Thanks Thanks:  241
Likes Likes:  1,371
Page 35 of 128 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Seriously Bailey - first the season launch, now this ... YOU'RE WEARING THE WRONG JACKET! Mercedes don't need free advertising

Thanks for sharing BAD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Seriously Bailey - first the season launch, now this ... YOU'RE WEARING THE WRONG JACKET! Mercedes don't need free advertising

Thanks for sharing BAD.
    Maybe he drives one
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Maybe he drives one
    The current one isn't too shabby either :

https://shop.westernbulldogs.com.au/...eather-jacket/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    The current one isn't too shabby either :

https://shop.westernbulldogs.com.au/...eather-jacket/
    I really hate the blue they are using, too light in colour.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I really hate the blue they are using, too light in colour.
    It's vibrant blue, taking a leaf from the Tiger's vibrant yellow.

Post Thanks / Like

$#% Dermot is an idiot. Mental health doesn't work like that man c'mon if that's how you think you should not be commenting on these types of issues. He's not banking credits you moron he's being open and shedding light on these issues for the benefit of all who struggle. Kudos needs to be given you idiot your comments (if anyone actually takes heed), actually undoes much of the courageous dialogue people like Bailey bring to the issue.

Does Dermot even understand that his comments have really no value or meaning? He's at risk of others having second thoughts about speaking out on what is a very important issue to address.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

9. Likes Testekill, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Does Dermot even understand.
    Imma stop you there.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

So a question. Smith is in the 22 come finals, obviously. But where does he play?

I have Bont, Macrae, Libba, Dunks & Treloar ahead of him in the guts.

The backline is full.

Can he be this finals series version of Clay Smith? He’s a clear upgrade on JJ. He loves to tackle and has burst speed and an awesome ‘don’t argue’, as well as being a good mark. Unlike JJ, you know he only knows one way which is to crack in at 100%. If he brings that with Weightman & Naughton the same, plus maybe JUH and Garcia, there’s a bit of an edge of finals pressure to the forward line. He seems to have Smith/Picken style forward attributes who can also take a run in the middle. Can we refocus him with Dunks & Treloar back? I don’t trust JJ in this role and under pressure. Such a move could help overall.

The alternative is put him on the wing where he has looked a bit lost this year.

So if you accept the mids above start in front of him, where can he make the most impact on the ground?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

12. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BT, I like it, I really do.

He hits the scoreboard, I’m on board.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So a question. Smith is in the 22 come finals, obviously. But where does he play?

I have Bont, Macrae, Libba, Dunks & Treloar ahead of him in the guts.

The backline is full.

Can he be this finals series version of Clay Smith? He’s a clear upgrade on JJ. He loves to tackle and has burst speed and an awesome ‘don’t argue’, as well as being a good mark. Unlike JJ, you know he only knows one way which is to crack in at 100%. If he brings that with Weightman & Naughton the same, plus maybe JUH and Garcia, there’s a bit of an edge of finals pressure to the forward line. He seems to have Smith/Picken style forward attributes who can also take a run in the middle. Can we refocus him with Dunks & Treloar back? I don’t trust JJ in this role and under pressure. Such a move could help overall.

The alternative is put him on the wing where he has looked a bit lost this year.

So if you accept the mids above start in front of him, where can he make the most impact on the ground?
    I don’t think he is outside our best 5-6 mids but he is the one that can transition to a wing the easiest. He will slot back into his wing I think. He isn’t as good there but better for the team overall.

MCG suits him as well.

15. Likes azabob, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    BT, I like it, I really do.

He hits the scoreboard, I’m on board.
    If this is a thing, I wonder if we give him say the Hawthorn game there to see if it’s worth pursuing. I think we need a proof of concept.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Smith had 36 and 2 goals in round one at the G on a wing. He’s got it in him to be full on elite there.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

18. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Smith should be used like a Cooney or Judd, clearance player with burst speed and long kicking. Don't like him on the wing where you want endurance running to get involved in the play at both ends, uncontested marks and precision passing
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    I don’t think he is outside our best 5-6 mids but he is the one that can transition to a wing the easiest. He will slot back into his wing I think. He isn’t as good there but better for the team overall.

MCG suits him as well.
    Baz is a bit of a conundrum I think. While I agree that he can transition to the wing, I don't like the way he tends to run harder when we have the ball, as opposed to when the opposition have it. In contrast, I love the way Ed Richards uses his speed on the wing as a defensive weapon that makes us significantly better in defensive transition. Of course Smith (and JJ when he's on the wing) could do this, they just don't do it as well, or as often. Or at least that's how I see it.

On the other hand, I don't like the idea of Baz replacing JJ who seems to have got what is required of his forward role and has been doing the defensive pressure bits of it much better over the past 4-6 weeks or so.

It's a good problem to have, and maybe we can increase some rotating between our forwards and mids if we ever get all our key mids healthy. Having both Treloar and Smith as largely outside players who can be brought into the trenches late in games and quarters could be a significant advantage (like when Treloar came into the centre-square for most of the final quarter of our first game against the Eagles).

It will be interesting if we get all of them back, because we probably lose a bit of a defensive mid-option as well that Bevo has used a bit of late. Initially McLean was rushed back in to play more of a stopper role, and now Roarke seems to be doing that a bit.
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

21. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    Baz is a bit of a conundrum I think. While I agree that he can transition to the wing, I don't like the way he tends to run harder when we have the ball, as opposed to when the opposition have it.
    The contrast between his strength and ferocity when being tackled vs when doing the tackling is huge.

23. Likes Raw Toast liked this post