Thanks Thanks:  253
Likes Likes:  1,494
Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4696136137138139140141142143144145146
Results 2,176 to 2,182 of 2182
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    He’s gone. His brand is the most important thing to him and our brand won’t help his. But I reckon he picks Collingwood or maybe Geelong and we are screwed. I threaten the PSD but there’s only so much those clubs can and will offer.
    Straight to Arden street and don't collect $200.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Straight to Arden street and don't collect $200.
    That threat at best motivates his manager to lean harder on the club. We should?ve traded him last year. Should?ve gone a lot last year. But here we are facing the abyss. Hoping to put hard decisions off again.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Simple.

I would sit Bailey down now.

You are either sign up or you look for a club where we can be fairly compensated.

Otherwise you can see how it feels off broadway and flog your Barry drinks down at Arden street. Straight to NMFC you go.
    Do you think that would actually work and could that sort of ultimatum impact other players?

I'd ramp up the pressure and say to him that we need some off field wins and announcing that you are staying would be huge for the club and see if that triggers a response.
    You can always play that ultimatum card later in the year but if we just want to do a temperature check we need to be a bit more subtle than that.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes kickit2Koly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Do you think that would actually work and could that sort of ultimatum impact other players?

I'd ramp up the pressure and say to him that we need some off field wins and announcing that you are staying would be huge for the club and see if that triggers a response.
    You can always play that ultimatum card later in the year but if we just want to do a temperature check we need to be a bit more subtle than that.
    It would depend on what the communication has been so far. What has he actually told them? What is there gut feel on the matter? You would need that information before going nuclear.

I'm assuming they are already trying the tactic that you are suggesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Giving that ultimatum is difficult, particularly if you don't know who your coach is going to be. Especially with someone who is close with the current coach.

We need to tell him and his management we want him no matter what, but won't waste valuable trade week time through the distraction of dealing with preferred destinations with no trade capital, kicking the can down the road, when trying to improve our list and actually get deals done. They can figure out what that means without the direct threat, surely.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

7. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    That threat at best motivates his manager to lean harder on the club. We should?ve traded him last year. Should?ve gone a lot last year. But here we are facing the abyss. Hoping to put hard decisions off again.
    I am starting to think there wasn?t the interest in him last year we thought there was.

I reckon the club knows exactly what?s coming and have for 18 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    I am starting to think there wasn?t the interest in him last year we thought there was.

I reckon the club knows exactly what?s coming and have for 18 months.
    There is plenty of interest in him particularly from the marketing side for the clubs chasing. Would happily walk him to North rather than get a late 1st rounder from Cats/Pies.