Thanks Thanks:  241
Likes Likes:  1,385
Page 47 of 130 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Baz is just doing what every other 20 year old footballer does during off season. The only trouble is he’s probably the highest profile player of his age in the league right now so there’s a smart phone following his every move. Probably won’t be long until he goes down the Dusty path and has to hire private booths/rooms to party in.
    Nearest the pin re his first ink?

Im going Jan 2023.

2. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Im going Jan 2023.
    I think he's already got ink.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think he's already got ink.
    I won't sit here (still in my dogs kit waiting for the GF to start) and allow you to besmirch the exemplary Master Smith's fine name.

Quite frankly :

6. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Im going Jan 2023.
    I don’t think Instagram could handle it if Baz got neck tattoos.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

8. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I don’t think Instagram could handle it if Baz got neck tattoos.
    He strikes me as the type to not want to put stickers on a Ferrari
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

10. Likes Grantysghost, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I won't sit here (still in my dogs kit waiting for the GF to start) and allow you to besmirch the exemplary Master Smith's fine name.
    Sorry to burst everyone’s collective bubble, he has a tattoo of a tiger on his back. It’s not very high quality either. Think Stringer’s lion but waaaaaaaay smaller
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Laith would be well advised to keep his shirt on if a topless Baz is around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Poor Laith would be well advised to keep his shirt on if a topless Baz is around.

Between them they have an 8 pack !

14. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

Between them they have an 8 pack !
    All youse picking on Laith would kill to be in the nick he's in (me too). It's not fair to compare him to a specimen.

Where's the pic of Buku and Cordy to really cause puzzlement?
    "It's over. It's all over."

16. Likes azabob, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Shame. You could’ve pioneered Reality TV.
    More like been the first to feature on magistrates Court TV
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Hanging around with Baz would turn anyone into a never nude

Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs star Bailey Smith opens up on his crazy rise in popularity

Western Bulldogs star Bailey Smith has opened up about the spotlight, his mental health and the nude picture of him that was going viral on grand final day.

Smith, who is on the verge of becoming the AFL’s most followed player on social media, said he had even been offered $50,000 to sleep with someone.

Smith set the record straight on the picture by posting the original, which he said was taken off his Facebook account.

“There was a fake nude of me that got shared around Australia,’’ he told the Common Chaos podcast.

“This was like the day of the grand final, the biggest game of my life, and the boys showed me. They knew it was Photoshopped … it was weird. It got sent around to everyone while I was playing and then I addressed it after.

“I stopped looking at (my DMs) two weeks ago. I’m even getting these now, I don’t know how they got my number. Sends a screenshot of his bank account, $50,000 to sleep with this person. It doesn’t stop going. Then I’ve had the stock standard (offers).”

Smith, 20, is known as “Bazlenka” and has more than 334,000 followers on Instagram. Only Dustin Martin has more, with 338,000.

He is now in Queensland with new friends and podcast hosts Ashton Wood and Cartia Mallan but despite speculation, he says he is single.

Smith admits he has struggled with eating disorders, panic attacks and anxiety.

“I don’t know if it’s a good coping mechanism but I just don’t deal with it,’’ Smith said of the attention.

“I acknowledge it, I know it’s there, it is the elephant in my brain but I ignore it as much as I can. The things that ground me each day, I go get my coffee, going to the beach, my best friends, getting dinner. I focus on what I want to do each day and what I want to get out of myself.

“I don’t open up that much because I’m scared of being judged and it’s just something that’s got to do with me. Fear of just being taken advantage of, as well. You can’t just open up to anyone. So I don’t do that but it’s been so refreshing over the past couple of days just to talk to you guys and not feel alone.

“There are so many people around you and wanting this and that from you, it’s so easy to feel empty inside, as dark as that sounds.”

Smith, who has a unique look, with mullet and moustache and enviable physique, said football players often had a stigma attached to them.

“That whole jock and toxic masculinity thing, especially with football players the way they are perceived, the way they treat other people — even just women — they think they’re God’s gift etc.

“That’s why I’m glad you guys said it was refreshing to meet up because we are just normal and want to have a great conversation. We’re not into the whole scene that whatever we do it doesn’t define us, we just want to be normal and respectful. We really thrive off having a good conversation and a few drinks.”

Smith said he learnt to deal with his emotions at a young age.

“It’s such a big thing, I still feel vulnerable to this day talking about it. The more you do it feels so natural … it almost empowers you,’’ he said.

“I just love love.

“Just for my day-to-day and something that helps me when I’m having a panic attack or just having a down day: the sun will rise tomorrow. Understanding that whatever happens, the sun will rise. Life goes on. It’s not that important. You’re gonna die one day. It’s such a small, minuscule part of your life, just live it like it is.

“The thing that opened up so many doors for me is, I don’t know if it’s cliche, is actually working on myself and I started taking medication because that’s something I didn’t do for such a long time. (You think) I don’t want to be weak, I can do it myself, it’ll be so much rewarding if I just get through it.

“I bit the bullet and understood and accepted that I wasn’t right at the time. Opened up so many doors for me, in terms of school, my education went through the roof and then football, that’s been my dream since I was a kid. My work ethic, everything just tied together.

“That vulnerability opens up so many doors.

“Think I was 15. It’s pretty young but I started being really in tune with how I’m feeling and why am I feeling this way.

“I was lucky because my mum was good at helping me do that. In terms of wanting to be successful, it helps you with what you want to do.”

20. Thanks azabob, jeemak, 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Far out. I seriously hope we have a strong support network around Bailey Smith.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

22. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Far out. I seriously hope we have a strong support network around Bailey Smith.
    50k - I'd pony that up.

Post Thanks / Like

50k - I'd pony that up.
    Sex deficit is now $50,200 compared to best in class..........

Seriously though, crazy stuff to be experiencing at his age and like Aza said, I really hope we've got a good network/ structure in place to help him manage his way through it.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.