Thanks Thanks:  246
Likes Likes:  1,440
Page 78 of 137 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2046
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    You can just imagine them high fiving each other after that, great job, really put some bullshit together right there.

No discussion around who in the midfield is keeping him out, no discussion around who else has made sacrifices to their game to accommodate everyone. Just the coach has lost faith, he used to be a star (in the exact same role he playing now, mind you) and should go somewhere else so we can all get a massive hard on over clickbait.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Seven rounds ago against the Crows Bailey Smith had 37 touches. That’s decent form! Treloar didn’t play that game. But what has happened since then to his form? Has been a natural erosion of confidence with less time in the middle? Is there something else going on?
    It could be what Luke Beveridge said it was. Poor preparation impacting his output as the season progresses.

4. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    You can just imagine them high fiving each other after that, great job, really put some bullshit together right there.

No discussion around who in the midfield is keeping him out, no discussion around who else has made sacrifices to their game to accommodate everyone. Just the coach has lost faith, he used to be a star (in the exact same role he playing now, mind you) and should go somewhere else so we can all get a massive hard on over clickbait.
    It?s a ridiculously bad show. Do they have such a low opinion of the average AFL supporter? In a lineup of ordinary shows, this is the worst.

Post Thanks / Like

It's particularly puerile because they don't have oxygen due to not having the coverage, and needing to be sensationalist to keep their newspapers in circulation. The show drives the content until the games start again on the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Give him the week off and get him away from the football bubble.
    Give the kid a pressure valve weekend. Given his profile and the media spotlight, I'd give him free reign to have those weekends 1-2 times per year to refresh. He could have a long, excellent career if handled correctly. We know his best is sublime and he's a hard worker when his head is clear.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

They had a cherry picked graphic though - I mean to half time, that's more important than the entire game right!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Give him the week off and get him away from the football bubble.
    Give the kid a pressure valve weekend. Given his profile and the media spotlight, I'd give him free reign to have those weekends 1-2 times per year to refresh. He could have a long, excellent career if handled correctly. We know his best is sublime and he's a hard worker when his head is clear.
    Do we know his head isn't clear?

I'd prefer we up his midfield minutes and set him the challenge to be a dominant player for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Do we know his head isn't clear?

I'd prefer we up his midfield minutes and set him the challenge to be a dominant player for us.
    TBH I'm not sure he plays this week. Not dropped, "rested". If not this week, then in the near future.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    TBH I'm not sure he plays this week. Not dropped, "rested". If not this week, then in the near future.
    Bevo mentioned in this morning's press conference he (Bailey) was ill leading into the Coll game and in the aftermath, but Bailey wanted to play so we backed him in.

He is hoping he will be right to play on Thursday.

12. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Bevo mentioned in this morning's press conference he (Bailey)was ill leading into the Coll game and in the aftermath, but Bailey wanted to play so we backed him in.

He is hoping he will be right to play on Thursday.
    Bevo spoke well; was fairly reserved but got the key points across.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

14. Likes GVGjr, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sedat can you sort this out?

RIVAL VICTORIAN CLUB HAVING ?MEANINGFUL? TRADE CONVERSATIONS ABOUT BULLDOGS STAR

SEN?s Sam Edmund is exclusively reporting that Geelong have had meaningful conversations about trading for Western Bulldogs midfielder Bailey Smith.

Smith has been in the spotlight across recent weeks due to a downturn in form with the former No.7 draft pick seeing his numbers dip in 2023.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/07/...bout-bulldogs/
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

RIVAL VICTORIAN CLUB HAVING ?MEANINGFUL? TRADE CONVERSATIONS ABOUT BULLDOGS STAR

SEN?s Sam Edmund is exclusively reporting that Geelong have had meaningful conversations about trading for Western Bulldogs midfielder Bailey Smith.

Smith has been in the spotlight across recent weeks due to a downturn in form with the former No.7 draft pick seeing his numbers dip in 2023.

Oh those pricks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

“Geelong have contacted Smith's management, but I need to say in the last week or so, probably 16 clubs have done the same, reached out and inquired,” Edmund said.

Lol. So basically every club interested in gun young mid - stop the press

When push comes to shove, we can't compete with the Cotton On Cats - they get an artificial leg-up from the corporates as well as the taxpayer
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    “Geelong have contacted Smith's management, but I need to say in the last week or so, probably 16 clubs have done the same, reached out and inquired,” Edmund said.

Lol. So basically every club interested in gun young mid - stop the press

When push comes to shove, we can't compete with the Cotton On Cats - they get an artificial leg-up from the corporates as well as the taxpayer
    It's total click bait, if we lose another young mid to add to Lipinski and Dunkley I'll spew up!

PS cotton on cats is the perfect acronym.

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't want to lose Smith. I am hopeful we've got a plan to retain him.

20. Likes Grantysghost, kruder liked this post