Thanks Thanks:  246
Likes Likes:  1,440
Page 42 of 137 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Any restriction on rights is political whether validly motivated or not.

Lockdown's have a quelling effect on questioning the Government's response to something like a pandemic and why, 16 months after the pandemic was declared State government's in Australia are still using the "lockdown" approach to try to eradicate the virus? I'm not against a lockdown per se, but lockdown after lockdown after lockdown with no real plan on how to break the cycle - that is a concern.
    This is off topic but, but you have brought it up. There are are lots of people criticising lockdowns but they have no alternative.

The reason for the lockdowns is because our Government:

1. Decided not to order Pfizer when offered 40 million doses because they thought is was expensive - cost to economy is now billions. We are finally getting supplies now. With AZ they completely stuffed the communications and people were and still are hesitant to get vaccinated with AZ.

2. Decided not to have dedicated quarantine stations but preferred Hotels which just don't contain the virus. Work has finally started on a quarantine station in Victoria

We cant open up yet, as we will just kill more people. We are at now 27% fully vaccinated and the Gov does have a plan - when we get to 80%, there will be no lockdowns.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    This is off topic but, but you have brought it up. There are are lots of people criticising lockdowns but they have no alternative.

The reason for the lockdowns is because our Government:

1. Decided not to order Pfizer when offered 40 million doses because they thought is was expensive - cost to economy is now billions. We are finally getting supplies now. With AZ they completely stuffed the communications and people were and still are hesitant to get vaccinated with AZ.

2. Decided not to have dedicated quarantine stations but preferred Hotels which just don't contain the virus. Work has finally started on a quarantine station in Victoria

We cant open up yet, as we will just kill more people. We are at now 27% fully vaccinated and the Gov does have a plan - when we get to 80%, there will be no lockdowns.
    Please guys, I come on this board to avoid politics with footy and the Bulldogs my one escape from what’s going on right now. Can we just ease off on all the constant political opinion and chat?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

4. Likes GVGjr, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very hard to avoid politics when we are talking about a player literally sharing a politician’s tweet. That said, I agree let’s move on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Please guys, I come on this board to avoid politics with footy and the Bulldogs my one escape from what’s going on right now. Can we just ease off on all the constant political opinion and chat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Very hard to avoid politics when we are talking about a player literally sharing a politician’s tweet. That said, I agree let’s move on.
    agree, sorry no more from me.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Big few weeks for Baz, suggest they'll be defining of how Bulldogs supporters - rightly or wrongly - will view him for the rest of his career as a Bulldog.

My take is that he's a vital element to our success or otherwise, and that's a really big wrap for someone who's still as young as he is and playing in a midfield as "stacked" as ours is.

We need good inside to outside players, and if he can get into the game and get this element right, tidy up his skills and keep running all day I'm hopeful that in combination with Treloar running into some form we look more pacey and dangerous from here on. Both should be primed and ready to go now.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    agree, sorry no more from me.
    I don’t think a need to apologise. I’ve done the same and probably think close to exactly the same as you on topic. But yes, no more from me too ha!

10. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I don’t think a need to apologise. I’ve done the same and probably think close to exactly the same as you on topic. But yes, no more from me too ha!
    But seriously how sh1t is Scomo?

(I joke in honour of Sean Lock! )

I try to steer clear, I agree this should be footy focused.

Agree Jee he has soooo much upside. He's a unique cat too brings lots of things from a marketable sense to our side (200k insta followers is testament to that) so there's challenges and opportunities off field as well as the massive upside on field you've mentioned.

12. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    But seriously how sh1t is Scomo?

(I joke in honour of Sean Lock! )

I try to steer clear, I agree this should be footy focused.

Agree Jee he has soooo much upside. He's a unique cat too brings lots of things from a marketable sense to our side (200k insta followers is testament to that) so there's challenges and opportunities off field as well as the massive upside on field you've mentioned.
    Still only 20 with a lot of upside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    No offence intended Squirrel Grip, but what BAD posted was not politics - it’s based upon fact that best health professionals & scientists would support and was in response to another post that warranted a logical response. Agree I’d rather read about footy too.

My last 10c worth is when anyone including footy players used a blog/retweet from someone else unless their add ons dispute it, it’s kinda logical to think think they might agree with views of initial poster/tweeter.

No more comment from me on this.

Gawd help us -please bring on Friday and sure hope we can celebrate a win.

15. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Gawd help us -please bring on Friday and sure hope we can celebrate a win.
    It would make lockdown more bearable too.

Post Thanks / Like

Progression isn't linear, Baz hasn't had his best year but it has nothing to do with his tweets and the fact he plays fortnite.

When Bailey is at his best, it starts with his defensive pressure. I wanna see more of the basics which will let his talent shine through. Our mids have had a great year and maybe they thought having Dunkley and Treloar back in things were just going to happen, this week the senior members need to lead the way particularly on the defensive side of the game. Who knows maybe Baz may follow..

Post Thanks / Like

He's 20 years old - I'm wondering if he's physically mature enough to be able to provide peak output across an entire season + finals as yet?
    He started the year off on absolute fire. I expect each year we're going to see a better version of Bailey.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

19. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He's 20 years old - I'm wondering if he's physically mature enough to be able to provide peak output across an entire season + finals as yet?
    He started the year off on absolute fire. I expect each year we're going to see a better version of Bailey.
    Yeah I don't get the angst. As you say he's 20 years old and so far ahead of others (Garcia 20), Butler (20), Richards (22), VDM (22) it's not funny. Sure he has junky disposal at times but he plays like a bull at a gate as well remember. Wait until he's 25 with a well-developed core strength and gets up around 90 kg he will be a wrecking ball.

21. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah I don't get the angst. As you say he's 20 years old and so far ahead of others (Garcia 20), Butler (20), Richards (22), VDM (22) it's not funny. Sure he has junky disposal at times but he plays like a bull at a gate as well remember. Wait until he's 25 with a well-developed core strength and gets up around 90 kg he will be a wrecking ball.
    It’s the panicky disposal & sometimes lack of defensive pressure I’m worried about. Not sure that will improve dramatically. Would love for him to stay with us & prove me wrong. Exciting when on song for sure. And yes, young enough he could improve these issues. Can anyone else think of a player at dogs or other clubs with a similar exciting start & similar weaknesses that improved them as years went by?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    It’s the panicky disposal & sometimes lack of defensive pressure I’m worried about. Not sure that will improve dramatically. Would love for him to stay with us & prove me wrong. Exciting when on song for sure. And yes, young enough he could improve these issues. Can anyone else think of a player at dogs or other clubs with a similar exciting start & similar weaknesses that improved them as years went by?
    Jack Macrae not a similar style player but has dramatically improved what was a previous weakness and his passes into our forward line can sometimes be lethal now.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

24. Thanks josie thanked for this post