarat. The last game there in round 19 too not a big fan of although better than last season. It's a draw that could see us push for the eight again that's for sure.
    Nine home games at Marvel.

12 altogether at Marvel - we need to win every one of them

10. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Nine home games at Marvel.

12 altogether at Marvel - we need to win every one of them
    Apologies I took two from the 9 instead of the 11. Right you are, though still think it dilutes it slightly really should get into Ballarat for free. I don't mind going there however members shouldn't have to pay. Yes fair call we have to win a fair chunk of them. Our form there recently hasn't been great. (Or anywhere !)
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 01-11-2018 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Went early

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Apologies I took two from the 9 instead of the 11. Right you are, though still think it dilutes it slightly really should get into Ballarat for free. I don't mind going there however members shouldn't have to pay. Yes fair call we have to win a fair chunk of them. Our form there recently hasn't been great. (Or anywhere !)
    This. We shouldn't have to pay extra, especially those with a reserved seat who lose it and pay the same price. They need to - the equivalent of 2 reserved seat games on the membership total if they continue to go there. I'm not afraid to say it, I hate it. I see no value in it long term and think it's a complete waste of time.

13. Likes Max469, Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So the trade off for next to no marquee games appears to be a comparatively cushy draw.

Let's see if we can capitalise.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If I were a Wet Toast supporter, I'd be pretty peeved. Win a Grand Final and your team gets showcased 4 times !!

Same thing happened to us in 2017, but we don't have 60,000 members.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Would have liked more Saturday afternoon games personally but happy with the Saturday night games and Sunday afternoon games. 1 Friday night game is dissapointing and not having a marquee game but if all goes right some of our players pick up form no injuries we are a chance to play finals.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Agree wholeheartedly. Cheat, lie, endanger health of young folk and ...drum roll.....rewarded with prime time and blockbuster slots. Hope they have a truly rotten year. Cannot decide if they or Great Waste of Space are more worthy of my wrath. $ is all the AFL cares about, that and looking after the (quite a number of) ugly behemoths the AFL creates or allows to prosper year in year out.

Our fixture not bad from perspective of every opportunity to make finals.Go Dogs!!
    They pull crowds and TV viewers. Its pretty simple. What we can hope for is that the Bombers have a season similar to last year, but play horrible footy that turns people away.

Post Thanks / Like

Only two things frustrate me about the fixture and they both relate to Essendon - them getting Good Friday and them getting 8 primetime slots for finishing outside the 8.

How does the AFL justify rewarding a cheating, scumbag of a club who were prepared to put lives in jeopardy to win? Going over old ground I know but FFS, their punishment was for 1 season in which at the end of it they received PICK 1! Then along came this sickening story of a 'remarkable comeback'.

I *!*!*!*!ing hate that club and how easily they got out of that saga AND now are being rewarded and for what - finishing outside the 8?

19. Likes Sedat liked this post