Thanks Thanks:  243
Likes Likes:  1,423
Page 49 of 134 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    so the media says. Two sides to every story.

Reports to Police two days later.
    Are you saying that he didn't go to hospital and hasn't made a report to police who aren't investigating, and as such, it is great?

Because that's the other side to the story.

All I'm saying is I don't think it's great a player of ours is involved with something like this. I'm not saying it's a big deal, or will be, I'm just saying it's not great.

If you think it's great, great.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The guy went to hospital, and has made a formal complaint to police who are investigating.

Push, punch or whatever, that's not great.
    I know violence should never be encouraged but there are dickheads out there who deserve a belting. By the sounds of it this bloke got off lightly with a push.

That being said, Bailey better get used to this attention and learn how to cope with it. Because he’s going to get it everywhere he goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you saying that he didn't go to hospital and hasn't made a report to police who aren't investigating, and as such, it is great?

Because that's the other side to the story.

All I'm saying is I don't think it's great a player of ours is involved with something like this. I'm not saying it's a big deal, or will be, I'm just saying it's not great.

If you think it's great, great.
    Bold bit ????????????????

No, I am saying it sounds fishy from the other party and I like to hear Bailey's side of the story. I can't judge unless I know both sides.

Yes he it not good one of our players is involved, but as BTT says, he needs to get used to being hassled and learn to deal with it. He is only 20 years old.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It's likely nothing comes of this, but it's a reminder to Bailey he needs to be careful given how big profile he's become.

One thing I'm aware of is that Bailey does say all the right things and certainly appears to have a good head on his shoulders, but with the way he portrays himself on social media and his rightful desire to be regularly out and about, I hope he understands there's always going to be interest in what he does. Some of that interest will be in bad faith, so how he deals with it will be key.

By no means am I saying he needs to avoid going out - that's ridiculous. He's young and deserves a social life, but with the 'good' part of being up in lights comes the bad.
    W00F!

5. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Deleted
    Last edited by EasternWest; 15-10-2021 at 08:01 PM.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I know violence should never be encouraged but there are dickheads out there who deserve a belting. By the sounds of it this bloke got off lightly with a push.

That being said, Bailey better get used to this attention and learn how to cope with it. Because he’s going to get it everywhere he goes.
    We don't even know what happened and we're already saying the other guy got off lightly without being more severely harmed...........!

Post Thanks / Like

Dickheads harassing him. He is going to cop it from young males who are jealous of him.
    He's a remarkable young player and he seems like a solid citizen but I don't envy the scrutiny he is now under.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    It's likely nothing comes of this, but it's a reminder to Bailey he needs to be careful given how big profile he's become.

One thing I'm aware of is that Bailey does say all the right things and certainly appears to have a good head on his shoulders, but with the way he portrays himself on social media and his rightful desire to be regularly out and about, I hope he understands there's always going to be interest in what he does. Some of that interest will be in bad faith, so how he deals with it will be key.

By no means am I saying he needs to avoid going out - that's ridiculous. He's young and deserves a social life, but with the 'good' part of being up in lights comes the bad.
    Well summed up.
    A mate mentioned that if he got rid of the mullet he might blend in more but other than Bont he might be our most marketable player.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Bold bit ????????????????

No, I am saying it sounds fishy from the other party and I like to hear Bailey's side of the story. I can't judge unless I know both sides.

Yes he it not good one of our players is involved, but as BTT says, he needs to get used to being hassled and learn to deal with it. He is only 20 years old.
    I'm just countering your contrarianism to my neutral statement/ position in that I don't think it's great (which it clearly isn't, but we don't know whether it's actually bad either - which I didn't say it was) with a ridiculous one for effect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Well summed up.
    A mate mentioned that if he got rid of the mullet he might blend in more but other than Bont he might be our most marketable player.
    But he shouldn't have to get rid of the mullet, people just need to leave other people alone.

I feel people never really learned enough from what happens next in this scene:

Post Thanks / Like

But he shouldn't have to get rid of the mullet, people just need to leave other people alone.

I feel people never really learned enough from what happens next in this scene:

The Mullet did the pushing.

Bailey's hair, whom I've named Kuato, is a parasitic life form with unknown intentions.

Also thanks for the Mos Eisley Cantina ear worm you just planted

Post Thanks / Like

Or like Snake's hair on Homer!

14. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Or like Snake's hair on Homer!

Haha perfect!

Bailey's followers :

Post Thanks / Like

This thread just went up a notch! Got pushed up?

Sounds like not much. I mean, I understand someone got hurt, but what less could someone do than push?

Slow news week.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a drunk asshole got in his face at the pub and he shoved him.