Thanks Thanks:  241
Likes Likes:  1,385
Page 53 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Loving his development I still think he has another gear of quality to come with experience. IMO he needs to hold on to the ball longer, when he does things will open up around him and you will see his efficiency improve.

2. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Against Port Adelaide there were very few talls to let us down. When Ed Richards is playing on the tallest opposition forward you are going to be in a lot of trouble with the ball in the air.
    We were totally uncompetitive in the air in defense. We lost hitouts 40-21, but our mids still won the clearances. The issue was not Bailey Smith's midfield time
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    In front of Bontempelli? I know Bont hasn't been himself this year, but he's in the best 2-3 players in the comp when he's up & going so it's a stretch to think Smith takes the #1 spot.
    Yep, in front of Bont.

I'm concerned about Bont's body and the reality is he's always going to play a fair chunk forward. He's obviously the better player at full flight and in key moments he should be right in the thick of it, but it should be alongside Smith - not in replace of.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy, Sammy Edumond reporting a photo of Smith circulating with a bag of white power.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

6. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Edmund

"A photo appearing to show Bulldogs superstar Bailey Smith with a bag of white powder has surfaced.
    A video is also in circulation of Smith at a party where he leans away from the camera before returning.
    It's unclear when they were recorded. Dogs have been contacted for comment"

Post Thanks / Like

What a flog.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man. These dickheads and their fascination with filming their drug use. Will they ever learn?

That's him suspended for a few weeks I guess. Not sure we'll secure much for him when he asks for a trade at the end of the year.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

11. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Oh man. These dickheads and their fascination with filming their drug use. Will they ever learn?

That's him suspended for a few weeks I guess. Not sure we'll secure much for him when he asks for a trade at the end of the year.
    Cotton on will love it too.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a little has changed since this then https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...07-p50elp.html

"Not only is he renowned as one of the hardest trainers in this year’s draft pool, but he’s also incredibly strict on himself.

Smith plans and cooks every meal himself, intermittently fasts and has never touched a drop of alcohol – and doesn’t plan to for the entirety of his AFL career.

“I’ve never had it, it’s a mental thing, it’s just not worth it,” Smith told Fairfax Media.

“I’ve come this far, why waste it?”

“I might [try it] when I’m old. Like, really old.”

Smith wouldn’t be the only draftee who plans to stay away from the booze, but his dedication to his diet and personalised training program is unlikely to be matched"

Post Thanks / Like

Whilst I'm glad the bullshit that came/ comes out of my mouth isn't in print, that was some class A bullshit at the time and is even more so now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Sounds like a little has changed since this then https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...07-p50elp.html

"Not only is he renowned as one of the hardest trainers in this year’s draft pool, but he’s also incredibly strict on himself.

Smith plans and cooks every meal himself, intermittently fasts and has never touched a drop of alcohol – and doesn’t plan to for the entirety of his AFL career.

“I’ve never had it, it’s a mental thing, it’s just not worth it,” Smith told Fairfax Media.

“I’ve come this far, why waste it?”

“I might [try it] when I’m old. Like, really old.”

Smith wouldn’t be the only draftee who plans to stay away from the booze, but his dedication to his diet and personalised training program is unlikely to be matched"
    They don't drink it puts on weight.

Do you guys recall the Collingwood game and some mono toothed cretin was giving it to Bailey by pretending to snort.

Bailey did the weirdest thing, he smiled at him and did some weird tongue dance which probably got him 50k more insta followers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    WTAF?

Like just to be clear, I am a small l Liberal when it comes to drugs. All drugs should be decriminalised, legalized, measured and monitored in my opinion.

I'm not stupid enough to think our players (and a lot of young men in the league) aren't using. But what I can't believe is their inability for discretion if they're going to do it. Just so, so stupid.
    "It's over. It's all over."

17. Likes jeemak, Dry Rot, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bailey v Pies fan (pretending to snort). Might be his dealer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    WTAF?

Like just to be clear, I am a small l Liberal when it comes to drugs. All drugs should be decriminalised, legalized, measured and monitored in my opinion.

I'm not stupid enough to think our players (and a lot of young men in the league) aren't using. But what I can't believe is their inability for discretion if they're going to do it. Just so, so stupid.
    No way, not with the war on drugs going so well in its 50th year!

20. Likes EasternWest, Mofra, hujsh liked this post