Thanks Thanks:  250
Likes Likes:  1,452
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    He was posting "Go Dogs" last night. Is there any world where he stays until free agency?
    Honestly I’d be really surprised if he did not sign with us for two more years.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

He was posting "Go Dogs" last night. Is there any world where he stays until free agency?
    I can't see one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    What Bailey is forgetting we are closer to a premiership than Collingwood.
    I don't think it's about money or flags for Baz, playing for the biggest club in Melbourne with the opportunities that will open in a marketing sense might be the overriding consideration.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I’d be really surprised if he did not sign with us for two more years.
    Why wouldn't this have already happened is always my question. Not like he can improve his form.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't think it's about money or flags for Baz, playing for the biggest club in Melbourne with the opportunities that will open in a marketing sense might be the overriding consideration.
    That’s why the PSD is a really effective stick. He won’t be growing his brand at North.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes azabob, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I’d put him in the PSD. Unless we get a good offer, he can build his brand at North or move to West Coast. He gets nothing from me if he burns us.
    I am in this camp too.
    And it's not one for bravado.. It's happened too often with us, a player nominates a club, and we get shafted.

Stringer to Bombers was one... and I know we brought on the fire sale, by putting him up for sale... but at the time when we secured Schache in the trade period, I thought that trade smelled like desperation from the club to try and put a positive spin on losing Stringer for chips.... I recall at the time the club spruiking how great it was to add a former pick 2.... as if that means anything a couple of years into the system.

And the Dunkley scenario....

Nope if Smith burns us,, as BT has said, let him build his brand at North or West Coast.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Why wouldn't this have already happened is always my question. Not like he can improve his form.
    Only reason would be haggling over dollars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I am in this camp too.
    And it's not one for bravado.. It's happened too often with us, a player nominates a club, and we get shafted.

Stringer to Bombers was one... and I know we brought on the fire sale, by putting him up for sale... but at the time when we secured Schache in the trade period, I thought that trade smelled like desperation from the club to try and put a positive spin on losing Stringer for chips.... I recall at the time the club spruiking how great it was to add a former pick 2.... as if that means anything a couple of years into the system.

Nope if Smith burns us,, as BT has said, let him build his brand at North or West Coast.
    My q to that Yhf is : if we had done that to Dunkley, would that have changed Smith's situation?

I don't think so. It sounds nice, but we have to take what we can.

Why do they want to go is the issue.

Post Thanks / Like

I am in this camp too.

The club desperately needs to draw a line to our players managers who are dealing with clubs and agreeing in principle knowing we are getting screwed. We are not a feeder club to develop talent and get chips back. If a club wants to pay a fair trade for Smith fine. Take it and move on. Otherwise, if we keep doing this it’s going to keep happening. I think Smith facing North or moving to Perth might pressure his new club to make it happen quickly somehow.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

12. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only reason would be haggling over dollars.
    Yeah maybe, or it's in the queue of deals we have to get done.
    I'm not confident with Baz.

Post Thanks / Like

I am in this camp too.

Stringer done us over , only one club wanted him so we had no bargaining power except to keep him and that wasn’t going to happen as we kicked him out.
    Dunkley wanted out and you can’t stop that if they are out of contract, it’s a matter of who he wants to go to, who is competing for him and you can only get what’s on offer or nothing.
    Smith is much in the Dunkley scenario if he decides to leave.
    If he wants out it would be interesting to see who he names and what’s on offer.
    Power is a great negotiator we will be fine.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

We absolutely have to get the hawks involved. They've got the pick we want.

If we lose Bailey for similar value to Schulz it'll be disappointing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Stringer done us over , only one club wanted him so we had no bargaining power except to keep him and that wasn’t going to happen as we kicked him out.
    Dunkley wanted out and you can’t stop that if they are out of contract, it’s a matter of who he wants to go to, who is competing for him and you can only get what’s on offer or nothing.
    Smith is much in the Dunkley scenario if he decides to leave.
    If he wants out it would be interesting to see who he names and what’s on offer.
    Power is a great negotiator we will be fine.
    Beveridge did us over with the Stringer trade. He publicly said we do not want him.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

If we don’t do the Schache part we win the Stringer trade.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Beveridge did us over with the Stringer trade. He publicly said we do not want him.
    It was worth it
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes azabob liked this post