Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  161
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Jordon Sweet

Anyone been watching him that can offer their opinion on how they think he will go?

Seems early for Martin to rest so I hope it's a case of him earning it
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

The old dog is back after his rest. This young dog now knows first hand the actual competition from inside an AFL game and working with the ‘A-Team’ mids. Plus the sheer speed, fatigue and endurance needed. Which is great to have on board as he strives to improve at Footscray and make an impact the next time called upon. A good first hit out Jordan, and step in your development.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Good debut. Plays with a good, strong, physical mindset. Think he might be made of the right stuff.Will get more opportunity across the year I suspect.

Post Thanks / Like

Really pleased with his game today and I thought he showed some great signs. I recon Sweet will give the MC many a sleepless night. He may be able to take over from Martin and that means English plays more as FF than a ruck
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Really impressed with his debut. He is still far from being ready for regular AFL footy. I reckon his long stint on the bench in the 3rd Qtr was down to his inability to be used on the ground outside of the ruck. He needs to work on his flexibility to play a role outside of being just a tap ruckman.
    Glad he's got a taste, and he certainly made the most of it from the perspective of the areas of the game he's currently good at.

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon that a couple of other clubs will be taking a bit of interest in Jordan at season's end.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

7. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I reckon that a couple of other clubs will be taking a bit of interest in Jordan at season's end.
    Yeah no doubt. Gold Coast probably one of them.
    If Sweet can take this experience, and use it to work on other aspects of his game, then I reckon we're a good chance to keep him.
    Steph doesn't have years to go in his career, and there is a spot for Sweet playing regular football if he can add more strings to his bow than just at ruck contests.
    I think he can do it, and hopefully today spurs him on to show that if he applies himself he's a big chance to get regular games.
    English working out up forward has opened a door for him.

9. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really glad he got his run and we had a win. A lot for him to work on but he didn't let himself or the team down, and now should know what it's like for a big man to stay in the game at the level.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Very good debut from Jordan.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

It's so hard to have an accurate assessment on Sweet given what he was up against today. Did a little bit outside the ruck contest but not enough to be considered an asset. Certainly did enough to give Bevo confidence to rest Stef whenever he feels the time is right, look forward to Sweet having a tougher opponent and really seeing how competitive he is.

13. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    It's so hard to have an accurate assessment on Sweet given what he was up against today. Did a little bit outside the ruck contest but not enough to be considered an asset. Certainly did enough to give Bevo confidence to rest Stef whenever he feels the time is right, look forward to Sweet having a tougher opponent and really seeing how competitive he is.
    A great outcome from today's game is that Sweet has tangible evidence of what he needs to improve upon to get a regular gig.
    Really astute selection of Sweet today by the match committee. Allowed him to showcase his strengths in an environment that wouldn't allow his shortcomings to be exposed.

Post Thanks / Like

How bad were Gold Coast's rucks? That's the best hitout win we've had for years, he was dominating the taps like he was Brodie Grundy. Agree he wasn't much chop around the ground and only played 64% game time, but he has the body type to be quite mobile as his fitness improves
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    How bad were Gold Coast's rucks? That's the best hitout win we've had for years, he was dominating the taps like he was Brodie Grundy. Agree he wasn't much chop around the ground and only played 64% game time, but he has the body type to be quite mobile as his fitness improves
    They didn't really have a recognised ruck playing. You can only do what you do against whoever's there though. So on that front his outing was a success.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s Jord O n Not Jordan.

Post Thanks / Like

This was the game to give him a taste and I think the biggest thing he needs to work on is endurance so he doesn't take bench time away from the runners.

He needs to use more TOG and maybe the Scott Wynd type role could be his game to roll back in defense and help out by getting in the way of the bigger forwards.

Now he knows the effort needed to play he has something to work on.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...