Thanks Thanks:  241
Likes Likes:  1,385
Page 32 of 130 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Baz got in Ziebell’s face because he tried to destroy Bruce in a faux tough guy tackle earlier in the quarter.
    I was amazed at the lack of comment on how dangerous that tackle was.

I was genuinely concerned that Bruce may have not been able to get up with his head buried and his neck bent so seriously. It was about as dangerous a tackle as you could see.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I was amazed at the lack of comment on how dangerous that tackle was.

I was genuinely concerned that Bruce may have not been able to get up with his head buried and his neck bent so seriously. It was about as dangerous a tackle as you could see.
    Yeah it was rubbish and ruffled Brucey up, too.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Bailey should've stood on his head? This is acceptable to Derm isn't it?

Not sure how he's still relevant, AFL media really needs to move on from his era.

4. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How Dermie can put those comments out there in one breath and then giggle and jerk off over Toby Greene’s antics in the next is the sort of gymnastics that could see him with a spot on the girls artistic team at Tokyo.

Baz gives it. Takes it. It’s rarely been unsportsmanlike, seems like a kid with a bit of a taste for theatre. Very comfortable with his behaviour. It’s safely on the right side of what’s fair and appropriate on the field.
    Last edited by SonofScray; 07-04-2021 at 11:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not too fussed.

I also doubt anybody aside from Dermott cares. If anything him drawing attention to it is likely to win Bailey some more fans.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Ziebell should be deregistered. I’m amazed he was able to get the ball so many times last week without kicking himself in the face or something.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Chirping opponents who give away frees, particularly in front of goal, is so tediously commonplace now it's practically rote to the point players expect it and rarely bite back, it's the cost of doing business.

So Brereton somehow lays it at the feet of Baz as if it's a unique trait unbecoming of the game he played in such gentlemanly fashion, then idiotically conflates it with the issue of mental wellbeing and Derm's weird AF set of protocols around the topic.

Piss off you antiquated dickhead. I can't wait for a hasty follow-up statement clarifying his comments.

As an aside the only thing I enjoyed about the glimpse of Melbourne vs the Giants I dared the other night was how Kelli Underwood routinely spoke over Brereton's endless verbal diarrhoea in an effort to call the game while wondering why other callers haven't started doing this sooner.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

9. Likes Grantysghost, merantau, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Folks are upset because Smith was getting into one of the AFL's good guys on the weekend:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/04/...eld-behaviour/

Dermie of course leading the charge, he's obviously suffering severe memory loss from his own career and the stupid shit that's come out of his mouth and he's glorified since. Twerp.
    Coming from this flog, the comments are laughable.

We need MORE of this, not less, I want our players to fight for it and stick up for whats right, we don't need to go the complete GWS spectrum and be outright bullies, but after what happened to Bruce it's GREAT to see our guys stick up for eachother, that tackle could of seriously injured Bruce and I was worried it was done for the day, to see Baz go and give it back (With Libba and VDM in toe) Was great to see.

More fight, when the occasion calls for it, not less.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

11. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn’t like it either to be honest, it’s a bit opportunistic and we have form with it. We had a few similar acts late in our win over GWS (second last game 2019) and it came back to bite us. Not sure it serves much purpose to be honest but it isn’t as big an issue as Derm has made out.

There is a time and a place for getting in the oppositions face and that wasn’t it in my view. As a coach I have never liked it from my teams in that scenario.

13. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes SquirrelGrip, Guido liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    I didn’t like it either to be honest, it’s a bit opportunistic and we have form with it. We had a few similar acts late in our win over GWS (second last game 2019) and it came back to bite us. Not sure it serves much purpose to be honest but it isn’t as big an issue as Derm has made out.

There is a time and a place for getting in the oppositions face and that wasn’t it in my view. As a coach I have never liked it from my teams in that scenario.
    We were about 20 goals up when it occurred and I agree it's not necessarily the right time to do it.
    I never liked GWS because they weren't gracious winners and let opponents know all about it when they had the game won.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I can't agree with you dogtown. Bailey was flying the flag after Ziebell tried to bury Bruce's face in the dirt. Baz was letting Ziebell know that Bruce is about to kick his 10th goal from a contested mark he took over him. I love it and I want to see more flying the flag so long as it doesn't impact our form, e.g GWS
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

D. Brereton? Is he the grub that stomped on Rayden Tallis' head in a practice match and got 7 weeks? And also broke Tony Free's jaw for another 7? Just asking for a friend! Really, him giving advice on how to behave on the field is the mother of all "getting on your high horses's".
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

17. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I can't agree with you dogtown. Bailey was flying the flag after Ziebell tried to bury Bruce's face in the dirt. Baz was letting Ziebell know that Bruce is about to kick his 10th goal from a contested mark he took over him. I love it and I want to see more flying the flag so long as it doesn't impact our form, e.g GWS
    Yep, exactly. He wasn’t niggling Ziebell for fun, he took umbrage at the fake tough guy antics and rightfully so.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Must admit I hadn’t seen the earlier incident. Not the first time for Bailey though so maybe I am a bit sceptical on that one. Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt it just seems a bit pointless for me and can only come back to bite you later on.

20. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Must admit I hadn’t seen the earlier incident. Not the first time for Bailey though so maybe I am a bit sceptical on that one. Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt it just seems a bit pointless for me and can only come back to bite you later on.
    I was sitting right above where that tackle happened on Bruce, me and my partner were 100% sure he wasn't going to get up due to how he landed, head first into the dirt. I'm really, really surprised he wasn't pulled off for concussion test.

Either way, Ziebell deserved it.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016