Thanks Thanks:  169
Likes Likes:  210
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Preseason Training - 2019

Billy is back

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes Eastdog, Dry Rot, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to see. I’m hoping for another solid year from Billy.

Need to catch up on the pre season videos including the ones featuring our new draftees.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

These two forming a great partnership

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes hujsh, Go_Dogs, Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to see Billy Goat back. One of many genuine candidates for our most interesting player in the year ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Great to see Billy Goat back. One of many genuine candidates for our most interesting player in the year ahead.
    I still see Libba as the most interesting. Who knows what the photographers will see when he takes off his training top. I'm going with a full back tatt of the Womack & Womack female singers and the lyrics to 'teardrops' underneath. You just can't tell, it could easily be the smoking camel sharing a smoke with the Marlboro Man. Or a full back tatt of Stringer with a tatt of a Wookie across his chest just like Steve O. God it's a thread of guesswork this topic. Interesting man. Interesting what his brother is like.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I still see Libba as the most interesting. Who knows what the photographers will see when he takes off his training top. I'm going with a full back tatt of the Womack & Womack female singers and the lyrics to 'teardrops' underneath. You just can't tell, it could easily be the smoking camel sharing a smoke with the Marlboro Man. Or a full back tatt of Stringer with a tatt of a Wookie across his chest just like Steve O. God it's a thread of guesswork this topic. Interesting man. Interesting what his brother is like.

I love the Womacks. Even Bobby.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

9. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I know people who are close with the Libba family, from what I've been told, Oliver is completely different to Tom, ''straight and narrow'' are the words that have been said to me.

Billy being back makes me so happy, 100% my favorite player last season, really looking forward to what he can do next year.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

11. Likes chef, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    These two forming a great partnership

Someone posted an analysis of the last 4-6 weeks of the season when Dunkley went into the middle. Bonti's % of contested possessions dropped from 50% to 33%, his total possession count went up and his metres gained was much higher. Dunkley basically allows Bonti to do what he does best and we're a much better side for it.
    I'm wondering if Libba is now second rotation with Dunkley there. Libba is the better player but Dunks' impact on the midfield structure may be greater, not to mention he seems to know how to find the contested ball himself now after spending those weeks in the middle of the year as a run-with player.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

13. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Someone posted an analysis of the last 4-6 weeks of the season when Dunkley went into the middle. Bonti's % of contested possessions dropped from 50% to 33%, his total possession count went up and his metres gained was much higher. Dunkley basically allows Bonti to do what he does best and we're a much better side for it.
    I'm wondering if Libba is now second rotation with Dunkley there. Libba is the better player but Dunks' impact on the midfield structure may be greater, not to mention he seems to know how to find the contested ball himself now after spending those weeks in the middle of the year as a run-with player.
    Gee that's a good problem to have!

My take is Libba is more dangerous forward so Dubks starts in the midfield.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Gee that's a good problem to have!

My take is Libba is more dangerous forward so Dubks starts in the midfield.
    Interesting, always thought of the midfielders Dunks was our most natural forward, aside from Bont.....
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Interesting, always thought of the midfielders Dunks was our most natural forward, aside from Bont.....
    Agreed, although Wallis is a pretty handy forward as well. It's just Dunkley's goal kicking that lets him down, whereas I don't think Libba is a natural forward but is an excellent finisher.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Agreed, although Wallis is a pretty handy forward as well. It's just Dunkley's goal kicking that lets him down, whereas I don't think Libba is a natural forward but is an excellent finisher.
    Wallis' set shot range is about 30m and his delivery inside 50 is poor, both of which are weird outliers in his overall skill set - his craft is good but he can't be relied upon as a full time forward. I'd prefer Dunkley, whose issues have a better chance of being addressed.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    So come round 1 next year who are our 3 starting mids?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    So come round 1 next year who are our 3 starting mids?
    Libba, MaCrae, Dunks
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Wallis' set shot range is about 30m and his delivery inside 50 is poor, both of which are weird outliers in his overall skill set - his craft is good but he can't be relied upon as a full time forward. I'd prefer Dunkley, whose issues have a better chance of being addressed.
    To be fair I did say Dubks. It's Eric Dubks. He's a cat B rookie we are looking at...

21. Likes jeemak liked this post