Thanks Thanks:  246
Likes Likes:  1,440
Page 38 of 137 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Bailey's got this weird thing with his kicking where he's like the opposite of Daniel and Macrae, he can only kick it really straight so he has this Redpath sized turning circle because he can't kick around the corner. He will banana it or use his left if he doesn't have time to turn because he can't kick it inside out or with a bent leg. If you apply frontal pressure to him he tries to use his pace to sort of run around then kick back to his target on an angle which he miskicks a lot

He's really good with low kicks to a leading player and accurate long kicks though
    Yeah, it’s a good point and it’s frustrating. I don’t know whether he lacks agility or he doesn’t trust his kicking depth to cut back inside on the angle but he’s basically a straight line footballer only and opposition have worked out how to pressure him into making mistakes.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I think composure will come with experience. I don't think he has disposal issues I think he has issues with composure under pressure and I think these will be ironed out in the next 12 months. He's an out and out super star and while he's not untouchable talk of trading him is bordering on ludicrous.
    Collingwood says they'll trade Darcy Moore in exchange for Baz, what do you say?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Collingwood says they'll trade Darcy Moore in exchange for Baz, what do you say?
    Done
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd throw them a draft pick as well to secure it.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

The Pies would never entertain a Moore trade. But yes.

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Power is already signing the paperwork.

Like I said he's not untouchable but Moore really would be the perfect player for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, so everyone is on the same page as me.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, so everyone is on the same page as me.
    So a straight swap?

Smith about $350,000-$400,000 next year
    Moore on $825,000 next year

Clubs swapping contract. Or you pay Moore, we pay Smith ($400,000 difference)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Baz is definitely tradeable, like pretty much anyone. Just has to be a super sexy offer.

I can start a trade Baz thread any time anyone wants me to. It's almost a year ago to the day that I started that other trade thread.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

10. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So a straight swap?

Smith about $350,000-$400,000 next year
    Moore on $825,000 next year

Clubs swapping contract. Or you pay Moore, we pay Smith ($400,000 difference)
    Even Ned Guy after a week long bender wouldn't do that deal. Maybe throw in Will Hayes as a sweetener?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Baz is definitely tradeable, like pretty much anyone. Just has to be a super sexy offer.

I can start a trade Baz thread any time anyone wants me to. It's almost a year ago to the day that I started that other trade thread.
    Baz is our most tradeable asset by far, imo, in terms of being able to get a substantial return AND not having a significant impact on our performance if we lost him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Even Ned Guy after a week long bender wouldn't do that deal. Maybe throw in Will Hayes as a sweetener?
    It was a question. The word ‘Or’ tends to indicate multiple options given to the contributor. Along with the preceding question about straight swap. I wanted to understand the terms of a proposed trade. You can keep Hayes.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Baz is our most tradeable asset by far, imo, in terms of being able to get a substantial return AND not having a significant impact on our performance if we lost him.
    Still a chance he becomes our best mid in 2 years though.

I think he gets lost in space which is why he isn't effective as a winger. He's best used in the heat of the battle, using his pace to break away from stoppage. Unfortunately his disposal by hand is awful, so he's prone to errors which can be costly. I think his kicking is fine, but his decision making is average.

For mine he won't catch Sam Walsh, Sam's just a better and more complete player. But Smith can still become a top line mid in the game.

Smith is at his best playing on edge - he took this out of his game after Derm's comments earlier in the year and it took him a long while to find it again. Post bye he's been very good, last week he was poor.

I want to see him keep working on his positioning (it can be really bad defensively at times) and ball handling (needs to improve his hands).
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

I think if Baz was in a team where he wasn't the fifth or sixth best midfielder (almost any other team in the competition), he would be shining a lot brighter. Walsh has had an amazing year as Carlton's #1 - I wonder how Baz would have looked with the same opportunity and consistency of role?

Baz for Moore, maybe Weitering, I would consider - but I would also be disappointed. I think our long-term future will benefit from having Baz in the side, he is a genuine A-grade talent.

16. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure about that. He has speed that not many of our mids possess. Treloar now yes, but he only has a couple of years left. I wouldn't be trading him.