Thanks Thanks:  246
Likes Likes:  1,440
Page 74 of 137 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778798081828384124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2046
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Footy Classified have called out Bailey Smith's form drop and are asking the question if we are giving him the appropriate level of support.
    Yeah right levels of support seem to come with some inside knowledge but at the same time easy to draw the line. I agree the running he did after the norrfff game was very strange indeed, it's hard to know what to make of his form.

That play in the last quarter, where he was streaming down the middle after receiving from Westy is exactly what we need from him in that role but for some reason we haven't seen it often enough. I did notice he had a compression bandage over his knee last week at training?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Yeah right levels of support seem to come with some inside knowledge but at the same time easy to draw the line. I agree the running he did after the norrfff game was very strange indeed, it's hard to know what to make of his form.

That play in the last quarter, where he was streaming down the middle after receiving from Westy is exactly what we need from him in that role but for some reason we haven't seen it often enough. I did notice he had a compression bandage over his knee last week at training?
    To be honest I don’t think we play him in the position that suits him most, he is an inside and outside player and gathers his possessions doing both . We are playing him as an outside runner only atm thus he is only getting half the possessions he would usually get . Trying to cover run for losing jj and Richards isn’t his game . He enjoys being in the hard stuff and shrugging off blokes. He needs to be at the coal face to get the maximum out of him .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    To be honest I don’t think we play him in the position that suits him most, he is an inside and outside player and gathers his possessions doing both . We are playing him as an outside runner only atm thus he is only getting half the possessions he would usually get . Trying to cover run for losing jj and Richards isn’t his game . He enjoys being in the hard stuff and shrugging off blokes. He needs to be at the coal face to get the maximum out of him .
    He did play a great game when given responsibility for Cripps against Carlton. Perhaps we could set him to play on De Goey this week.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

4. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Yeah I agree, but Baz has the ability to do both if he sets his mind to it. Watching him the last few weeks his heart doesn't look in it playing the outside role, I reckon he is more suited to stopping Daicos.

Post Thanks / Like

Get him in the ruck.

Baz is fine he'll be fine.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

7. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Footy Classified have called out Bailey Smith's form drop and are asking the question if we are giving him the appropriate level of support.
    I only saw the social media grab but it seemed a well balanced piece and they were genuinely concerned and not in a shock jock way.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

9. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I said in the match day thread that I thought he looked like his mind was elsewhere during the game. Not really disinterested, but just somewhere else. Something is impacting his performance, but we can all guess and be mainly wrong. Now that it’s a public question, it would be nice for Bevo at his weekly presser to clear any questions now raised. Doesn’t need to be sinister, but from mental health issues around draft time, and well reported issues since, for fans to know he’s ok or otherwise would be nice to know. I mean, if he’s just not been switched on, or just in a patch of struggling with form or fitness, that’s fine too. Doesn’t need to be a big production, just a comment or two.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes GVGjr, anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I only saw the social media grab but it seemed a well balanced piece and they were genuinely concerned and not in a shock jock way.
    Yep, it wasn't critical at all but asked the question on why his form had dropped off. Cornes even mentioned his own obsession with staying fit when he was playing.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I said in the match day thread that I thought he looked like his mind was elsewhere during the game. Not really disinterested, but just somewhere else. Something is impacting his performance, but we can all guess and be mainly wrong. Now that it’s a public question, it would be nice for Bevo at his weekly presser to clear any questions now raised. Doesn’t need to be sinister, but from mental health issues around draft time, and well reported issues since, for fans to know he’s ok or otherwise would be nice to know. I mean, if he’s just not been switched on, or just in a patch of struggling with form or fitness, that’s fine too. Doesn’t need to be a big production, just a comment or two.
    Spot on.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, it wasn't critical at all but asked the question on why his form had dropped off. Cornes even mentioned his own obsession with staying fit when he was playing.
    Did they mention Treloar returning and his positional change?

15. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Did they mention Treloar returning and his positional change?
    Not Treloar but they did ponder the positional changes and what position he might be best suited to.

17. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not Treloar but they did ponder the positional changes and what position he might be best suited to.
    Seems his best games this year are where he runs with the opposition's best mid then works off them (he does have fantastic running capacity).
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

19. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Seems his best games this year are where he runs with the opposition's best mid then works off them (he does have fantastic running capacity).
    Yeah spot on. I was watching him closely. The HFF->mid role is tricky. You need to be thinking a bit.

Second stoppage he sprints up to the contest.

If there isn't one he stays forward.

When they say form drop off I wonder what they mean exactly? He isn't getting the same number of possessions of course as he's not spending as much time in the midfield.

He had 16, 26 pressure acts which is high, 300 metres gained it wasn't an awful game.

21. Likes GVGjr, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Yeah spot on. I was watching him closely. The HFF->mid role is tricky. You need to be thinking a bit.

Second stoppage he sprints up to the contest.

If there isn't one he stays forward.

When they say form drop off I wonder what they mean exactly? He isn't getting the same number of possessions of course as he's not spending as much time in the midfield.

He had 16, 26 pressure acts which is high, 300 metres gained it wasn't an awful game.
    I think we also have to consider that Freo play a frustrating keepings off type game in their back half and switch the ball around a lot which makes that half forward role even harder.
    I'm not too concerned about a couple of quieter weeks.

23. Likes Grantysghost, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we also have to consider that Freo play a frustrating keepings off type game in their back half and switch the ball around a lot which makes that half forward role even harder.
    I'm not too concerned about a couple of quieter weeks.
    There was one play, I think it was in the second quarter where they were so patient it was actually admirable. They went right, left, right, back left, inside on the 45 which opened up the play and they ended up getting a goal.

I was explaining the entire play to my nephew it was amazing that it came off the way they were planning.