Thanks Thanks:  244
Likes Likes:  1,427
Page 48 of 135 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Sex deficit is now $50,200 compared to best in class..........

Seriously though, crazy stuff to be experiencing at his age and like Aza said, I really hope we've got a good network/ structure in place to help him manage his way through it.
    I know one of his best mate's mum's is one of Melbourne's best Psychologists so he's got a good network.

I'd pay 20k for a hug. ( maybe I've already had one )

Post Thanks / Like

Dude seems intent on being who he is - forget the mullet, the man is different…and he owns it. I dig it.

I’m not too worried, he seems to have a fair bit figured out
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

3. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Dude seems intent on being who he is - forget the mullet, the man is different…and he owns it. I dig it.

I’m not too worried, he seems to have a fair bit figured out
    He's going to need some support to temper things for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He's going to need some support to temper things for sure.
    Yeah for sure, but I’m confident he’ll be ok
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Bulldogs star Bailey Smith opens up on his crazy rise in popularity

Western Bulldogs star Bailey Smith has opened up about the spotlight, his mental health and the nude picture of him that was going viral on grand final day.

Smith, who is on the verge of becoming the AFL’s most followed player on social media, said he had even been offered $50,000 to sleep with someone.

Smith set the record straight on the picture by posting the original, which he said was taken off his Facebook account.

“There was a fake nude of me that got shared around Australia,’’ he told the Common Chaos podcast.

“This was like the day of the grand final, the biggest game of my life, and the boys showed me. They knew it was Photoshopped … it was weird. It got sent around to everyone while I was playing and then I addressed it after.

“I stopped looking at (my DMs) two weeks ago. I’m even getting these now, I don’t know how they got my number. Sends a screenshot of his bank account, $50,000 to sleep with this person. It doesn’t stop going. Then I’ve had the stock standard (offers).”

Smith, 20, is known as “Bazlenka” and has more than 334,000 followers on Instagram. Only Dustin Martin has more, with 338,000.

He is now in Queensland with new friends and podcast hosts Ashton Wood and Cartia Mallan but despite speculation, he says he is single.

Smith admits he has struggled with eating disorders, panic attacks and anxiety.

“I don’t know if it’s a good coping mechanism but I just don’t deal with it,’’ Smith said of the attention.

“I acknowledge it, I know it’s there, it is the elephant in my brain but I ignore it as much as I can. The things that ground me each day, I go get my coffee, going to the beach, my best friends, getting dinner. I focus on what I want to do each day and what I want to get out of myself.

“I don’t open up that much because I’m scared of being judged and it’s just something that’s got to do with me. Fear of just being taken advantage of, as well. You can’t just open up to anyone. So I don’t do that but it’s been so refreshing over the past couple of days just to talk to you guys and not feel alone.

“There are so many people around you and wanting this and that from you, it’s so easy to feel empty inside, as dark as that sounds.”

Smith, who has a unique look, with mullet and moustache and enviable physique, said football players often had a stigma attached to them.

“That whole jock and toxic masculinity thing, especially with football players the way they are perceived, the way they treat other people — even just women — they think they’re God’s gift etc.

“That’s why I’m glad you guys said it was refreshing to meet up because we are just normal and want to have a great conversation. We’re not into the whole scene that whatever we do it doesn’t define us, we just want to be normal and respectful. We really thrive off having a good conversation and a few drinks.”

Smith said he learnt to deal with his emotions at a young age.

“It’s such a big thing, I still feel vulnerable to this day talking about it. The more you do it feels so natural … it almost empowers you,’’ he said.

“I just love love.

“Just for my day-to-day and something that helps me when I’m having a panic attack or just having a down day: the sun will rise tomorrow. Understanding that whatever happens, the sun will rise. Life goes on. It’s not that important. You’re gonna die one day. It’s such a small, minuscule part of your life, just live it like it is.

“The thing that opened up so many doors for me is, I don’t know if it’s cliche, is actually working on myself and I started taking medication because that’s something I didn’t do for such a long time. (You think) I don’t want to be weak, I can do it myself, it’ll be so much rewarding if I just get through it.

