Thanks Thanks:  246
Likes Likes:  1,440
Page 39 of 137 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

We'd be stupid not to entertain a Baz + some for a Moore / Weitering-type trade but that is never going to happen, it's a pipe dream. Outside of an elite key back I wouldn't trade him.

2. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I’ve been doing something strange, really thinking about a straight swap Smith for Moore today. I’m listening, but I’m not across the line. I’d want something extra, not a lot but maybe:

- Future Pick swap, within the same Round (next year), or
    - Some salary, not a huge amount (least interest to me),
    - Swap of fringe players (Something like Lynch to Ruck for us - Young to cover KPD options for them)

I think I could get behind a trade. So Smith is tradable. But ideally with something else baked in to the cake.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So I’ve been doing something strange, really thinking about a straight swap Smith for Moore today. I’m listening, but I’m not across the line. I’d want something extra, not a lot but maybe:

- Future Pick swap, within the same Round (next year), or
    - Some salary, not a huge amount (least interest to me),
    - Swap of fringe players (Something like Lynch to Ruck for us - Young to cover KPD options for them)

I think I could get behind a trade. So Smith is tradable. But ideally with something else baked in to the cake.
    For the first time ever.
    Booo!!!!

First Jeemak with sustained campaign to get rid of Dunkley..and now you???? Et tu BT??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    For the first time ever.
    Booo!!!!

First Jeemak with sustained campaign to get rid of Dunkley..and now you???? Et tu BT??

He's mad with power. First Richards is on the scrap heap and now Smith. All so he can figure out even more intricate trade deals and win the WOOF 2021 like/thanks award for the most likes/thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    He's mad with power. First Richards is on the scrap heap and now Smith. All so he can figure out even more intricate trade deals and win the WOOF 2021 like/thanks award for the most likes/thanks.
    He's turned into Evil Sam Power!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    He's turned into Evil Sam Power!!
    This story has been loosely based on the battle between good Sam Power and Evil Sam Power during trade week. It depicts Evil Sam Power's willingness to gamble away our talent to fulfill his Machiavellian pursuits, and not take no for an answer. The names and specifics of the storyline have been altered for confidentiality and rights purposes, but there's a clear lesson learned here by Evil Sam Power and it's that Good Sam Power has the smarts and technology to stay at least one step ahead at all times.

Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

8. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Collingwood says they'll trade Darcy Moore in exchange for Baz, what do you say?
    Yes. Let’s sort out the fine details.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Let’s sort out the fine details.
    Collingwood would laugh.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

11. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood would laugh.
    Here’s hoping they didn’t watch him the last six quarters. He’s a liability right now and I’m trying to cut him slack, but there’s a limit. If I had to pick three words to describe him the last six quarters:

Shanks. Panic. Dumb (decision maker).

I watch the highlights where Ed Richards got concussed earlier this season. Smith gets the ball looks up, sees Richards and his opponent coming from behind and gave Richards a hospital handball, and a concussion.

He reminds me of Koby Stevens more and more.

13. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can’t unsee Koby Stevens now, BT. Thanks.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

15. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can’t unsee Koby Stevens now, BT. Thanks.
    You’re welcome. I’ve been waiting a while/more games before saying it. When I saw the panicked handball from him that give Richards a concussion I was thinking I haven’t seen that kind of stuff since Koby Stevens. A lot of the issues that held Koby back are similar to Bailey.

If I try to dispassionately look at him. Yes, he’s got speed, can burst away from play, can and does tackle. Can generate good numbers too.

On the flip side. His left foot is very bad. His right foot is long and not generally creative. His decision making is generally poor. His defensive work is sketchy (see Wingard today). He’s good for a brain fade a game (see not rushing a goal today). He is frequently panicked under pressure while compounds decision making. His hands can be sketchy and put team mates in more trouble (see Richards concussion). He’s ranked 18th for Total Turnovers across the entire comp (confirms the above). He’s going well under 50/50 for shot accuracy and is prone to miss altogether.

It’s not all good. And it’s not all bad. Like Koby. And to the question you asked the other day, would you trade him for something really good (Moore)? I would. Which would probably be the best thing for him to play inside mid all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

You need to get off this Moore thing man it's not happening.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    You need to get off this Moore thing man it's not happening.
    That’s what you took away? The question posed by Comrade was Moore. Hence answered. For the avoidance of doubt and full clarity, I would trade Bailey Smith for a suitably decent player irrespective of a surname.

Post Thanks / Like

Bailey Smith was just about our best player for six weeks and now he’s Koby Stevens because of two off games where the entire team was horrible? Come on.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

20. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That’s what you took away? The question posed by Comrade was Moore. Hence answered. For the avoidance of doubt and full clarity, I would trade Bailey Smith for a suitably decent player irrespective of a surname.
    I know you posted it about 10 time today already