Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
Intense types tend to become fan favourites - Cross/West/M Boyd/Morris all have that intensity.
If I was an interstate club I would have been worried.
My concerns around his intensity are more around some of the things I have heard him say/have been reported.

It all has to be taken with a grain of salt, but I perceive him as an intense, obsessive type. This could be a real positive and just be maturity and professionalism beyond his years, but more and more we are hearing stories of players with mental health concerns metioning a lack of balance.

Hearing him talk about things like getting emotional when watching the 2017 draft (and imagining it was him) might be nothing to worry about, but coupled with everything else it still makes me take notice. It might be a stretch, but I worry about his resilience if he gets some setbacks or when he hits league and gets targeted and is no longer the best on the park.

I am hoping my concern is born from an innate worrying gene and a tendency to overanalyse. The reality is the kid is 17 and not all 17 year olds present like The Bont. I am sure if newspapers cut and pasted some of the stuff I said when I was 17 there might be some eyebrow raisers in there. I also back the club to support him and help him find balance if that is an issue. If social media is anything to go by he seems to have already gelled with some of the playing group, so that is one concern I had that is alleviated somewhat.

Time will tell, I hope you are all right that there is nothing to worry about.