“I bit the bullet and understood and accepted that I wasn’t right at the time. Opened up so many doors for me, in terms of school, my education went through the roof and then football, that’s been my dream since I was a kid. My work ethic, everything just tied together.

“That vulnerability opens up so many doors.

“Think I was 15. It’s pretty young but I started being really in tune with how I’m feeling and why am I feeling this way.

“I was lucky because my mum was good at helping me do that. In terms of wanting to be successful, it helps you with what you want to do.”
    Rad dude seems like a deep thinker and is connected to and owns his emotions. He's at a good club to help him move forward in the right direction. A good club with good people.

7. Likes jeemak, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Police investigate alleged Gold Coast pub incident involving AFL star Bailey Smith

Police are investigating an alleged incident at a popular Gold Coast venue involving AFL superstar player Bailey Smith.

The Courier Mail can reveal a formal complaint has been made to police after the alleged incident occurred outside the Burleigh Pavilion on the long weekend of the NRL Grand Final.

It’s understood Smith, who is a star player for the Western Bulldogs with over 330,000 Instagram followers, has not yet spoken to police in relation to the matter.

However a formal complaint has been made by a 22-year-old man.

It is understood the man alleges he was pushed by Smith in the early hours of October 4.

In a statement, police confirmed they are investigating an incident at the venue.

“Police have received a complaint in relation to an (incident involving) a 22-year-old man at Goodwin Terrace around 12.10am on Monday October 4, 2021,” the statement said.

“The man was transported to hospital for treatment.

“Investigations are ongoing.”

An official police complaint was not made until some days after the alleged incident.

An AFL spokesman said they had been made aware of an incident involving a player for the Western Bulldogs, but at this stage would be taking no further action.

“The AFL has been advised by the Western Bulldogs of an incident involving a player on October 4,” a spokesman said.

“On the basis of the information we currently have there will be no further action at this stage.”

While a spokesman for the Club confirmed a small group of players were present.

“The Western Bulldogs are aware of an incident which occurred in Burleigh Heads in Queensland on 4 October, where a small group of its players were present,” a Western Bulldogs spokesman said.

“The Club has conducted its own investigation and is satisfied that no further action is required at this point in time.”

Smith’s manager has been approached for comment but is yet to respond.

Smith appeared as a guest on Gold Coast influencers Ashtyn Wood and Cartia Mallan’s Common Chaos podcast, which was released on Wednesday, to talk about “toxic masculinity, mental health and vulnerability”.

“We’re not into the whole scene, whatever we do, it doesn’t define us, we just want to be normal and respectful like everyone wants to be,” he said on the podcast.

“It’s a credit to the way we were brought up, as a friendship group we’re sick of that (idea that) guys only get on the sesh (party session) together and do all that.”

Smith shared a snippet of the podcast to his Instagram feed and turned off the function that allows users to comment on his posts.

Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff. Just what we needed to pick us up and lift our spirits.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Dickheads harassing him. He is going to cop it from young males who are jealous of him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Dickheads harassing him. He is going to cop it from young males who are jealous of him.
    Not sure it’s just young males BAD
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

The AFL and the club don't seem too concerned by it so hopefully it is nothing to worry about.

What kind of sook makes a police complaint about someone pushing them? No doubt it has only happened because he knows who Bailey is.

14. Likes bornadog, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On face value not sure much to worry about.
    He didn’t hit or kick anyone. He pushed someone.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Not sure it’s just young males BAD
    Yeah older guys as well, I guess, stirring him up.

Females are all over him, but I doubt they are violent.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    On face value not sure much to worry about.
    He didn’t hit or kick anyone. He pushed someone.
    The guy went to hospital, and has made a formal complaint to police who are investigating.

Push, punch or whatever, that's not great.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

The guy went to hospital, and has made a formal complaint to police who are investigating.

Push, punch or whatever, that's not great.
    so the media says. Two sides to every story.

Reports to Police two days later.

Post Thanks / Like

I listened to his podcast with the Gold Coast "influencers" (there's an hour I'll never get back).

He's become the infatuation target of teenage girls - probably the AFL's first Justin Bieber equivalent in the Instagram age. Because he physically stands out in the crowd, he'll cop it more than others. The Club and his Manager will be looking after him. Sooner he is out of the Gold Coast, the better.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."