Thanks Thanks:  169
Likes Likes:  210
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Preseason Training - 2019

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Jong cannot be stopped!!!
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

What group are Williams and Richards training with?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Big year for Jongy, the midfield has more depth with spots at a premium. It's his first full preseason after a knee I'd love for him to become a best 22 lock. Still remember the West Coast final after being emotional on the bench he still had a massive smile on his face while singing the song after the game. It speaks volumes to me, he is one player I'd love to see get a bit of luck, the game owes him little.

Post Thanks / Like

Lipinski has certainly put in some work on his physical development as has Lynch. Lynch is no longer the skinny kid that arrived at the club 3 years ago.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Likes kruder, Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The young pups must be excited training In an AFL club
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The young pups must be excited training In an AFL club
    Yep. Excited...

"Now Buku, as a defender you need to learn how to tackle big men en though your slight of frame. This is Tom Boyd. Tom is going to run at you at full pace and you have to stop him. Now just wait here for him, and don't worry we have a defibrillator somewhere in the change rooms if you encounter any bad luck."
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep. Excited...

"Now Buku, as a defender you need to learn how to tackle big men en though your slight of frame. This is Tom Boyd. Tom is going to run at you at full pace and you have to stop him. Now just wait here for him, and don't worry we have a defibrillator somewhere in the change rooms if you encounter any bad luck."
    Faulty defribs are a big problem ATM.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Lipinski has certainly put in some work on his physical development as has Lynch. Lynch is no longer the skinny kid that arrived at the club 3 years ago.
    As has Bailey Dale... He looks to finally have a frame capable of mixing it so I'll watch his development with interest.

11. Thanks Templeton31 thanked for this post
    Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    As has Bailey Dale... He looks to finally have a frame capable of mixing it so I'll watch his development with interest.
    I did notice that and I should have mentioned it. He could be a big improver in 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Big year for Jongy, the midfield has more depth with spots at a premium. It's his first full preseason after a knee I'd love for him to become a best 22 lock. Still remember the West Coast final after being emotional on the bench he still had a massive smile on his face while singing the song after the game. It speaks volumes to me, he is one player I'd love to see get a bit of luck, the game owes him little.
    It’s hard to say this without being completely disparaging to his character and effort, but I don’t want Jong anywhere near our best 22. We need players who can think their way through situations and use the ball better than we have demonstrated recently and he isn’t able to do that for mine.

Our game needs to move on from what worked in 2016, I don’t think he has capacity to do that beyond being a depth player should preferred options go down.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone just asked the Bulldog's Twitter account for details re next open training session - it will be tomorrow (4/12) at 2 pm. I can't make it but hopefully a Woofer or two can, and add any relevant training news to this forum afterwards .
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

15. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    Someone just asked the Bulldog's Twitter account for details re next open training session - it will be tomorrow (4/12) at 2 pm. I can't make it but hopefully a Woofer or two can, and add any relevant training news to this forum afterwards .
    I stand to be corrected but it looks like Ben Cavarra to me

Post Thanks / Like

Looks younger and fairer in hair than Cavarra (I might be wrong though!). I initially thought Callum Porter but I do not think so. Does not look like any of this year’s recruits. A mystery.....

Post Thanks / Like

Darcy Cassar has been training with us today (Monday). he is a Western Jets bottom ager from this year and friends with Khamis. There was apparently another unidentified player with long, fair hair too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It’s hard to say this without being completely disparaging to his character and effort, but I don’t want Jong anywhere near our best 22. We need players who can think their way through situations and use the ball better than we have demonstrated recently and he isn’t able to do that for mine.

Our game needs to move on from what worked in 2016, I don’t think he has capacity to do that beyond being a depth player should preferred options go down.

That's OK. After he won his seventh B & F Scott West said words to the effect of "if wins next year's B&F that's not a good thing. We have to be bringing up players who put pressure on the blokes who are best 22 and also put pressure on the best players in the team. I don't want any more Sutton medals. I want to play finals and win a flag and we aren't going to do that with the same faces"
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

20. Likes strebla liked this post