Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

“It’s a really great vibe”: Lloyd

link

A young list full of potential was one of the key factors in Sam Lloyd’s decision to join the Western Bulldogs.

Lloyd arrived at the Bulldogs via a trade with Richmond in October. He said while his time with the Tigers was enjoyable, the Bulldogs provided an opportunity for a fresh start in his career.

The 28-year old was a spectator in the Dogs’ narrow lost to Richmond in Round 23 last season, and was instantly impressed by the potential of the young side.

“I was really impressed by the game style, the way they played,” Lloyd told westernbulldogs.com.au.

“Seeing how young the Bulldogs are and how much potential is in the team is exciting.”

Lloyd played 57 games and kicked 69 goals for the Tigers, after being selected with pick 66 in the 2013 National Draft.

It was his versatility to play up forward and through the middle of the ground that appealed most to the Bulldogs.

“I obviously started my career up forward and played most of my footy there,” he said.

“Over the past couple of years at Richmond I moved into the midfield which I really enjoyed.”

“I’m probably a forward at heart, I guess. I’m probably looking to play a bit forward and then pinch hitting in the middle when they need me.

“(But) we’ll start in a couple of weeks and that could change.”

Lloyd went to Geelong Grammar with Dogs’ skipper Easton Wood and said he already felt at home at VU Whitten Oval.

“They’re fantastic blokes, really laid back. I can just tell it’s a really great vibe here already,” he said.
    “It’s been really impressive how easy going and approachable everyone has been.

“I don’t start for another couple of weeks but I’m really excited and I know that everyone will make me feel comfortable.

“I’m looking forward to getting underway.”
    Last edited by bornadog; 04-11-2018 at 05:43 PM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks ratsmac, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: “It’s a really great vibe”: Lloyd

Great he knows Wood through school, hopefully he settles in and is good for us.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Hoping he comes in and really fires for us in that forward line.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

That pale blue is horrible
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like one of Chandler Byng's sweater-vests.