Thanks Thanks:  253
Likes Likes:  1,494
Page 106 of 146 FirstFirst ... 65696979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2182
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Episode one of GETTABLE 2024 - Bazlenka on the move.

2. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Sam Power said he had not one inquiry during trade period, however, they will be coming in 2024
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    It's a shame he's out of contract otherwise we could hold out for a kings ransom. Although he will probably choose the Premiers.

My guess early doors would be Hawthorn or Geelong. Tom Hawkins money.

5. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It's a shame he's out of contract otherwise we could hold out for a kings ransom. Although he will probably choose the Premiers.

My guess early doors would be Hawthorn or Geelong. Tom Hawkins money.
    So Western Bulldogs then?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Bailey Smith reportedly ‘80 per cent chance’ to leave Bulldogs as AFL rivals circle

Western Bulldogs midfielder Bailey Smith is reportedly an “80 per cent” chance of leaving the Dogs at the end of next season.

The 22-year-old is one of the AFL’s most recognisable players but has struggled for form in recent times, finding himself left out of the Bulldogs’ stacked midfield.

With stars including Marcus Bontempelli, Tom Liberatore, Adam Treloar and Jack Macrae playing in the guts — Smith has been starved of opportunity in the midfield.

Smith’s contract expires at the end of 2024 and according to the Herald Sun’s Jon Ralph: “The chances of him moving on seem to be about 80 per cent.

“So the onus is on Smith to work his butt off to improve his kicking and on-ball craft so (coach) Luke Beveridge simply has to give him more centre bounce opportunities.

“Then he can either stay on a significant deal or explore the market at the end of 2024.

“This year his lack of impact meant Beveridge wasn’t proved wrong by pushing him to half forward.”

Smith has been linked with a move to Hawthorn and Geelong, but two other clubs including premiers Collingwood are believed to be “neck deep” in a pursuit of Smith.

Speaking on the Tradies Podcast, footy journalists Mitch Cleary and Sam McClure said the Magpies and Essendon are very keen on Smith.

Cleary:
    “Bailey Smith. Right here right now, Hawthorn or Geelong? Who is in front?”

McClure: “Right here, right now … I’d have Collingwood and Essendon neck deep in it as well.”

Cleary: “Why on earth do Essendon need another midfielder?”

McClure:
    “Because they don’t have many very good ones.”

Cleary:
    “(Darcy) Parish, (Zach) Merrett, (Elijah) Tsatas, (Archie) Perkins … (Ben) Hobbs.

“Geelong would be the most obvious fit. Their midfield with (Patrick) Dangerfield, (Cam) Guthrie and their age demographic.”

McClure: “Bailey makes sense at Geelong, I agree.

“Put it this way, I would be shocked if Bailey Smith has re-signed at the Western Bulldogs by July.

“If they (uncontracted players) don’t sign by then, you know things are moving.”

Cleary: “I agree with you on that.”

Essendon still have a war chest to spend on a marquee recruit like Smith after making plenty of moves in the Trade Period to bring in Ben McKay, Jade Gresham, Todd Goldstein and Xavier Duursma.

“(Bulldogs CEO) Ameet Bains has said that Bailey Smith is a required player,” Caroline Wilson said on Footy Classified in August.

“But there is huge frustration with him, he’s on a huge amount of money, he’s clearly a very high maintenance player, there’s several clubs looking at him, Collingwood and Hawthorn as well as Geelong.”

Kane Cornes said: “I think Geelong is the right home for him, they’ve taken a risk on players like Tyson Stengle with really good results, he’s a hard worker and I think he fits in perfectly (at Geelong).”

Smith has played 103 games for the Bulldogs since being taken with pick No. 7 in the 2018 AFL Draft.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

12 months of this circus unless Smith re-signs and shuts it down…
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

These people have weird jobs.

The trade period where they were all reliably informed a move on Bailey Smith was in the wings, that resulted in no moves on Bailey Smith has just ended, and now they're all getting aroused by moves on Bailey Smith next trade period and indirectly telling everyone about how aroused they are about it. Weird.

They're like The Hardy Boys from South Park. Continually telling us about their raging clues.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

10. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes Sedat, angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

The trade period where they were all reliably informed a move on Bailey Smith was in the wings, that resulted in no moves on Bailey Smith has just ended, and now they're all getting aroused by moves on Bailey Smith next trade period and indirectly telling everyone about how aroused they are about it. Weird.

They're like The Hardy Boys from South Park. Continually telling us about their raging clues.
    I would actually listen to that episode of their podcast… Sam, I’ve got a raging clue right now. Mitch, I’ve just shot my clue goo all over the mic.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

12. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

It is absolutely mind boggling.

How has Jon Ralph calculated the 80%? Is it because there are four clubs who are potential suiters?

14. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I would actually listen to that episode of their podcast… Sam, I’ve got a raging clue right now. Mitch, I’ve just shot my clue goo all over the mic.
    Mate, Ralph is worse - he is reporting! writing a story! on a podcast! GTFOH and get a real job

16. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Mate, Ralph is worse - he is reporting! writing a story! on a podcast! GTFOH and get a real job
    It’s a pretty ****ed up ecosystem of ‘news’. Embarrassing really.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    It is absolutely mind boggling.

How has Jon Ralph calculated the 80%? Is it because there are four clubs who are potential suiters?
    Live from the offices of the Herald Sun, this is Jon Ralph calculating the 80% ...

"I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously. How do they look themselves in the mirror every morning?

Also, how can you be wrong so often, then front up with another speciulative opinion as if nothing happened. In my line of work if you are wrong often, you no longer have customers or a funcitoning business. Game over. Done. The free market is a great filter.

What are the endearing qualities that allow a long career in football journalism in the moder era? Seriously. A loud opinion? Chutzpah? Speculate on outrageous theories? It definitely isn't talent.

20. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Seriously. How do they look themselves in the mirror every morning?
    Gutter scribes gonna gutter scribe
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

22. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Gutter scribes gonna gutter scribe
    But the irony is that they consider what they are doing incredibily important and they are frequently telling us all about their journalistic principles and ethics. I'm not a gutter footy scribe, I'm a serious journalist. How have we gone from the likes of Martin Flanagan to Sam McClure and co?