Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  161
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Jordon Sweet

Ryder had very little impact on the game. Considering Sweet has played 4 games that’s a fantastic outcome for him.

2. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Ryder had very little impact on the game. Considering Sweet has played 4 games that’s a fantastic outcome for him.
    I think it was Sweet's best game. Bevo must be really starting to build some trust in Sweet's capabilities this last month.

Post Thanks / Like

Go back to the final and Ryder just toyed with English. Shoving him out of the way with ease, putting it down his mids throats, grabbing it himself, outmarking Timmy around the ground. None of that happened last night.

We've found a long term #1 ruck to pair with English as our #2.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

5. Likes Prince Imperial, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Sweet doing an admirable job but cool your jets. Got blitzed in the hit outs and still a WIP.
    Definitely a work in progress, but he did an excellent job of negating the impact of an excellent ruckman in Ryder.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Give me a better start for a rookie list ruck kid in his first 4 Games:

Disposals 40 (10 average) - 77% Efficient
    Marks 11 (2.8)
    Goals 1 (0.2)
    G/Assists 1 (0.2)
    Behinds 2 (0.5)
    Tackles 18 (4.5)
    Hitouts 83 (20.8)
    Clear. 11 (2.8)
    Inside 50s 9 (2.2)

Vs Suns, Carlton (Pittonet), Port (Ladhams & Dixon), Saints (Ryder)

Did it at both ends tonight, but missed a couple of goals. Minson was sledgehammer, but Sweet is a true artist with his work.

Sweet: 14 touches (3 intercept), 6 marks, 6 tackles, 4 Clearances, 7 1%, 17 hit outs, 7 Score Inv., 0.2 - AFL Fantasy Points 85
    Ryder: 12 touches (0 intercept), 2 marks, 1 tackle, 5 Clearances, 4 1%, 41 hit outs, 1 Score Inv. - AFL Fantasy Points 81

Sweet just outworked and out performed Ryder. It’s also where Sweet got his touches. We smashed them in Clearances, so a bunch more hit outs doesn’t cover the fact Jordan just scalped Paddy Ryder.
    Just got 2 Coaches Votes. The math of all votes means it was 1 x 2 votes. Assuming it was Bevo over Ratten. Meaning Bevo rated him as our fourth best player on the night. Huge result to play on Ryder in game 4 and win two coaches votes against him.

Sweetly!!!!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

RIVALS CHASE RUCK SWEETENER

THE RUCK merry-go-round is set to swing around again this October, with Western Bulldogs back-up Jordon Sweet continuing to attract attention from rival clubs.

Sweet has been among the best performing rucks at state league level in 2023, averaging 42.4 hitouts (No.1 in the VFL) from 12 appearances for Footscray.

It is understood the Western Bulldogs have a new deal on the table for the out-of-contract South Australian and are keen to retain him at the Whitten Oval.

West Coast has attempted to pull Sweet out of the Bulldogs in recent years and may look to do so again, while Port Adelaide is believed to be one of several clubs monitoring his contract status this year.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/974505/g...-eye-dogs-ruck

9. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Sweet will stay ,with him behind Lobb ,Darcy and whoever we play in the ruck from the midfield ahead of him .
    I wished he played more games for us .

I hope we can get trade currency for him , but doubt it if his out of contract

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I doubt Sweet will stay ,with him behind Lobb ,Darcy and whoever we play in the ruck from the midfield ahead of him .
    I wished he played more games for us .

I hope we can get trade currency for him , but doubt it if his out of contract
    If Sweet stays he's a rube.
    "It's over. It's all over."

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    If Sweet stays he's a rube.
    Only chance if Tim bolts but Bevo still probably wouldn't play him.

I really thought we could have given him more time when Martin was here. He didn't seem to be gifted that string of games like others have and never really could prove his worth. There was too much focus on what he couldn't do, we could have just played to his strengths; tap work, clearing space for mids, negating other rucks influences at stoppages just a bruising ruckman in short. I really thought he could have excelled in this areas if given the chance. We won't find out here so we'll see if he can do it somewhere else. Good luck to him, hope he makes it.

14. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Could be his last contract or chance to play AFL. Definitely needs to look elsewhere for his own career.

Post Thanks / Like

From the Gettable Vodcast"

Sam Power

“Yeah, we’ve had a deal of the table for Jordon for the majority of the year. He’s had a really good year at VFL level. He’s just unfortunately sitting behind an All-Australian ruckman, but we really want to keep Jordon.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    From the Gettable Vodcast"

Sam Power
    Well of course he'll say that to drive a hard bargain! We never play him and went and recruited Lobb so clearly don't rate him. I'm surprised we offered him a deal tbh. Wouldn't blame Jordan for taking unders elsewhere. We seem to think we can treat players poorly and still expect them to sign on with us. Didn't work with Dunkley or Young and won't work with Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Well of course he'll say that to drive a hard bargain! We never play him and went and recruited Lobb so clearly don't rate him.
    Why would he say he has had a deal on the table if it isn't true?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Well of course he'll say that to drive a hard bargain! We never play him and went and recruited Lobb so clearly don't rate him. I'm surprised we offered him a deal tbh. Wouldn't blame Jordan for taking unders elsewhere. We seem to think we can treat players poorly and still expect them to sign on with us. Didn't work with Dunkley or Young and won't work with Sweet.
    Don't think that's relevant as Lobb and Sweet play different roles. You might say play English in the Lobb role and ruck Sweet but clearly the club considers English a ruck first and foremost so that's who Sweet is competing with for a spot.

20. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't blame Sweet for not signing the contract yet, he should listen to other offers if they eventuate.
    I'd be happy if he signed up with us again but can understand if he leaves.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"